Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"Something tells me that this wasn't a sudden thing". How do you know what went on day to day at my former business? Transmissions getting lost by numerous freight carriers, customers that send you a transmission and can't afford to fix them, transmissions that get damaged by the customers improperly packaging them, and then oh wait it gets better lets have a fing hurricane in the middle of all of this. Phones and power out. All this adds up to very little profit at the end of the day Ups stil has problems delivering product in certain areas down here.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

I don't understand how you have Customers not paying when you require the $500 Deposit up front, and the total paid before you ship. And in refrence to the sudden thing part..if that was going on, then it was something that went on for a little bit..

I can understand the Hurricane situation, if **** was bad then, then I guess that would have been the best time to call it..I see that as being more understood by some people in a way.

What's done is done, that is correct. I guess it's just a waiting game now.

Last edited by the_merv; 11-01-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i understand what happened with the trans but the one that was sent to you marked by hsw is not the one that was recieved back and in any case why would i get a cracked case back if you are an expert builder their is a chunk missing internal damges
Old 11-01-2008, 07:30 PM
FormerVendor

Do you know that the front plate on the trans was broken???, because of being dropped and improperly packaged???, as for the center section that one is beyond me, I did not personally build it, and can't speak for who did.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

thats a poor answer your the owner and supervision. the trans was packaged properly its not the first trans that was sent out of their shop like i said i did not receive back the trans i sent and that was the whole deal i would have it back in a week if i sent you my trans. we can play games back and forth forever all im concerned about is makin the situation right i even offered to pay the paypal fees if you would paypal me the refund and was told no i have been more than fair and patient
Old 11-01-2008, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Hey that is fine and good, but who evers packing and Fed Ex packing are two different things. I also know that you transmission sat a FED EX for more than a week because the transmission came out of the package it was shipped in and I had to send some to go and search the Fed Ex facility and find it. You will get you refund along with everyone else
Old 11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you paid by credit card, and two billing cycles have not passed, you can dispute the charge since services were not rendered. Call your credit card company and advise of the situation. You are protected under regulation Z of the fair credit billing act. Good luck.

http://books.google.com/books?id=WrQ...sult#PPT461,M1
Old 11-01-2008, 07:44 PM
FormerVendor

I know at this point anything I do is not going to make you happy.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:46 PM
FormerVendor

I have been telling those that have had problems to do charge backs.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

thanks and like i said i went with six speed inc because of your rep hopefully you can make everything good and rebuild.. its been to long for charge back... im going to watch a movie with my daughter ....goodnight
Old 11-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1 joe
I have been telling those that have had problems to do charge backs.
and for those who went through paypal?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ls1 joe
"Something tells me that this wasn't a sudden thing". How do you know what went on day to day at my former business? Transmissions getting lost by numerous freight carriers, customers that send you a transmission and can't afford to fix them, transmissions that get damaged by the customers improperly packaging them, and then oh wait it gets better lets have a fing hurricane in the middle of all of this. Phones and power out. All this adds up to very little profit at the end of the day Ups stil has problems delivering product in certain areas down here.
I don't know you and I do not know how you run your business but ........ I have been doing this a lot longer than you have and the buck stops with you for the most part .

If a unit gets damaged on the way to you , its the customers responsibility if they set up the shipping . If you set it up , its your responsibility to have it insured and to file the claim .

If the unit is damaged on its way back to the customer , its your responsibility to file the claim and make good on the unit . The way you ship them is terrible and I have mentioned this to Amber before in previous post .

If a customer sends you their unit and cannot afford to have it fixed , after 30 days they lose it unless they pay to have it shipped back . Its that simple . Now if you are misleading them into thinking its one price to get their business and then try to jack up the prices and up sell them on things , thats a different story .

Hurricanes happen as well as other issues out of your hands but some of these people have been months without units or refunds . I've seen several people complaining about the shipping companies charging them for freight . I've also seen several people complain about checks bouncing as well . Unless you have a steady flow of cash coming in from building units , how on earth are you going to refund thousands of dollars when you cannot afford to keep the doors open at your shop as it is ?? What looks even worse is when you are taking your car to the LSX shoot out while people are waiting for refunds and you tell them to wait in line .
Old 11-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by circa
You can try to file a claim but if there is no money in the seller's account , you are stuck . If you paid for it with a credit card through Pay Pal , you might have a leg to stand on .
Old 11-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Teching In

its through my bank and debit card
Old 11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned

Debit cards usually do not offer any type of protection if you authorized the transaction .
Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Banned

Guys, yall need to drop the LSX event. Im their crew guy at the track and we had sponsors help pay for the trip to memphis b/c they wanted the car to run hard and win. And that is exactly what we did, cleaned house! If you think joe and amber as such bad people, think twice! They gave me a place to live for 17days during hurricane Ike's aftermath. They will take care of their customers that are owed anything. If yall wanted to label me as a "bad guy" b/c im good friends with them, go ahead. I have thick skin.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by circa
Paypal is a processing agent, if you did not receive the goods from the merchant within two billing cycles, you dispute the claim with your credit card company - not paypal.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was gonna buy a Stage IV sixspeedsinc trans from another member here.... but the dude sold it out from under me (really shady). But now i'm glad!

I had to deal with losing about $3k when Rock-On Transmissions went under (former praised sponsor), and I don't wanna do it again. I guess I dodged that bullet!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am shocked by all this. I have a trans that needs to be serviced here at home and happened to run into this thread thank god...

Just out of curiousity I think a professional could rebuild a trans in a day or two if they had the parts in hand. And if a business specialized in one type of transmission you would guess they had a pile of new parts on hand? If if a business had 8/10 week turnaround/backlog of work how could business be slow? I am not ripping anyone just curious as to how this all happens.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Banned

A good builder with the proper tools , parts washer and parts in stock should be able to turn at least one unit a day . Personally I've done as many as three in a day when I have had to in the past .

Quick Reply: Anyone else having problems with Six Speed Inc??