LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Found my missing power!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found my missing power!!!

Ever since I bought my car back in January it has always felt like it was holding back and missing power. I had done everything from replacing the opti, new plugs and wires, fuel filter, tracking down vacuum leaks, etc......Well today I decided to take the leap and replace the coils on my Delteq setup. Well dum dum dum.....the car starts easier, idles ALOT better, and runs like a 383 should run.....this thing just plain halls *** now! It is a completely different car now, should have done this a long time ago, might have saved me some money and time.....But the bad news, I noticed that my electric water pump is leaking water from where the wiring harness comes out of it. So here in a little while Im ordering a CSR pump to replace the Mezeire I have now since it seems most people prefer the CSR anyways, plus its cheaper.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

grats!
Old 07-20-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

idk man i'd buy another meziere..they seem to be better units and they aren't that much more expensive maybe another 30 bucks or so...you get what you pay for
Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

The Mezeire that is on my car now is the HD unit that runs about $270. The CSR is only $186. I dont have $300 bucks to drop right now, which is when I need to replace it, now. I can manage $200 for the CSR. This is my daily driver so I have to get what I can afford and get it back on the road. Plus like I said, I always read about everyone having better luck with the CSR pumps, so that makes for a big part of my decision also.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

well i'm running the regular meziere and that is only 200 and flows more than the csr pump...if you are that concerned w/ the money and csr i believe the summit electric water pump is csr and its even cheaper
Old 07-20-2008, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice. always good to find the problem and feeeel the power
Old 07-20-2008, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Sweet. I remember my old 97 was running like *** after my cam and header install. When I found the burnt plug wire and got it fixed it was like night and day difference!

Now back to the water pump thing. Im going to do a e pump soon also and wondering wich one and how bad the install is?

Glad you got her running right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

The install is easy, just a pain in the butt like everything else on our cars. Id say go CSR. For one its slightly cheaper, but you can also get a rebuild kit for it for pretty cheap. I had contacted Mezeire about a rebuild kit for the one I have now, but you cant just get a kit, you have to send it to them and let them do it, and it cost nearly as much as just buying the CSR pump, and I dont have the down time. I read nothing but good things about the CSR pumps, so that plus the price is my selling points.

Quick Reply: Found my missing power!!!