LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

If you were a thief...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by revtime
Beaters are the best defense against theft. Buy a reliable vehicle that you don't give a damn about and have a lot less stress. My car stays in the garage and if it gets jacked there my homeowners insurance covers it. When it does get driven I am always close.
I have a 97 Buick LaSabre that I daily drive. No body gives that Buick a second glance including the cops.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 94 F-body
in my opion the real way to secure your stuff is to sit there with a 12 gauge and put a few rounds in him when he trys anything funny yea a little messy but effective, all other methods can be bypassed.
very nice idea now what if your not around your car when a theif stricks or is making a plan to strick and is looking at your car....
Old 05-18-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

our cars are actually pretty good theft deterents. You can set the sensitivity of the alarm as well as VATS being a pain in the *** even if you aren't trying to steal it. Now its not too difficult to bypass vats but only someone very fluent with F-Body's would know this...and if that's the case not much can be done. Manual fuel pump switches, battery kills, and stuff like that would also help as well.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by revtime
Beaters are the best defense against theft. Buy a reliable vehicle that you don't give a damn about and have a lot less stress. My car stays in the garage and if it gets jacked there my homeowners insurance covers it. When it does get driven I am always close.
I have a 97 Buick LaSabre that I daily drive. No body gives that Buick a second glance including the cops.
I agree, that is why my DD looked like crap. it was a dented primer stock Mazda 626 4 door with curb rashed rims. That and do not drive a Honda, in my old hood that was the car everyone like to take, Nissan was #2. and if one of the two makes I mentioned had any aftermarket stuff it was taken alot quicker
Old 05-18-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fotis
very nice idea now what if your not around your car when a theif stricks or is making a plan to strick and is looking at your car....
my point is there is no magic answer to this question, there is a couple low tech and a couple of hi tech ways to TRY to slow him down or maybe stop him but point is that if a thief, mostly one that has done the deed before and wants your car than it is only a matter of time before he gets it
Old 05-18-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fotis
I don't think my post was off topic at all. The fact of the matter is if you have alot of time and effort in the car and it does get stolen then even if insurance comes across your still out the time and work to get it where it was. THE best defense against that is to be close to it or for the car not to be somewhere it can be stolen.

My 250 lb ax murderer lookin *** is a WAY better deterrent than lojack.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by zlover129
our cars are actually pretty good theft deterents. You can set the sensitivity of the alarm as well as VATS being a pain in the *** even if you aren't trying to steal it. Now its not too difficult to bypass vats but only someone very fluent with F-Body's would know this...and if that's the case not much can be done. Manual fuel pump switches, battery kills, and stuff like that would also help as well.
Comptley off topic, but your paint job is killer ZLover.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
you could rig up something like Biff in back to the future. where you have to mash the gas, brake and clutch and the beep the horn in a certain sequence then turn the key to start the car.

that movie is badass!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is scary stuff...

http://www.clubbuster.com/

Quick Reply: If you were a thief...