Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
No, sounds like a small company that got into financial troubles and is now trying to recover and make the best of a bad situation. Will some people get hurt, yes, but you didn't see them disappear and vanish.

In this economy, it's real easy for a small business with tight margins to go under. I'm sure if they were a 'bunch of F'K'n crooks' we wouldn't be able to get ahold of them.
X2 I agree with you on that.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Update..

According to Joe he sent me a Money Order on the 15th, and it was returned to him "Undeliverable", so he got it back.
He gave me a Tracking Number with it too, and that number has no record in the USPS Tracking System.

Now for as many years that I have lived at the place where I gave him to send it to, I have received every bit of mail that was sent there, key word in that statement is "sent"

Now for the second attempt, he asked me for a good name of a person there so he could sent it Certified Mail, arriving on Saturday, the 29th, and nothing showed up. I gave him all information, and he has yet to be online to get it, so the way I look at it is if you want to say that you will deliver something, atleast be there to get the information that is sent as quick as possible back.

I sent him a message back requesting pictures of said "Undeliverable" Mail that he recieved back, or I call pretty much.

Me personally I want to know why the **** this is all so difficult..
I'm sitting here giving him every bit of info that he asks, I busted my *** to make sure they got the original Check for the $500 back before I left to go over here so I could get that order in, and personally I think I'm getting a **** story back.

Expecially when I'm over seas right now too, not being able to make easy contact with some things, this is a kick in the face..
Old 11-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its called bull $hit .......
Old 11-29-2008, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

I'm going to have to see what happens..kinda disappointing..

Last edited by the_merv; 11-29-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned

Good f'n luck to you and everyone else standing in line . Giving refunds to everyone in a good economy would be hard enough . In this economy ....... well you get the picture .
Old 11-29-2008, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Like I said before..if **** was going down hill, then why the hell wasnt there any kind of message saying that they will be not taking in any more business..

That would have been the more honest and respectful thing, instead of **** hitting hard, and leaving alot of people hanging..

Last edited by the_merv; 11-29-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:20 PM
9 Second Club

Holy crap , I just came across this thread and it doesnt look good for me either .
I bought and paid for a complete trans 1 year ago ($2000) . I still do not have a trans or my money back .
Amber assured me the other day through texting that she sent me a money order. Wells its been plenty of time to show up and still no check .
I have her cell number , maybe I should post it and we should all send text messages? That is the only way I have been able to comunicate with her.
Post if you guys want her number?
Old 11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by datsbad
Holy crap , I just came across this thread and it doesnt look good for me either .
I bought and paid for a complete trans 1 year ago ($2000) . I still do not have a trans or my money back .
Amber assured me the other day through texting that she sent me a money order. Wells its been plenty of time to show up and still no check .
I have her cell number , maybe I should post it and we should all send text messages? That is the only way I have been able to comunicate with her.
Post if you guys want her number?
Her cell number is no secret...she has posted it for people to contact her.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Just saw this post; I realize this has been going on for a couple months. I bought a transmission from these guys in mid summer; it seems to work fine. However I sent my core back in early Sep and have had no credit back to my credit card. I just figured it would take a bit but it is now almost Dec. and no core recredit. This will be a problem. Someone mentioned they had Amber's cell number. Could you please post it. I PMd Joe today, but from this thread, things aren't looking good.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:08 AM
11 Second Club

Well I'm just waiting to see if the guy can take of a pic of the piece of Mail that he said was returned to him..I wonder if the Camera broke as well..
Old 11-30-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...peeds-inc.html
Old 11-30-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default re

Merv when I was deployed I would call the local JAG and have them inquire. I believe there are some extra laws while you are deployed.
On a side note have you ever met any of the Air Guard guys from Nashville's fire dept. I work at Fort Campbell FD with about half the unit.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

No one from Nashville is here bro..well where I'm at anyways..

I'll have to get with Military Legal, cause they altered my Check, and that is definately something solid.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

I'd hammer their azz on it ...... you've been patient enough .
Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Teching In

I shipped them my T-56 back in September. They cashed my check about two weeks ago(about $1200) and they stopped answering the phone. They have my transmission and my money.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm sure if they were a 'bunch of F'K'n crooks' we wouldn't be able to get ahold of them.
What's better.. No hope or false hope?

Being told nothing, or being told "Hey, expect this to show up at this time.." and only to find an empty Mail Box, and a message saying "Here's the Tracking Number to the piece of Mail, it was returned to me..", and then to check the Tracking Number and it to be returned as bogus..

So tell me, which is better?

Personally I would rather have the crook cause they wouldn't insult you by trying to save face with everyone else by giving false hopes of returning the money.

I'll wait and see what Joe says back to me, but if nothing is resolved in 2 weeks, then time to take it to legal.

Nice thing about the Gov. Legal unlike the local PD is if they file Taxes, they can be found..

Last edited by the_merv; 12-01-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by noibur
I shipped them my T-56 back in September. They cashed my check about two weeks ago(about $1200) and they stopped answering the phone. They have my transmission and my money.
Houston isn't that far away from Austin . Time for a damn road trip .......
Old 12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I hear what your saying, and I feel for you guys, but it sounds like they fell to hard times, and unfortunately, people are going to get hurt.

I just don't like hearing people threatening violence when it's over money.

Good luck to everyone involved.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by noibur
You know they have been in this situation longer than two weeks . They should have refused the payment and shipped back the unit . They used your $$$ to pay off someone else they burned . This is probably going to get a lot uglier before it gets better .
Old 12-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to Amber last week, and it is a bunch of bull..She stated that she told my husband that he needed to get a charge back on his card by going through the bank, but she DID NOT state anything like that....I am going through my bank, but if that does not work...does anyone have any ideas? Legally?

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??