Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason they want you guys to do a charge back is because they do not have the funds to refund your money . If your credit card company or bank gives you a credit back , they will either go after them or simply write it off and file it against their credit . The right thing to do would be to sell their race car or part it out and at least make an attempt to refund customer's deposits and payments . As for getting your cores back , I have a feeling those will be sold off as well . You might want to keep an eye on Ebay .
Old 12-01-2008, 08:52 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, if they are telling people to do a charge back, then maybe as a corporation they've worked out something with filing bankruptcy.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

they sent me a check that bounced a week or two after katrina .. waiting on my " letter" so i can file a charge back
Old 12-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Well, if they are telling people to do a charge back, then maybe as a corporation they've worked out something with filing bankruptcy.
Hey what ever blows your skirt up I guess .

Originally Posted by TurboZ28408
they sent me a check that bounced a week or two after katrina .. waiting on my " letter" so i can file a charge back
It makes you wonder why they even pull such a stunt to begin with . Writing hot checks can be a felony in the state of Texas depending on the amount .
Old 12-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

Yup, got my chargeback. credit card company is gonna eat that one. I called them after hurricane Ike, Amber told me they were under water and my trans would be delayed. couple months later, see these posts....pisses me off that I've been sitting here with my finger in me bum waiting for a trans that was never going to arrive. I'll tell you what's shady.....any transaction done after Ike. looks like they were collecting money with no intention of building anymore transmissions. Feel bad for anyone who paid cash / check, looks like you're SOL
Old 12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Update:

Today I recieved a Western Union Money Order for $500.

Hope the rest of you guys see something as well.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

Good for you ..... hopefully others will get theirs as well .
Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Teching In

I have been trying hard to get my bank to do a claim but its been a long LONG time since the transaction date. dfahjkdjahad shouldnt of paid cash

I will give amber a call tomorrow if I get denied from the bank, asking for a money order for $2,250.00
Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 PM

Hey guys i'm right there with ya. I'm having my T-56 worked on as well. I sent Joe a PM, has anybody heard anything from him recently as to what is goin on, and how people are going to get refunded?
Old 12-05-2008, 12:00 AM
9 Second Club

I talked to Amber today also. I am waiting on a $2,000 check to come back . She 1st told me that she sent out a money order.
Now it was sent the 22nd of November, still not here. Today she said she would check and see where its at . Then said if it wanst there by monday she would issue another check . Now she says she sent a cashiers check. She still claims I should have it.

They better not screw me.....She had plenty of time to pay me back almost 10 months ago. Anyone know where the race car is?
I do have a question though. I paid with my bank credit card, its a debit card. Can that be charged back? Another problem is it was to a now old bank account.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 AM
11 Second Club

My Bank had a Policy of if it was more than 60 days old, then pretty much the chances were slim that something would happen.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have some news for people. I spoke with Amber on Wenesday night, and I have to say that the conversation was not a good one. It looks like they files bankruptcy, and by law when a company files for bankruptcy they put down everyone that they owe as a debt, meaning they do not have to pay that debt back. She then stated that she and her husband are paying people back who paid with a cashiers check, cash, or a money order, and they are going on a waiting list. She said that they are still paying back people from May of 2008. She did say that they are doing this to be nice, but that they did not have too. In my case basically she said for us to get out $500.00 back it would take up to at least 7 months, and that is the story that she told that day. I have a hard time believing her stories becuase it is never consistent.
That night I was so mad that I called Paypal and fought them n there 45 day policy...and they refunded my money!!! Thanks God!! Paypal is going to take the loss, and fight them for the money. I would suggest that if anyone used pay pal for a payment...to fight them because they should give you your money back. For those who are waiting for large sums of money, good luck, becuase I doubt you will see it.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

That night I was so mad that I called Paypal and fought them n there 45 day policy...and they refunded my money!!! Thanks God!! Paypal is going to take the loss, and fight them for the money. I would suggest that if anyone used pay pal for a payment...to fight them because they should give you your money back. For those who are waiting for large sums of money, good luck, becuase I doubt you will see it.
[/QUOTE]

good call on the pay pal ! i definitely say the same to all who paid by paypal GET ON IT... file a claim ASAP
Old 12-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Banned

Pretty crappy deal but hopefully a few get something out of the deal . I know if I owed that kind of money to people , I would steer clear of racing my car at tracks around Texas and other states .
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Wow..that's shitty..it must be nice to have it that simple to bail out on problems..
Old 12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Well I'm glad some people are getting their money back. I'm starting the process with Paypal so we'll see what happens.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Teching In

paypal most definitely will not help
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by circa
paypal most definitely will not help
i disagree i deal with paypal daily for work and if you have a case thats recent they will help you
Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

Pay pal will help some of the times but most people have better luck with their credit cards companies . If it was paid for with a debit card or through Pay Pal alone , good luck .

If the payment was paid for by United States Postal money orders , they could be convicted of mail fraud for not giving a refund . The same is probably true about any form of payment made through the mail .
Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 PM
9 Second Club

Talked to Amber AGAIN today . Still no check . I tried to get here to say that she really didnt send me the check she said she sent on the 22nd of november.
I asked her if she thought I should just call my cc company . She says do what you need to do.
I ask why would you tell me that if you actually sent the check, which she still says she did.
Then she says maybe you should speak to my lawyer on Monday .
I say we all find the race car.
Pisses me off so bad , All our money went into there race car it seems.

Then while all this is going on (before i knew of this thread) I have a guy I am workig with that she is working on his trans. All along they keep taking his money . Damn WTF is up with these people ?

LS1 TECH , WHY IS THERE ADD STILL UP FOR A SPONSOR?????

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??