Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Yea, looks like things are looking up. I'm expecting mine in the form of a Money Order here a little after the 15th of Nov, so I'll post it up along with the rest that have recieved money.

If they are payin out, then it'll ease alot of the opinions that are floating around.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paying back all that are owed????

If they want to make things right ,and right there wrongs ,then hopefully they will pay back my friends at The Gear Box Transmissions the thousands of dollars they still owe them. I can only hope and pray for them.
johng
Old 11-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johng
If they want to make things right ,and right there wrongs ,then hopefully they will pay back my friends at The Gear Box Transmissions the thousands of dollars they still owe them. I can only hope and pray for them.
johng
No offense, but it should be "your friend" talking and not you. This didnt happen to you directly, so as far as i see it you're just someone who made an account to start bashing on someone elses issues.

-Carm
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
man i havnt been on here in a while i cant believe this, this sucks for anyone who has lost money. i had a great experience with them last sept when they built mine got free shipping and had my trans back in a week, couldnt have been happier. guess i got in just in time.
You're right about being lucky or just in time. My experience occured at the first of the year.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...speeds+inc+six

That experience cost me a good chunk of time and $. And the mod tried to make the victim (me) feel guilty about it.

So now I guess I have to worry about the guarantee/warranty.

Other things that cropped up (and may already be common knowledge, I don't know...):

Gonna run a dual disc? Get the McLeod bellhousing so that your clutch will fully disengage. The input shaft on my Six Speeds Inc. tranny was not machined back far enough. (Not even as far as a stocker) The bellhousing moves your tranny back just far enough to work but not so far that you need to shorten the driveshaft.

To make things alot easier put a remote bleeder on while you're at it. You'll see why when you inspect the bellhousing.

Good luck to anyone currently dealing with them.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thegearbox
Hello
I am the president of The Gear Box Transmissions and what has been said about t56 rebuilds/ 6speeds is true. We were there parts supplier for there t56 parts for aprox 6-8 months. We shipped them alot of parts towards the end of all this and they did not pay for them. Amber gave us every excuse and runaround about paying and then just quit returning any calls and severed all contact with us. That has been a couple of years now. We have tried many things to get them to pay for them but we have not seen anything, and have not been able to make anything happen. So any one dealing with them PLEASE BEWARE.
Kevin Langston
Amazing...

Hey Kevin, consider sponsoring our site so we can "legally" talk about your great service...
Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stroked-Z
No offense, but it should be "your friend" talking and not you. This didnt happen to you directly, so as far as i see it you're just someone who made an account to start bashing on someone elses issues.

-Carm
No offense, but shouldn't it be Six Speeds talking and not you. This specific situation w/Gear Box doesn't involve you directly, so as far as i see it you're just someone who made an account to start defending on someone elses issues.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Teching In

Hey idiot, im not someone who made an account.....im someone who has had as problem with sixspeedsinc. Get your head out of your @$$ & read the whole thread. Im out 3K right now from SixspeedsInc, im not defending them or anyone else.

My opinion isnt biased like yours, because if it was I'd be agreeing with thegearbox.

Now 20min after my post, thegearbox makes an account....seems a little fishy to me dont you think?

Whatever the issue may be with sixspeedsinc & thegearbox, its for them to take it up not their "friends"

-Carm
Old 11-04-2008, 07:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow....and I was about to send them my tranny for a lite rebuild. Not anymore....
Old 11-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=thegearbox;10416217]Hello
I am the president of The Gear Box Transmissions and what has been said about t56 rebuilds/ 6speeds is true. We were there parts supplier for there t56 parts for aprox 6-8 months. We shipped them alot of parts towards the end of all this and they did not pay for them. Amber gave us every excuse and runaround about paying and then just quit returning any calls and severed all contact with us. That has been a couple of years now. We have tried many things to get them to pay for them but we have not seen anything, and have not been able to make anything happen. So any one dealing with them PLEASE BEWARE.
Kevin Langston[/QUOTE

I BOUGHT A STAGE 3 TRANNY OFF THEM AND IT BROKE WITHIN A MONTH OF DRIVING AND AMBER FROM SSI TOLD ME TO REMOVE IT FROM THE CAR AND SHIP IT BACK FOR INSPECTION SINCE IT HAS WARRANTY AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT SSI FOR MONTHS NOW. THEIR WEBSITE AND PHONE ARE DOWN AND I THINK ITS BULLSHIT.

ANYONE ELSE KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THEM OR KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO. CUZ APPARENTLY IM NOT THE ONLY PERSON BEING SCREWED HERE.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stroked-Z
Hey idiot, im not someone who made an account.....im someone who has had as problem with sixspeedsinc. Get your head out of your @$$ & read the whole thread. Im out 3K right now from SixspeedsInc, im not defending them or anyone else.

My opinion isnt biased like yours, because if it was I'd be agreeing with thegearbox.

Now 20min after my post, thegearbox makes an account....seems a little fishy to me dont you think?

Whatever the issue may be with sixspeedsinc & thegearbox, its for them to take it up not their "friends"

-Carm
Hey moron why don't you pull your small @$$& out of your @$$& so that you can use it to think with and re-read what you wrote in response to johng's post and then read my response to that. If you have any brain cells whatsoever then you should easily be able to understand how you seem hypocritical.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Damn..all kinds of **** everywhere..
Old 11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like im lucky I got my trans back. My invoice was from 30May08 and I recived it back the end of Sept. So far the trans works good. Makes one hell of a whine in 1st gear but as long as it works good im happy. Sorry to hear about there business habits. I hope everyone gets there money back, but unfortunatly that may be hard
Old 11-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by muscle96ss
Hey moron why don't you pull your small @$$& out of your @$$& so that you can use it to think with and re-read what you wrote in response to johng's post and then read my response to that. If you have any brain cells whatsoever then you should easily be able to understand how you seem hypocritical.
Hypocritical? Hardly. You accused me of making an account to defend 6SPEEDSINC, that is definetly NOT the case as they owed me 4K and now we're down to 3K.

Research someone properly if you plan on accusing them of sticking up for the people THAT OWE THEM MONEY AS WELL, needledick.

-Carm
Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im gonna see how some of you guys pan out. Ill see what I can get out of them (if anything) when the time comes.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Regular

Wow,and to think just last week I responded to a post on corvette forum about Sixspeeds Inc at which time I prasied their product and customer service.

I must be a lucky dog because now W2W and Sixspeeds Inc are both out of business.My motor and tranny were both installed in the spring of 07 and are performing great.If it would have just one year later I could have been out some serious cash.

I sure hope that Amber and Joe comes through for you guys...you never know...I thought that Sixspeeds Inc was solid as a rock...guess we were all fooled by that one.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

wow glad to know i was gonna send my tranny to them to build, definitely makes you think about people .
Old 11-10-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

hope to see my 500 from the former SSi
Old 11-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Well

paypal claim ended in my favor.

I'm still out 2,250$ amber will be getting call in the morning -_-
Old 11-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Teching In

if your out money and going through paypal, its a huge waste of time.

go through your bank or wherever your money came from to pay.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned

Filing a claim with pay pal only works if the other person actually has any money in it .

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??