Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Options Available at TICKshift.com: REM, Cryo, Faceplating and More!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exclamation New Options Available at TICKshift.com: REM, Cryo, Faceplating and More!

For those of you always looking for stronger, more reliable, tougher and just plain better parts: we've got you covered.

All of us here at Tick Performance and TICKshift.com are always looking for ways to better supply you with the essentials in life: bad *** transmission rebuilds, parts and upgrades at affordable prices that do away with the unnecessary price markups that the performance industry suffers from.

Today, we proudly present you with even more options for your next T56 Rebuild with us:
  • Cryogenic Treatment (for those of you wanting added strength)
  • REM Polishing (for those of you wanting reduced friction & lower temps)
  • Faceplating (for those of you with racecars that NEVER want to miss a shift again)
Some of the other options you'll find at our site have been there since day one, these are just the new additions. Click the pictures below for more information!

Old 10-31-2008, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question on rebuilds, I have an annoying (scratch that, REALLY F*CKING ANNOYING) knock that comes from my transmission, it's there from the time I turn the car, til I turn it off. It sounds like a diesel at idle.

Would a rebuild eliminate this?

(Side Q: Does the transmission need to be pulled to install your adj master? I'm a super newb to the t56)
Old 10-31-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'll fire away with a couple of questions on faceplating. I built my own pro-shifted transmission a couple years ago, so I'm very familiar with those, but haven't done a faceplated trans.

On the slider gears, are those machined from the stock sliders, or are they done as an aftermarket / new unit? I can't tell from the pics.

How does face plating handle wear? I know with pro-shifted, it starts popping out of gear after some wear (I still have my pro-shifted trans, it was popping out of 3rd there towards the end, as I had a bunch of passes and some street miles on it).

I'm going to also assume that a faceplated trans will give a nice, solid, attention-grabbing "thunk" when you put it in gear at low speed.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:07 PM
CARTEK Racing

finaly i get a good picture of what a face plated gear looks like!!!

thanks Joey! lol
Old 10-31-2008, 01:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You're welcome Alex! You're going to love yours.
Originally Posted by Vicinity
Question on rebuilds, I have an annoying (scratch that, REALLY F*CKING ANNOYING) knock that comes from my transmission, it's there from the time I turn the car, til I turn it off. It sounds like a diesel at idle.

Would a rebuild eliminate this?

(Side Q: Does the transmission need to be pulled to install your adj master? I'm a super newb to the t56)
When we do our rebuilds, we inspect everything while the transmission is apart and we'll call you and let you know what needs to be replaced to get it shifting, driving and functioning BETTER than it did when it was new.

Our master can be installed with the transmission in the car. Replacement of the slave cylinder requires transmission removal.
Originally Posted by Camaroholic
I'll fire away with a couple of questions on faceplating. I built my own pro-shifted transmission a couple years ago, so I'm very familiar with those, but haven't done a faceplated trans.

On the slider gears, are those machined from the stock sliders, or are they done as an aftermarket / new unit? I can't tell from the pics.

How does face plating handle wear? I know with pro-shifted, it starts popping out of gear after some wear (I still have my pro-shifted trans, it was popping out of 3rd there towards the end, as I had a bunch of passes and some street miles on it).

I'm going to also assume that a faceplated trans will give a nice, solid, attention-grabbing "thunk" when you put it in gear at low speed.
The stock sliders aren't modified, those are aftermarket replacements.

With pro shifting, the shift lugs engage on the inside of the slider and as the pro rings wear from normal use, they burr up and require dressing, deburring and/or replacement to maintain smooth shifting. With face plating, the engagement lugs are on the face of the slider which will not allow them to burr up and require maintenance. The design of the face plate shift lugs give them more contact area which makes them much more durable, so longevity is increased dramatically (about three to four times longer than a pro ring) and there is virtually no chance of popping out of gear.

You'll definitely get that nice "thunk" when going into a gear, for sure. A faceplated setup will be clunky, fast shifting, raw, loud, brutal, and most importantly: bad ***.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
You'll definitely get that nice "thunk" when going into a gear, for sure. A faceplated setup will be clunky, fast shifting, raw, loud, brutal, and most importantly: bad ***.
haha, I like that. Just makes me want one more.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

A Viper Input Shaft is also an option that can be added to any Level Two or Level Three T56! It is the perfect compliment to our Level Three EXTREME Viper T56 Rebuild that features the Viper Mainshaft.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

TTT for a reminder to you guys that we offer these services. Just dropped some parts off to be cryotreated today.

Quick Reply: New Options Available at TICKshift.com: REM, Cryo, Faceplating and More!