Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
I would like you all to know that a few years back i was an employee for The Gear Box Transmissions Inc , in Garden City Michigan. They were a supplier of t56 parts for, at that time t56 rebuilds.com now 6 speeds. Joe and Amber really put it to them. They extended them credit for there parts needs. Things were ok for 5 or 6 months,But then the checks started bouncing, credit cards were no good ,accounts closed, received a couple of partial payments . Then they stopped paying all together. The Gear Box was out thousands of dollars for parts that 6 speeds purchased and never paid for, BUT sold to there customers Never paid the Gear Box for them but charged you for them . They tried many different ways to collect but to no avail. This is the way they do business, they get parts suppliers to sell to them and get into them for alot of money and then dont pay ther bills and basically try to dissapear, Then they go on to the next supplier and then the next. So beware of these people and there practices..
Jonhg
Old 11-02-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by thesource
A good builder with the proper tools , parts washer and parts in stock should be able to turn at least one unit a day . Personally I've done as many as three in a day when I have had to in the past .
Scott did 3 a day numerous times.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

For those of you that are out any money....even though they are incorporated you should still sue because its a known fact that many people pierce the corporate veil by doing silly little things like using money for themselves without going through the proper process....using a corporate car for personal use....and many other things. A lawyer will be able to find just 1 thing on them and then the corporation is no longer considered valid and you can go forward with the personal attacks and put leins and judgements against them....just takes a little work.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:25 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by johng
Hello
I would like you all to know that a few years back i was an employee for The Gear Box Transmissions Inc , in Garden City Michigan. They were a supplier of t56 parts for, at that time t56 rebuilds.com now 6 speeds. Joe and Amber really put it to them. They extended them credit for there parts needs. Things were ok for 5 or 6 months,But then the checks started bouncing, credit cards were no good ,accounts closed, received a couple of partial payments . Then they stopped paying all together. The Gear Box was out thousands of dollars for parts that 6 speeds purchased and never paid for, BUT sold to there customers Never paid the Gear Box for them but charged you for them . They tried many different ways to collect but to no avail. This is the way they do business, they get parts suppliers to sell to them and get into them for alot of money and then dont pay ther bills and basically try to dissapear, Then they go on to the next supplier and then the next. So beware of these people and there practices..
Jonhg
Interesting. On the last box I did for someone, I checked pricing with Amber and pricing with Judy (Gear Box.) Judy was about $85 cheaper on a ~1k order. I ended up with billet 1-2 keys that need modification for use in an F-body trans, but other than that, I've always had great service from The Gear Box.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

man i havnt been on here in a while i cant believe this, this sucks for anyone who has lost money. i had a great experience with them last sept when they built mine got free shipping and had my trans back in a week, couldnt have been happier. guess i got in just in time.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by johng
Hello
Jonhg
This happens far too many times not only with transmission parts but all kinds of parts . I will not mention any names but a very well known Mustang racer here in south Texas did the exact same thing with numerous suppliers . I've been in the high performance end of automotive repair for about 10 years now and seen a lot of shady stuff in that time period .
Old 11-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wickedrx7
Scott did 3 a day numerous times.
Thats good . A good builder should be able to perform that pretty regularly if the work and parts are there and they do not have to deal with customers on top of building units . Unfortunately , I do not see those types of demand when you only building T56 units .
Old 11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Currently waiting for my refund as well....Im out 4K right now...which was payed this past May....by M/O

Amber has been working with me on this, i was supposed to have 1K this past Friday wire transferred to my account. I have not contacted the local authorities yet but I have to say if i dont see some $ soon I may have to, at least to cover my own @$$

I will know if the $$$ that she promised me for Friday is there tomorrow morning. Amber did call me back with a reference number.

I as well am trying to be patient. $hit happens & sometimes people get in a jam. Im self employed as well & what i've found is, "when it rains, it pours" most of the time without warning.

I'll report back tomorrow

-Carm
Old 11-02-2008, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

^^Ouch..hope you get that straightened out.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Guys, I feel for each and every one of you....I have been out $600.00 from a former member on this board.....

To make a long story short, I am also owed a refund for my viper yoke from 18 months ago....I am probably the longest on the list with the least amount of money being owed...I have not posted this because of the little amount and Amber and Joe were great to me when I went to se them last year..

I have a six speed tranny, that I have had for over a yr with no issues...I met Amber and Joe last year when I drove to Houston and have them (Scott) build my tranny. Great people and a great shop....I have the adj mc out of Joes car that Amber installed herself in my car....

I really hope they make good on this for everyone here (me included) I have a check that I am holding from them as well.....

I guess we'll all just be stuck for awhile on the waiting game.

Todd
Old 11-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stroked-Z
Currently waiting for my refund as well....Im out 4K right now...which was payed this past May....by M/O
Damn what did you order that cost $4K ???
Old 11-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Complete T-56 w/ Viper output shaft & Stage 1a conversion, no core, Modular bellhousing, McCloed RXT twin disc clutch, McCloed Flywheel, master cyl, slave cyl.....i think thats it

-Carm
Old 11-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Banned

Good luck on the refund . If they owe you $4k alone plus all these other guys , wow ......
Old 11-02-2008, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went with Tick Performance ...they were a lot more local to me and i had a very short turnaround and good people pricing shipping etc..and the only other people i would have sent my tranny to would be Six Speeds Inc....they are great people too and given time i have complete faith that they will remedy any situation that arrises..
Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Who would have thought. Seems people do not change. Goodluck to the people trying to get their money back.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Teching In

I havent read every post on this thread, but 6 speed inc. has **** me outta $90. I know that isint no where near as bad as most people, but i still think that it is wrong. I orderd a set of billet keys, 5th-6th gear, steal shift forks, and a few other parts from them. I had the parts overnighted and got them the next day, i open the box and no 5th gear. I call the next day and speak with amber and she tells me that they were out of the 5th gear, and wouldnt get any in for at least a month.i asked what was the purpose of getting it overnighted if she didnt have the 5th gearin stock, and i asked if i could get a refund for the gear and the overnight costs. She said that she could refund the 5th gear money but not the over night costs. To make a long story short its been 2 months and no refund of the 90bucks. Even though she has told me 50 times that they have sent me the money. I just told my self the 90 dollars wasnt worth the hassel.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Hey Joe sent you a PM. Let me know something ASAP.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe you can tell me what Im out.
Ordered;
1/2 Slider
3/4 Slider
5/6 Slider
1-6 Blocker rings/Synchros
Billet 3/4 Keys
Steel 3-4 Fork
Bronze 1-4 Fork Pads
Output Shaft Seal
Input Shaft Seal
Snap Ring Kit

I have;
1-6 synchros Which it only appears I have the full synchro set for 1-2 I believe
4 bronze fork pads Which I think are all 1-2 pads
Billet 3-4 keys Which Im uncertain if they are billet or stock
1 seal
And they did send me a free gear puller since there was probs
But the rest will prob be a lost cause.

All in all I actually have no idea what I actually received for $700+ dollars

Last edited by ErikElvis; 11-02-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Update:

Got my $1000 on Friday (wire transfer) from Amber as promised and am promised to have the balance on Wednesday.

They are definetly making the effort on this one by the looks of it. Amber has promised me that everyone will be paid.

Just giving you guys the update

-Carm
Old 11-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Same with me, mines through paypal and come the 8th which is a saturday so most likely monday i will be getting mine. I hope

but seeing as you got some money back makes me feel alot better.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??