Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh cool dr phil just entered the board room. maybe you should read more in depth or as we learned in second grade comprehend what you read NOT ONLY IS EVERYONE OUT THE PARTS THEY ORDERED BUT THEIR MONEY ALSO. if i were financially troubled i know it would not make sense to be racing a 100,000 dollar 8 sec race car. i know they deserve a little respect as you stated so scince i already have been waiting six months for my money whats another six months or never. im sure you wouldnt make the same post if you were out 3000 dollars. thanks for standing up for joe and amber who cant stand up for themselves im sure the thieves appreciate it
Old 10-31-2008, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

circa thats funny because i was told they dont have a paypal account anymore
Old 10-31-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Wow. I always thought they were resisting expansion and Amber was always waaay overloaded. 6 months ago it took me over 2 months to get parts to build a friends tranny and another friend's tranny has been torn down in my shop for 2+ months waiting on parts from them. He finally got a refund this week.
I've personally thought about an internet business of my own but feared something like this might happen to myself.
Correction. His refund hasn't gone through. Surprised?
Old 11-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Launching!

Sorry but even as a respected vendor you have to assume they're guilty until proven innocent. I've seen way too many people get scammed online out of thousands of dollars and never recoup the losses. Who knows what's going on but if they don't even show up with an explanation of what's going on, how can you defend them? Their customer service was excellent, quick response time and I was considering getting my tranny rebuilt by them someday, glad I held off. Imagine that, now all of a sudden they disappear and don't answer for days?

A refund is important for all the people that paid money.... but an apology or at least an explanation would be nice too.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

I don't know about anyone else, but I have got a message saying to expect my Refund by the 15th of Nov..

Will that one come through, we'll see..

It pissed me off, I'm out $500, so I can understand you guys that are out even more money and even a Transmisson.

What I'm trying to figure out is if you know ****'s going downhill, why wasn't there some kind of announcement, like something saying "Hey, we plan on closing/stopping business by XX time, so we won't be recieving any more orders, and the ones that are currently in will get finished."

That's what I think.

Hell I think that they were already done before I even sent them my Check on Oct. 1st.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta
circa thats funny because i was told they dont have a paypal account anymore
thats why i did alot of research through texas about amber/ joe t56rebuilds.com and six speeds inc.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

thats good we'll have to talk they sent a check and said dont cash it untill i call you because we dont have the money in the account. so you send me a check knowing that it will bounce-- check fraud ---- federal offence
Old 11-01-2008, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

^^No ****?

I got a message from him sayin to expect a check in the mail by 15 Nov. I'll start the process through my Bank then if we are just going to be getting IOU's..
Old 11-01-2008, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

thats a good one iou's
Old 11-01-2008, 06:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny how I have not a single pm from you, Seems like Nick at Harris Speed was my customer NOT YOU. And for you info the racecar is paid by private sponsers. Not Sixspeeds inc.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

finally a response im still the one that has to pay to have my trans rebuilt at another shop scince you sent us back a damaged trans, so lets not get technical and remember im not the one that created this problem YOU did. you have been given 5 months to return my money untill i posted. im sure if i owed you money 5 months would not be acceptable. please let us know when the iou check we recieved will clear so i can get my car out of their shop that has been there for almost 6 months

amber was offered the chance to deal with me from the getgo and declined so nick has been handling the transaction.

and whats the difference who you owe the money to you have the time to post a bullshit reply like this but cant explain to everyone were our money is at and why you still were taking peoples money knowing your business was going south listen i just want whats fair- my money returned

the race car is still owned by you and im sure when you won the lsx shootout the "sponsers" didnt collect the money joe did
Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 PM
FormerVendor

I am not hiding I am trying to work foward amd deal with these problems, and you guys keep slamming us. I know some people are owed money and I will get this taken care of but money does not grow on trees. sprydncamd ta, my warrenty clearly states that we don't pay for other shops to do the work.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Finally a response??? I have posted contact info in many forums the Merv was able to find them. Where is you money oh I don't know Lights, water Diesel, food, Diapers, I could go on. Nothing in this world is free. Contary to popular belief I don't live in a million dollar mansion, and no one want to buy a N/a racecar or engine, so the best I can do for you guys is get you the money as soon as I can.

I don't yet have my crate engine to sell so I can give you guys your money back, so what do you guys suggest I do???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

I mean what happen in the past is in the past I can not change that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only go foward and try to take care of it.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta
thats good we'll have to talk they sent a check and said dont cash it untill i call you because we dont have the money in the account. so you send me a check knowing that it will bounce-- check fraud ---- federal offence
Are those of us that are expecting refunds going to be recieving something of this nature?

Originally Posted by ls1 joe
I have posted contact info in many forums the Merv was able to find them..
That's cause I don't have nothing else to do at work..

We all got bills to pay man..hence why some of these guys could use that money..

Myself, I'm not indebt to anything, but I like to be accountable for everything I spend on, I like to see a result.

As far as some of these guys..some probably can afford the loss for now, and some are probably college kids that really could use that money at the moment.

And then there is some that probably just want to see a result..like myself.

Last edited by the_merv; 11-01-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:04 PM
FormerVendor

sprydncamd ta, Is this the same tranny that was lost by Fed Ex if so I can post the letter that we sent to Harris speed worksAugust 28, 2008

Harris Speed Works
1520 Campus Dr. Unit D
Warminster, PA 18974

Ref: Damaged T56 Transmission Fedex# 633175160521923

Robert

After being alerted on July 23, 2008 by Nick at Harris Speed works, we were asked to go to the Federal Express location that services our facility and assist with a lost transmission. After driving down there and speaking with the manager of that location, we were allowed to look for the lost transmission. We located the missing transmission on the dock at the Houston, Texas facility. Here is what we found when the transmission was located.

The transmission had been taken and/or removed from the original packaging. The original packaging had been reshipped back to you, which I understand is still in your possession. While at the FedEx facility, we noticed that the front adapter plate was broken. This was due to the transmission being dropped by Federal Express. After FedEx took pictures and we advised them that we did not know if there was any internal damage, we brought the transmission back to our facility. Upon further inspection, our office noticed that the input shaft was bent. This is most likely due to the transmission being dropped which broke the front adapter plate and bent the input shaft at the same time.

As you can see from the photo’s that were taken by FedEx and which should be available for review by the Houston location, this type of damage can only occur with the transmission being dropped. Based on our expert opinion the transmission was properly packaged and the container used was sufficient to carry this transmission. Based on the description on the damage to the container, we suspect they used a fork lift to move the transmission and that the fork lifts damaged the packaging.

Attached I have included the invoice for repairs. As you can see these items can only be purchased new.

Thank You,
Old 11-01-2008, 07:06 PM
FormerVendor

And to the merv I have no problem being accountable I just don't have the resources to accomodate all of these people
Old 11-01-2008, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

You speak of people slamming you..well what do you expect bro? A message sayin "Hey..we're closed now.." pretty much slams all of us.

You are going to have some pissed off people..expecially ones that were talking to you about a month ago and everything was still a green light..

Something tells me that this wasn't a sudden thing..that's why I posted the opinion I did..
Originally Posted by the_merv
What I'm trying to figure out is if you know ****'s going downhill, why wasn't there some kind of announcement, like something saying "Hey, we plan on closing/stopping business by XX time, so we won't be recieving any more orders, and the ones that are currently in will get finished."
That's just my opinion though..I've seen it in numerous places in the automotive world, and many places elsewhere..
Old 11-01-2008, 07:10 PM
FormerVendor

sprydncamd ta, I thought this problem was taken care of with Nick at Harris Speeds works but I guess not. I have only done 1 transmission for Harris speed works. If you feel you need to contact me please feel free call. 832-488-0533
Old 11-01-2008, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

i dont want you to pay for someone elses work you were sent a perfectly good trans that needed to be upgraded. and in return i got a trans that was craked and the internals were not what they were supposed to be. now i have no core and im out the 1600 dollars you recived up front. IM NOT TRYING TO SLAM YOU BUT IT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS AND I DONT HAVE A REFUND. i went to six speed inc because of your rep and never seen this coming. i have bills and a child as well so i hear you on not having to much money in the bank which is why im being so persistent im not made of money neither or id be on the lambo forum.

im glad to see the ball is rolling now, like i said let us know when the check will clear
Old 11-01-2008, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1 joe
And to the merv I have no problem being accountable I just don't have the resources to accomodate all of these people
Well like you said in your message..you definately got alot of fires to put out.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??