LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

awsome cc503 dyno today

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008 | 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by transam1577
LOL LOL i havent been on here in a while so i havent seen all the bull s--- that you guys are saying now i understand why you guys think what you think but whit till you see my timeslip at the track!!! or better yet anyone nearby is welcome to come!!! but you will see a car that performs way better than way better N/A than your slapped together bulls---... i hate to sound like a dick but im not new to this i do have a two 10 sec big block drag trucks aswell and i know how they perform so i can compare.and i dynoed my car on two diff. dynos and the are consistint, but i dont know maybe when the companys thats bought those 80K dollar dynos got some bad ones (thats ironic as hell) i will get the injectors and tune soon but untill then im done debating with you on what i know!!!!!!!
What kind of dynos did you use Mr. Hardcore racer?
Old 07-03-2008 | 06:36 PM
Launching!

I'll not get into this debate because I don't know what numbers a CC503 should make but I think it's funny as hell when one guy says "I'll believe it when someone does it"...then someone does it and everyone calls bullshit.

I think you mean "I believe it when someone I know and I was there and I helped build it" does it.

Old 07-03-2008 | 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just to note, Im not sure on the hp/torque of my car because it has not been dynoed, but my 95 z with a 503 cam and pm performance ported stock heads runs 11.6's at 116.
Old 07-03-2008 | 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by slow and da curious
I'll not get into this debate because I don't know what numbers a CC503 should make but I think it's funny as hell when one guy says "I'll believe it when someone does it"...then someone does it and everyone calls bullshit.
No, he didn't "do it". That was referring to making 400+. He posted a dyno showing 360. So whether or not that was right, either way he didn't do the "it" that statement was referring to.
Old 07-03-2008 | 10:38 PM
Launching!

Infinite, the "it" I was referring to was his torque numbers first of all. I still haven't clicked on the dyno graph and don't plan to but he stated it made 367hp and 415'ish torque with exhaust leak and stock injectors. I'm assuming if he claims these numbers then attaches a dyno that he's got the numbers right according to what was dynoed. The integrity of the dyno was then questioned so the kid goes to another dyno, different type, and puts down very similar numbers. But it's still called bullshit by a few CC503 experts (respectfully) again....lol. That's what I was talking about.

Then the guy, in his excitement, starts thinking that maybe (to quote him) high 300 to low 400hp is possible once he gets his bugs out. Well he gets flamed for having the unmitagated gall to think that a little cc503 can make that much hp. He's already at 367....that's right at 370. So I would say his claim of "possibly" making high 300hp range is in his reach. To me, 370 is pretty much high 300's. I mean, it's over 350 and below 400 so where do you draw the line? To some, high 300 may mean 390hp, IDK...and don't care. That's all relative to your definition of "high 300's".

But just because no one's seen it before, doesn't mean it isn't possible IMHO. Maybe some of the doubters ought to let this guy port their heads...lol. Who know's? And don't read any sarcasm or hostility in my words. They're not meant that way.

And I said I wasn't gonna get into this debate...lol.
Oh well,
Old 07-03-2008 | 10:40 PM
Launching!

OK, sidebar. Am i dislexic, retarded or something else because I have the 305 cam from comp cams in my car and i've never heard of the 503. Is this the same thing or am i just way out in left field? Reason I ask is that I run 12's on my comp 305 and stock ported heads setup with a big stall and rear...which in my head probably is worth 400 at the crank (ie: 350 plus at the wheels). And since those numbers matched up with some of the ones mentioned...that got me thinking.
Old 07-03-2008 | 11:02 PM
Launching!

I would say....uhhmm....dislexic....lol. J/K man. One of these cam guru's will chime in and help you out, I'm sure. Did you check the Cam Stickie at the top of the forum? Maybe that'll help.
Old 07-04-2008 | 12:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slow and da curious
Then the guy, in his excitement, starts thinking that maybe (to quote him) high 300 to low 400hp is possible once he gets his bugs out. Well he gets flamed for having the unmitagated gall to think that a little cc503 can make that much hp.
Well it wasn't my intention to flame him, but since I've never seen even a single example of that (nor has anyone else it seems) I will just remain extremely skeptical of those claims.
Old 07-04-2008 | 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

Lookin' good man. Get some bigger injectors and a proper tune
She should run real nice. The 503 works very well in an LT1 with supporting mods.

Did you port the intake to match your ported heads?
Old 07-04-2008 | 04:49 PM
Launching!

i don't know your experience as an engine builder, so don't take this as a slap in the face...but, are u sure this is on stock cubes? did u build the bottom end or just port the heads and install the cam? impressive torque numbers!
Old 07-04-2008 | 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

thanks James (i am a big fan of you car man) mines almost identical and yes i did port the intake aswell and i did build this motor form the bottom up and i am sure it is stock cubes because it is my original motor and im the original owner? but yes i did get the injectors but have not yet installed them becasue i dont have it tuned but i will be keeping you guys informed on everything i do dyno/track times ect... but yes heads,intake were ported very tediously to comply with my setup. and i have to say it is nice to see some guys who are taking my side, and not bashing me LOL ive been like this the whole time lol
Old 07-04-2008 | 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What gets me is I have seen before where people have said that a cc503 with ported heads can make upwards of 380whp. Now im not trying to get into a pissing contest but like has been said before he has dyno sheets to back up his #s. Also if a car can make 380whp why cant it make around or over 400 pounds of tourqe? I mean he could have one of the exceptions to the rules point blank! Like he said when he gets it to the track let the track numbers back up his dyno numbers. Honestly their are more amazing things out their take Shons car in my opinion cars like his are an exception to the rule. Their are people that have done their best to shoot for his record but gave up long before they got close. Then they did a cam and still couldnt hit the numbers. He has done it so it can be done. Dont bash on someone just because you think it cant be done theirs someone out there that may just prove you WRONG!!!! Sorry for the long post and let the pissin contest continue! lol
Old 07-05-2008 | 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by transam1577
LOL LOL i havent been on here in a while so i havent seen all the bull s--- that you guys are saying now i understand why you guys think what you think but whit till you see my timeslip at the track!!! or better yet anyone nearby is welcome to come!!! but you will see a car that performs way better than way better N/A than your slapped together bulls---... i hate to sound like a dick but im not new to this i do have a two 10 sec big block drag trucks aswell and i know how they perform so i can compare.and i dynoed my car on two diff. dynos and the are consistint, but i dont know maybe when the companys thats bought those 80K dollar dynos got some bad ones (thats ironic as hell) i will get the injectors and tune soon but untill then im done debating with you on what i know!!!!!!!
WOW!!! Look guys he has not one but 2 big block trucks that run 10's. I don't know about you guys but anyone who can accomplish something this difficult must be able to make a stock LT1 put like 8,000 hp to the ground and beat top fuel dragsters. come on man if everything you say is true about your car then its obvious that you won't convince us so why even try. no need to prove something to a bunch of people on the internet.
Old 07-05-2008 | 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kierstyn
What gets me is I have seen before where people have said that a cc503 with ported heads can make upwards of 380whp. Now im not trying to get into a pissing contest but like has been said before he has dyno sheets to back up his #s. Also if a car can make 380whp why cant it make around or over 400 pounds of tourqe? I mean he could have one of the exceptions to the rules point blank! Like he said when he gets it to the track let the track numbers back up his dyno numbers. Honestly their are more amazing things out their take Shons car in my opinion cars like his are an exception to the rule. Their are people that have done their best to shoot for his record but gave up long before they got close. Then they did a cam and still couldnt hit the numbers. He has done it so it can be done. Dont bash on someone just because you think it cant be done theirs someone out there that may just prove you WRONG!!!! Sorry for the long post and let the pissin contest continue! lol
I agree with this post. I can't speak for others but I wasn't disputing his dyno numbers or trying to bash him. He made 36x. I guessed he would make 385 once he fixed whatever issue he had. I think that's within the realm of possibility with the 503 and well ported heads. The only thing I disputed was that he would make 400+. I just don't see that happening. And he said his goal was 450 which is just a pipe dream with that setup.
Old 07-05-2008 | 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

I think everyone is putting way too much emphasis on dyno numbers...Imho dynos are for tuning...tracks are for racing...High numbers on Mustang dynos are very possible if they are not properly maintained/calibrated or the dyno operatpr changes the effective weight of the rollers with a simple keystroke...I picked up 50 rwhp just by adjusting what the computer thinks the rollers weigh...If they appear heavier your hp will skyrocket...I'm not saying that this is the case its just stuff I've seen having access to a properly calibrated Mustang dyno...His being an M6 will help his numbers out and I hope it all works out well...

I laugh at dyno debates because I only make 375 rwhp although my times/mph in my sig would suggest otherwise...Big dyno numbers dont always trip the win light...

--Alan
Old 07-05-2008 | 05:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ABA383
I think everyone is putting way too much emphasis on dyno numbers...Imho dynos are for tuning...tracks are for racing...High numbers on Mustang dynos are very possible if they are not properly maintained/calibrated or the dyno operatpr changes the effective weight of the rollers with a simple keystroke...I picked up 50 rwhp just by adjusting what the computer thinks the rollers weigh...If they appear heavier your hp will skyrocket...I'm not saying that this is the case its just stuff I've seen having access to a properly calibrated Mustang dyno...His being an M6 will help his numbers out and I hope it all works out well...

I laugh at dyno debates because I only make 375 rwhp although my times/mph in my sig would suggest otherwise...Big dyno numbers dont always trip the win light...

--Alan
+1

My combo ran consistant 11.7s from barely 350 to the wheels through a stock cubed stalled auto. Trapped 115-116. Pretty typical and repeatable results from a well put together stock cube N/A combo. Many have gone way faster with way less. Soon as the bank account agrees with me it will be rebuilt and stroked, and I will be keeping the same cam that many already consider too small for a 350 in the a 383 as well.

If I just made a new account and said I put 353hp to the wheels with ported heads and a custom cam and all supporting mods everyone here would say my car is a turd and I should easily be at 385rwhp .

Its not just about making big power, it is about putting down what you do make effectively.

To the OP the numbers do seem considerably inflated, but we will see the true story when timeslips are posted. Until then it is too quick to judge.

Back to lurking
Old 07-05-2008 | 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder if his car runnig lean has to do with his tourqe numbers being so high and the hp numbers being where they are with ported heads? I mean havnt there been some m6 cars dynoed close to 350whp cam only before?
Old 07-05-2008 | 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ABA383

--Alan
I agree My car made 368 RWHP and my car also runs low 11's NA.

I think it is funny that people get so bent out of shape when someone makes a claim about the power their car is making, if it is not right on par with what theirs does. The OP will prove himself and if he doesn't he will not be the first person on here to have high dyno #'s and slow track times. So give the guy a break if he is making that kind of power he might have somthing to offer the rest of us, which is what this sight is supposed to be about.
Old 07-06-2008 | 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

I am quite happy to see it as I am going for the same thing only I have the LT4 cam currently. I have been looking for a cc503.

Personally you backed it up with a Dynojet after doing the Mustang Dyno. Some of those who are unsure seem to have a level head, they are not being rude really, but then there are others who want to talk about convincing... your not going to convince them but they are also not going to stop arguing with you.... My God the Irony!

Frankly I will not argue with two Dyno's, what ever you did its looking good and frankly I like your Tq numbers so far. HP is fun but were not Honda's guys... Tq wins races. If going to the cc503 can get me over 400rwtq (And some injectors it seems might be needed depending on porting differences) then I am going to be more then happy with my Daily driver.

*Thumbs Up* Look forward to the update! (In other words... Come on hurry up I want to see it lol)
Old 07-06-2008 | 12:48 PM

Good numbers! I have to say that 450 is a pipe dream though.

Quick Reply: awsome cc503 dyno today