LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

So... some bitch hit my beautiful car on tuesday...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KyleLs1
get a tape recorder, get her to admit it by offering her to only pay the ded. then once you have her on tape - threaten legal action for the rest
With unadmissable evidence? Do you watch a lot of television, by chance?
Old 05-01-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

$500 for harassment? I have enough evidence that she did it. I'm giving her an easy way out. She LIED about saying a girl was following her into a work. She lied right to my face saying she didn't do it. the **** matches up, I know its her. If she files for harassment at my job im just going to quit my job. I dont want to work for a place that doesn't care about their employees. especially what my manager did REALLY pissed me off. he just shrugged it off like its nothing.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn dude, your handling this alot better than i would to be honest...
Old 05-01-2008, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThoR294
$500 for harassment? I have enough evidence that she did it. I'm giving her an easy way out. She LIED about saying a girl was following her into a work. She lied right to my face saying she didn't do it. the **** matches up, I know its her. If she files for harassment at my job im just going to quit my job. I dont want to work for a place that doesn't care about their employees. especially what my manager did REALLY pissed me off. he just shrugged it off like its nothing.
What did you expect? Him to referree your argument? The only things you do know for certain: your company refuses to participate in any manner, she's denied she did it, and your insurance rates are unaffected.

Like the quote in Training Day - it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Good luck getting things reconciled - I feel your pain.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

I held myself back a lot. I was almost seeing red when my manager just walked away when he said "she didnt do it" and he barley even looked at anything. I just kept it to myself. I wouldn't be pissed AT ALL if she came up to me and told me she did it as soon as it happened. **** happens, we all **** up.

I expected my manager to at least care and maybe look at her car and try to get her to confess or something. instead of just walking away.

I will most likely just eat the $500. shes ******* ugly and apparently no one really likes her at work anyway. so... yeah
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Banned

Damn thats enough to go curb stomp someone
Old 05-01-2008, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Found proof? What proof, genius? The law gives her the benefit of the doubt because the 'proof' is circumstantial at best. Without witnesses or a camera, he's stuck and it's a shame.

What 'next level' legal action, Perry Mason? Enlighten us on the grounds with the proof he has, and what your legal response would be. Should we send her to the electric chair now, or give her 20 years on the hard evidence presented?

Unfuckingbelievable. Two wrongs make a right in your book? Grow the **** up - it's people like you who contribute to the rates the rest of us have to pay. If you did this to my g/f without being able to prove it with irrefutable evidence, a witness or a confession by her, $1k in damage to your car would be the last thing you'd have to worry about - you'd need that $1k to re-attach your teeth. There is a lawful process, and you need to follow it without intimidation or childish responses.

I'm in no way defending this woman, but like I said - karma is a bitch and it will come around if she is lying. Resorting to adolescent tactics just isn't right. Also, watch out - since you've already confronted her, continuing to pester her to pay $500 might get you sued. Wouldn't that be a bitch?

And I agree - whoever hit it probably was on their cell phone and let the front of the car swing out too wide. Happens pretty frequently and it infuriates me too.
Ok why not I am always game for a good argument.

You want to see a government that goes by proof? Do not make me laugh while the ideals are great they are not what everyone lives up to hints why someone is not dealing with the person who hit them in the first place. An honorable person would have been there finding the owner of this car.

Would you like to check the paint on both vehicles for a match would that be enough for you? Or is there more you would like? If you want to hit hard facts your right he should pay to have some paint tested but this is not rocket science here.

You want to play the harp for the other side saying everyone here is mean blah blah blah. Oh and my comment I think anyone can see its funny, how often have you thought to yourself (As with the comment you made me to about how you would knock my teeth in) what you would do. I can say right now I have no doubt those saying this on here are thinking the same thing. God I would so do that... in my head.

But hey your going to reform civilization, show us all what animals and heathens we are. Blame all of society for the problems that reside with INDIVIDUALS! Grow up yourself, you entered a game of morals without having the ground to stand on.

You have basically called everyone who said something shallow because they did not see things your way... would you happen by chance to be a Jehovah's Witness? Sounds a lot like my In-Laws... (And yes if you can not hear the sarcasm that was a joke).

Now lets see, we have someone who took the time to measure the dents, check things and its obvious there is a reason to suspect foul play. If that means he is going to go cut her tires I think he would have done it already don't you? Did you honestly think he was so weak minded he was just waiting for us to tell him to go do it? Jesus for someone who preaches about personal rights you sure do not think people are strong willed enough to do the right thing themselves.... but then this post shows someone again who obviously did not do so when they hit his car.

You really seem to like the lawful process but until you have taken it a few times I think you might want to watch that announcement. However since you take the internet so seriously and sarcasm is lost to you let me make it clear now:
I am not telling you to go harm that ladies Jeep/Car or break things on it.

Does that help you? However maybe since your Captain Courageous you could go talk to the gentleman who agreed to buy my RX7's and never paid and while I have the paper work to take him to court the 1200 left that he owes me would take me what 1-2 years and more then that to recover so why go to court again? Oh yes to do the right thing... and take 1200 + 1500 from my family just because.... sure my son would rather me win that then buy him some new toys, a bike and save for his college.

As for the next level, it sounds to me like the thread OP feels she her self already feels guilty about it. He seems to be rather sure of this. My suggestion obviously will warrant him talking to her again and letting her know he intends to have the issue investigated and find out from the fragments of paint left on his car (This would be pushing the issue of truth here should he not have any) checked for what factory used such paint.

If she really is worried and did it I would believe that to be enough to push her over the edge but every person is different. And he has nothing else to roll with anyway.

However you seem to feel pushing things like that would be bad so then what are you telling him to do? He plans on confronting her again he should have a game plan and something usable to some effect. But then maybe what your really telling him to do is since he has nothing he should just get frustrated and take it out on her the way some are joking with doing...? Because he better not talk to her or you/her BF might bust his teeth in because he jumped to conclusions as well and life will really get interesting right?

This was fun thanks, alittle tiring and I rambled a little but fun none the less.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

$500 is a lot especially when it wasnt your fault.. take legal action.. save the curb biting and window smashing for the new Grand Theft Auto game lol
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Damn thats enough to go curb stomp someone
Awful tempting if you actaully saw who did it...
Old 05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

its funny, because today I did not park in the spot where she hit me, and lo and behold, she parked in that SAME EXACT SPOT. which again, draws in my head. she tried to park where my car was parked, didn't see me, and nabbed my bumper. and that was also the first day i parked in that spot, which I guess was "her spot"

I told the guy who sells electrical addons to cars (navi, speakers, cameras, etc.) to go talk to her and tell her that hes offering a discount on backup cameras and sensors... and see what she says lol
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

LMAO Thats great. '

Hey Lady I hear you might need a back up camera... your rear end is a little to big for you to handle!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cross
Me too.

You want to see a government that goes by proof? Do not make me laugh while the ideals are great they are not what everyone lives up to hints why someone is not dealing with the person who hit them in the first place. An honorable person would have been there finding the owner of this car.
This is not about the honor of the person who hit it. It's about dealing with what you can prove.

Would you like to check the paint on both vehicles for a match would that be enough for you? Or is there more you would like? If you want to hit hard facts your right he should pay to have some paint tested but this is not rocket science here.
Not rocket science at all, but without a witness, you're fucked. Sorry. If you want to take the time to take the paint to a lab for testing, knock yourself out, Columbo. The analysis may cost more than the deductible.

You want to play the harp for the other side saying everyone here is mean blah blah blah. Oh and my comment I think anyone can see its funny, how often have you thought to yourself (As with the comment you made me to about how you would knock my teeth in) what you would do. I can say right now I have no doubt those saying this on here are thinking the same thing. God I would so do that... in my head.
Playing the harp? Nope. It's an immature knee-jerk reaction to choke the living **** out of someone who's fucked with your car. I'm guilty of it too. In this circumstance, I was merely trying to save the OP some grief chasing a 'case' that may just not turn out real bitchin' for him. Forgive me if I didn't jump on the retribution train like most. I understand how things can go from "I'm pissed as hell and going to **** your world up!" to "Wow - the $500 deductible was a deal compared to the ****-mess I'm in now".

But hey your going to reform civilization, show us all what animals and heathens we are. Blame all of society for the problems that reside with INDIVIDUALS! Grow up yourself, you entered a game of morals without having the ground to stand on.
Wow - you really put me in my place. Error 404 - point not found. Are you suggesting that it is morally accceptable to dish out retribution?

You have basically called everyone who said something shallow because they did not see things your way... would you happen by chance to be a Jehovah's Witness? Sounds a lot like my In-Laws... (And yes if you can not hear the sarcasm that was a joke).
I simply said that acting out immaturely and without irrefutable evidence was inappropriate. People will learn, that as they grow up and accumulate assets, that they can be taken when you act like a punk-*** kid. And it's not my way of thinking - it's the thinking of a civilized society and the basis for why laws exist in the first place.

I suppose the joke would be funny if I actually knew your in-laws.

Now lets see, we have someone who took the time to measure the dents, check things and its obvious there is a reason to suspect foul play. If that means he is going to go cut her tires I think he would have done it already don't you? Did you honestly think he was so weak minded he was just waiting for us to tell him to go do it? Jesus for someone who preaches about personal rights you sure do not think people are strong willed enough to do the right thing themselves.... but then this post shows someone again who obviously did not do so when they hit his car.
I don't know the OP, and I'm not sure what else you're trying to say.

You really seem to like the lawful process but until you have taken it a few times I think you might want to watch that announcement. However since you take the internet so seriously and sarcasm is lost to you let me make it clear now:

Does that help you? However maybe since your Captain Courageous you could go talk to the gentleman who agreed to buy my RX7's and never paid and while I have the paper work to take him to court the 1200 left that he owes me would take me what 1-2 years and more then that to recover so why go to court again? Oh yes to do the right thing... and take 1200 + 1500 from my family just because.... sure my son would rather me win that then buy him some new toys, a bike and save for his college.
You are correct - I believe in the lawful process because I understand how it works, and what doesn't work. I've been on both ends of judgements - no education or advice from you is really necessary.

Internets is serious business We all know that

And I'm not sure how your fucked car deal has anything to do with this issue Sorry to hear, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Your contractual issue with the other party is a far cry from this action - I assume you actually have proof, the OP in his situation, not so much.

As for the next level, it sounds to me like the thread OP feels she her self already feels guilty about it. He seems to be rather sure of this. My suggestion obviously will warrant him talking to her again and letting her know he intends to have the issue investigated and find out from the fragments of paint left on his car (This would be pushing the issue of truth here should he not have any) checked for what factory used such paint.

If she really is worried and did it I would believe that to be enough to push her over the edge but every person is different. And he has nothing else to roll with anyway.
I bolded the only relevant part, and most important point, of your comment.

However you seem to feel pushing things like that would be bad so then what are you telling him to do? He plans on confronting her again he should have a game plan and something usable to some effect. But then maybe what your really telling him to do is since he has nothing he should just get frustrated and take it out on her the way some are joking with doing...? Because he better not talk to her or you/her BF might bust his teeth in because he jumped to conclusions as well and life will really get interesting right?
He did everything he could. Short of a full forensic analysis (quick - get Horatio Cain here!), his options are limited. This is why we have insurance.

Talking to her calmly might be productive - once you cross the line of baseless accusations, and more than once, you're on shaky ground - especially at the workplace. Management has already been made aware of the issue, and the OP could be fired without much notice.

I don't know about your wife (no disrespect here at all), but if the roles were reversed, you believed she did nothing wrong, and someone llike the OP kept harrassing/intimidating her, would you let that slide? In my shoes, I promise things would get interesting real quick.

This was fun thanks, alittle tiring and I rambled a little but fun none the less.
Is your television broken tonight?
Old 05-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

DAAAAAAAMMNNNNN!!!!!!

for the win!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That happened a month ago to my sisters w68 firebird.... that sucks man! I know how you feel.....
Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah its broke lol, actually not really wife's computer is hooked to it... and she is on myspace.... blah.

Its nice to see someone not get upset when someone takes the other side. Nice too meet you! (Seriously, not many who can).

Anyway I saw some further points that should be clarified.

First as for my comment on Seeing both ends and where they can take you. I think we have both seen that from experience. But as I stated in the end I think we can both safely say most of the people who said that would do what I said:
"God I am going to cut that womans tires, put brake fluid all over her paint... all in my own head." Which I said above.

However when choosing me as your target you made it out to be we were going to force the OP to do something so i pointed out the fact that means you think he is weak minded and just waiting for others to tell him what to do.

Human nature is to think about what you would like to do in return, personal restraint or if you will having morals means you will think them up all day (I am sure he thought up a few things he could do to his bosses face since he is also upset with him) but not following through because you know it will not solve anything besides making you feel better.

I think that point is clear now.

As for the comment of knowing my inlaws you do not need to the joke was what I said before it. I just made sure no one jumped on me for saying something that was generalized without personal experience my self.

If it was my wife and I saw what he showed me I would have first said "oh f-body, I have a good painter friend let me help, and two I would have agreed with him that it sucked this is my wife and in this situation I will take your number and go have a talk."

I don't just believe someone, even my wife because I know them. However in "Knowing them" I know things they are likely to do. In this case I know she would not have tried to hide it so my conversation with her would have been brief and barring anything abnormal I would have believed her and just offered to help the guy ref him to my Body guy who would have taken good care of him.

(On another note to the thread OP, I know someone who will buy your bumper to help you recoup some of those costs, shoot me a pm)

He might have still been upset but its clear here the thread op just wants someone he feels was involved to step up and do atleast something. Since only the driver of the other vehicle knows for sure I would do what i felt was right to another person who needed my help. *Shrugs* but then I have also been told quite to often I am way to nice... but its never given me any problems sleeping at night.

But don't for one second not think I would not have thought of doing nasty things to someone where it my camaro... we all do again I spoke about human nature above.

Either way SS, I think we both seem to agree but I do feel he has enough info to warrant that this lady is hiding something, false alibi, marks that are matching... were we on CSI we could make some fun of it but I can't stand that guy you named... can't spell his name either lol.

So either way, I def enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Now back to watching someone navigate myspace.... damit
Old 05-02-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

id kick her in the dick
Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by squeals99
id kick her in the dick
Old 05-02-2008, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

Ouch where did I miss mention that she is a "Pat" lol
Old 05-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoR294
what it takes to fix the damage:
new bumper
Why a new bumper? Looks like it can easily be sanded and repainted.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

Note to self: Next time my car gets hit, I'll be sure to call a "manager"

Quick Reply: So... some bitch hit my beautiful car on tuesday...