LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LE1 h/c track times

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eventually a dead horse will stop flinching if you beat it enough. Let this thread die already. I know you like to have the last word at everything so go ahead and post some more mindless drivel and be gone.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thou shalt not covet.
Wouldn't dream of coveting that
Old 06-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
Eventually a dead horse will stop flinching if you beat it enough. Let this thread die already. I know you like to have the last word at everything so go ahead and post some more mindless drivel and be gone.
K... "mindless drivel..."

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Wouldn't dream of coveting that
I'll take that 396 off his hands if he doesn't know how to make it run
Then make up your mind?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I said I would take it off your hands. Didn't say it was my wet dream of life and I wish it were mine.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Village Troll

I said I would take it off your hands. Didn't say it was my wet dream of life and I wish it were mine.
Actually you did. Just not in so many glamorous words. I'll let you know when my 11.8 pile is ready for prime time. I have family in OH so perhaps we can line up to see how terrible my turd will do in a little motor to motor run?

Last edited by SS RRR; 06-06-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

To anyone that might find this info usefull, the Impy gaskets where used on the H/C swap to help compensate for the slightly larger cambers once Lloyd reworks them.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
To anyone that might find this info usefull, the Impy gaskets where used on the H/C swap to help compensate for the slightly larger cambers once Lloyd reworks them.
Why is it so difficult for you to just post up a mods list and timeslips?
Or is it you had a someone else do all the work and you just stood by the wayside completely clueless as to what was going on and you have absolutely no idea how or why you had someone do the things you did? Just followed advice like a good lemming? I mean you've already admitted to not even touching the engine for any of those mods so one has to wonder why you are being so cryptic, refusing to fulfill a simple request, all the while bickering while trying to change the subject. Just disclose what you've done to achieve your greatness. This thread should be about the success of your car instead of lamely slinging mud. It's now your time to shine! Start by disclosing the area of the combustion chambers and your static CR and then go from there.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Just disclose what you've done to achieve your greatness.
Maybe there nothing special done to the car....maybe he just put the parts on it that lloyd recemended. Like my car,thers nothing special done to my car and it runs the number..
Old 06-06-2008, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

DAMN!!

This thread is so far off topic it could not find its way back with a map and nav!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good grief! LE1 H/C times ONLY please. This WAS a good thread.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by vanilla89
Maybe there nothing special done to the car....maybe he just put the parts on it that lloyd recemended. Like my car,thers nothing special done to my car and it runs the number..
What number? What mods did you do to "run the number"? Maybe Z-Rated can answer for himself?

This is a perfect example of poor sportsmanship. All I have done is suggest a different combo in which I know is a proven performer- based strictly on my opinion and experiences and all of sudden pandemonium breaks out. It's not as if I've wished death on anyone's mother for Christ sake...

Z-Rated- If you want to be used as an example the very least you can do is discuss your experiences with your combo and what you had to do to get to the ET/MPH you've disclosed instead of worrying about something completely unrelated to this thread. So far you are the closest illustration to post up. Once again, why is that so difficult?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Staging Lane

wow i'm not on for a day and my thread goes nuts i think i'm just gonna give lloyd a call see what he thinks will best suit my needs, but if there is anyone out there that does have some more track times i'd love to see them
Old 06-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by 93 black t/a
wow i'm not on for a day and my thread goes nuts i think i'm just gonna give lloyd a call see what he thinks will best suit my needs, but if there is anyone out there that does have some more track times i'd love to see them
Good luck with that. Since there is reluctancy from the LE camp I'll oblige to post up my LPE info:
Right lane:

Mods list was:
LPE LT4 CNC heads/intake (60cc chambers, stock -5 pistons, .020 in the hole w/ .039 gastets= 10.2:1 CR. Combustion chambers were massaged to run on a 383 and to retain a 11:1 CR)
LPE/Acell 211/219 .533/.560 112lsa cam
LPE/Acell 58mm TB
Hooker LT headers and ORY through full exhaust (SLP 2OTL w/ no cutout)
12-bolt w/ 3.73 gears
UD/OD pullies
3750lb race weight using stock 17" wheels up front and 16" '97 wheels w/ ET Streets
SLP Level II suspension with "progressive rate springs" and (I think) Bilstein shocks all the way around. Car lowered 3/4" (at least) from stock.
Stock T/A
Front sway bar still connected
Hotchkis LCA's with no relocation brackets (LCA's installed before they were made)
Hotchkis STB
stock fuel pump
stock fuel injectors
stock ignition

The above slip was the best it ever ran. During the summer months it would run consistent 12.1's and 12.2's at 114mph. Dynoed 370rwhp/355rwtq.
When I had Edelbrock shorties running through the stock Y-pipe with stock cats it ran a best of 12.5 @ 110. That combo dynoed 350rwhp/350rwtq.
Combo was on the car from 30K miles to 110K miles and never had one problem. Power curve behaved just like stock.

If you chose to go with LE I hope for the best and wish you can make the combo run to your satisfaction.

Last edited by SS RRR; 06-07-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Or is it you had a someone else do all the work and you just stood by the wayside completely clueless as to what was going on and you have absolutely no idea how or why you had someone do the things you did? Just followed advice like a good lemming? I mean you've already admitted to not even touching the engine for any of those mods so one has to wonder why you are being so cryptic, refusing to fulfill a simple request, all the while bickering while trying to change the subject. Just disclose what you've done to achieve your greatness. This thread should be about the success of your car instead of lamely slinging mud. It's now your time to shine! Start by disclosing the area of the combustion chambers and your static CR and then go from there.
Not only are you a pain, you always seem to have selective memory lose. The car is set up as Lloyd recommends on his site. Once again the fuel pump was replaced because the old one was acting up. The 30lb. injectors were installed in case I decided to go with a bigger cam. I helped my friend do most of the work in his garage, not mine, because it made it easier for him. I pulled the exhaust while he started on the top end. We pulled the two heads together as to not screw up the steam pipe. I slide the cam in and started on buttoning it up after the timing chain was installed. He started on the EWP conversion yada yada yada. The electrical connectors are all different, so that can't be screwed up, even by you. The zero lash thing is the only problem we had and said screw it since it was going to Speed Inc. anyways. What do you like to call them? The clownhouse? Now that statement in itself is pretty funny considering the cars they have put together and the times they have run. They adjusted the new style Comp Rs you like so much and made some fine adjustments on Madwolves (Ions) mail order tune, which was so close it wasn't funny.
I do expect you to divert this thread and or my comments once again as usual. Otherwise I will be greatly disappointed.
The other thing I would like to mention is again, is your reaction times. I do believe you were in the left lane on your slip. Even if you weren't, my wife has cut better 60ft. times than the right lane 30 years ago. Hell, she can probably cut a better 60ft. than you, and she hasn't driven a stick in almost 20 years.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Village Troll

I guess it must be far too difficult for you to simply provide mods with timeslips. It's only been asked of you what.. three times now? Why is it so hard? Instead of proving your setup and providing info. you'd rather attempt to skirt the request and spend more time justifying how someone else worked on your car for you. Typical...
Old 06-07-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I guess it must be far too difficult for you to simply provide mods with timeslips. It's only been asked of you what.. three times now? Why is it so hard? Instead of proving your setup and providing info. you'd rather attempt to skirt the request and spend more time justifying how someone else worked on your car for you. Typical...
Again, diverted reasoning. 3 times? I have sent you my slip before the system recovery on my computer which wiped it clean. Maybe a change in meds might help you remember this? As stated, you seem to have seletive memory. I will post a new slip for this site in about two months.
I don't think my average times are that hard to believe. This is beyond silly on your part. Thinking that 11.90s is something that is slow for an LE1 is for me, hard to believe. Me personally, am just happy the few times a year I take the car out to the track, it runs half way decent. If it was a solid roller 396, I would be slightly embarrassed with the results. Notice the word *** in embarrassed. That might not be you, would it?
Sorry to the rest of you reading this. Plain and simple, I don't care for the LE bashing. Make your own call, and or pick your own head porter. There are many to choose from.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Village Troll

Is this your effort to supply said mods with your ET's?
... if you still want to be used as an example then you should disclose what you had to do to get there with a mods list and time slips. Fair enough?
Start by disclosing the area of the combustion chambers and your static CR and then go from there.
It's been stated several times it looks like. I don't get why you refuse to disclose a simple mods list with timeslips.
It's not a matter of not believing your ET's. It's a matter of you disclosing what you had to do to get to your 11.9. Sure your car runs great and has responded well to what you had to do to get there. Why not share your accomplishments instead of this cryptic nonsense and weak attempts to change focus to a setup that has nothing to do with this thread along with name calling. How about it? What are you ashamed of?
Old 06-07-2008, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You still can not cover my old LE times from 2002!

Mods

95 Z28
Hookers LTs
Yanks 3,800 PT
12 Bolt 3.73s
STOCK 4L60E
Full SLP Duel Duel
Early LE heads
GM #847
LPE 58mm
SLP CAI

11.8s driving it to the track

Engine mods cost me less then $2k at the time

Thanks For playing buddy. I think you are a great guy but you have drug this thread so far from where it was going you need to shut it down
Old 06-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Village Troll

I would hope you could run quicker w/ a GM847 cam than the 211/219 cam in an auto no less. What MPH did you run w/ that 11.8? Race weight?
I don't believe me asking an individual for a simple mods list and timeslips who is begging to be recognized as a LE1 reference is taking anything too far.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Damn this horse is still flinching, lol? With all this tenderizing it's going to make some great dog food for some lucky mutt

I just realized that you had a CNC LT4 heads and that LPE cam and ran 12.0 and now you have a SR 396 and you run 11.8 in the same car? Is that right? Did you pay someone for that or did you build it yourself?

Quick Reply: LE1 h/c track times