LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

thinking about putting a carb. on my LT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another hearty vote for keeping it fuelie.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Teching In

thanks again..... that was a big help looks like im going to stay EFI any one know anything about my tranny prob ????
Old 02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Hit up Vince@FLT on here. Hes knows 4l60s like the back of his hand..
Old 02-08-2008, 06:12 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sandovalt1
thanks guys i really needed other opinnions. i run the car mainly on the street and once in a while on the strip. i have LT1 edit, just need to buy the cable. thanks for the info. i didnt know which way to go. now another question. i have a built 4l60e. when i put it back in from being freshned up it doesnt want to shift with the pedal to the floor. it just goes in the rev limiter untill i let off a little bit then it shifts, but if the rpms drop to much it down shifts back. does it have something to do with the tune or the tranny is bad ??? im thinking about going th350 or 400 any help with that ??? thanks
I would have to say that it is in the tune if the trans was just refreshed. Did you change you stall speed in the torque converter? If so this is more than likely effecting the shifts. I would recommend getting it retuned to see if that helps you out. Good luck. Vince
Old 02-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sandovalt1
thanks guys i really needed other opinnions. i run the car mainly on the street and once in a while on the strip. i have LT1 edit, just need to buy the cable. thanks for the info. i didnt know which way to go. now another question. i have a built 4l60e. when i put it back in from being freshned up it doesnt want to shift with the pedal to the floor. it just goes in the rev limiter untill i let off a little bit then it shifts, but if the rpms drop to much it down shifts back. does it have something to do with the tune or the tranny is bad ??? im thinking about going th350 or 400 any help with that ??? thanks
Try adding more fluid. My friend had the same problems with his ls1 4l60 and it should bounce some then shift. Common problem with a simple fix
Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I would have to say that it is in the tune if the trans was just refreshed. Did you change you stall speed in the torque converter? If so this is more than likely effecting the shifts. I would recommend getting it retuned to see if that helps you out. Good luck. Vince

thanks vince the i changed the converter when it was re freshened. i now have a circle d converter the stall is @3500

Quick Reply: thinking about putting a carb. on my LT1