LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally got a Cardomain page made for my LT1!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally got a Cardomain page made for my LT1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3113336
Finally made a CARDOMAIN page for my LT1 Formula... if you guys want to check it out and let me know what you think, and if you have a car domain feel free to add me to your friends! I have a lot of pics up and I am working on the "Progress" section of my page, but it isn't completed Thanks -Matt
Old 07-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Gotta love LT1 formulas

Engine bay looks great, been wanting to clean mine up for quite sometime. How hard was it to relocate the fuel lines?
Old 07-12-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96blkform
Looks great! Gotta love LT1 formulas

Engine bay looks great, been wanting to clean mine up for quite sometime. How hard was it to relocate the fuel lines?
Relocating the Fuel Lines was a rather big job in regaurds to cleaning up the engine bay. At first we tried to utilize the existing lines and fit the fuel line connectors back onto the lines after we cut them off... pretty much impossible, so I had to purchase new high pressure line at autozone along with new fittings. After I had the new stuff It wasn't much of a problem. Then the only other thing is filling the hole left where the lines came out. And that can be how nice of a job you want to spend on it. We welded a plate over it, smoothed it out, preppeed, primed, and painted the area.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by onefastbird95
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3113336
Finally made a CARDOMAIN page for my LT1 Formula... if you guys want to check it out and let me know what you think, and if you have a car domain feel free to add me to your friends! I have a lot of pics up and I am working on the "Progress" section of my page, but it isn't completed Thanks -Matt
Sweet Gauges Were you get the Firebird Birdgraphic on Gauge Cluster.
Wish they made a Silver Face Gauges for lt1.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like how you cut the trunk out for the fuel pump
Old 07-12-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1996firebirdformula
Sweet Gauges Were you get the Firebird Birdgraphic on Gauge Cluster.
Wish they made a Silver Face Gauges for lt1.
I bought the guages from WS6STORE, they are Macewen gauges, and if I am not mistaken I do believe they make them in silver. The Graphic was also purchased from the WS6STORE along with the gauges and I applied it when installing the gauges. They sell different graphics as well and of high quality!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ROUDA
I like how you cut the trunk out for the fuel pump
THanks, I actually learned that little trick off the forumn... they had exact measurements of where to cut. Saved me a ton of time, because dropping the gas tank would have been a very time consuming job.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

I bought the guages from WS6STORE, they are Macewen gauges, and if I am not mistaken I do believe they make them in silver. The Graphic was also purchased from the WS6STORE along with the gauges and I applied it when installing the gauges. They sell different graphics as well and of high quality!
Couldn't find gauges at ws6store.com only seen z28 and ls1 ones. I went to Macewen Website they got the silver ones. Ebay has some for $38 Shipped but dunno if any good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29
Old 07-12-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1996firebirdformula
Couldn't find gauges at ws6store.com only seen z28 and ls1 ones. I went to Macewen Website they got the silver ones. Ebay has some for $38 Shipped but dunno if any good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29
I would avoid ebay gauge overlays at all costs... you get what you pay for. I have heard they are of low quality. Also If you notice, the gauges I purchased are applied and then you replace the bezel with an LS1 bezel that has the back trim piece attached to it... giving a much cleaner look. I purchased the gauges w/bezel and bird decal all from ws6 store. Not sure if they still carry them, might be worth emailing them if you are interested.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice cardomain

Now you just need an FQuick. 1000000000x's better.

I would avoid ebay gauge overlays at all costs... you get what you pay for. I have heard they are of low quality. Also If you notice, the gauges I purchased are applied and then you replace the bezel with an LS1 bezel that has the back trim piece attached to it... giving a much cleaner look. I purchased the gauges w/bezel and bird decal all from ws6 store. Not sure if they still carry them, might be worth emailing them if you are interested.
No need to waste your money there IMO. I bought some ebay overlays for $15 shipped (great quality, have been working just fine for a few years now), and another $15 on the gauge trim bezel:

Old 07-13-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blindxeyed
Nice cardomain

Now you just need an FQuick. 1000000000x's better.

No need to waste your money there IMO. I bought some ebay overlays for $15 shipped (great quality, have been working just fine for a few years now), and another $15 on the gauge trim bezel:

I will have to look into the fquick! And if you can get a decent gauge overlay off ebay now for a good price then more power to ya, I wouldn't do it unless I got the bezel with the trim piece in it though... just makes it look a thousand times better!
Old 07-13-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't do it unless I got the bezel with the trim piece in it though... just makes it look a thousand times better!
Ditto. I waited to put mine on until I found that trim piece. Just doesn't look right without it.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes fquick is much better i hate car domain...
Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lt1noob
yes fquick is much better i hate car domain...
Yes it seems like You are almost limited with what you can do on cardomain.. I like how you can upload video and soundclips on Fquick. I am going to work on putting together a page during my next couple free days.