Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SNEAK PEEK: The New CNC Billet Aluminum Master Cylinder Bracket from Tick Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got my tick master and ls7 clutch kit installed over the weekend and got it back today. what a difference. the car shifts like butter. 150% better. thanks joey. oh btw, what kind of warranty does my master come with?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered a Tick master and LS7 kit tonight. And their remote bleeder.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Joey, was wondering if there would be any advantages to switching to a bigger clutch reservoir with this new MC? Just to hold more fluid.
We re-use the existing reservoir to make installation easier. A larger reservoir obviously would hold more fluid which may help with keeping the fluid cool and cleaner over time. We haven't had any problems as of yet, so theres no reason to really do anything differently; although tilton does offer a larger reservoir and remote adapter that could be used. Mounting it would require a bit of fabrication however.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
We re-use the existing reservoir to make installation easier. A larger reservoir obviously would hold more fluid which may help with keeping the fluid cool and cleaner over time. We haven't had any problems as of yet, so theres no reason to really do anything differently; although tilton does offer a larger reservoir and remote adapter that could be used. Mounting it would require a bit of fabrication however.
So whats the advantage of running this versus an adjustable OEM like the RAM mc. Will it last longer? Help shift faster?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

I am pretty sure that the Ram uses the factory style line with the restriction and it is just a factory peice modified to be adjustable. Tick's piece is badass with a larger line+more volume= easier shifts. Nascar uses this style in alot of the Cup cars. This is a really nice piece. If you are in the market for one of these I would really look hard at the Tick m/c.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is the new bracket going to be avail as a separate piece?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
I am pretty sure that the Ram uses the factory style line with the restriction and it is just a factory peice modified to be adjustable. Tick's piece is badass with a larger line+more volume= easier shifts. Nascar uses this style in alot of the Cup cars. This is a really nice piece. If you are in the market for one of these I would really look hard at the Tick m/c.
So is it any different then a RAM with the drill mod done? And will it last longer then a stock style? Thanks for the reply by the way. Its just that I have 62k on my car and I replaced the stock one at 30k and now the RAM went out at 60k. I would pay more money for this nice setup if its actually gonna last more then 30k miles.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by toadzq8
Is the new bracket going to be avail as a separate piece?
No, it will only be available seperately to guys who already have our kits with the old bracket.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS1crazy01
So is it any different then a RAM with the drill mod done? And will it last longer then a stock style? Thanks for the reply by the way. Its just that I have 62k on my car and I replaced the stock one at 30k and now the RAM went out at 60k. I would pay more money for this nice setup if its actually gonna last more then 30k miles.
Its completely different that the RAM. The RAM is nothing more than a modified stock cylinder. The function of its adjustment is useless in my opinion because you can only gain a fraction of an inch of stroke because they have modified the internal stop. You can litterally adjust it until you preload the clutch and the master bottoms internally and you still aren't gaining anything really.

Our cylinder used a Tilton cylinder with a larger bore and equal stroke overall. By adjusting the pedals travel (or stroke) you have the capability of moving more fluid that the stock, Ram, or Mcleod cylinders. You can tailor the stroke of the cylinder to get just the right amount of release for those high rpm shifts.

Our cylinder also uses a true -4 line with absolutely no restrictions to be drilled out. As for lasting, that has really yet to be seen as its a new kit for us however Tilton has been making these cylinders for use in various racing applications for years. The cylinder itself if fully rebuildable for just a few bucks.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
Its completely different that the RAM. The RAM is nothing more than a modified stock cylinder. The function of its adjustment is useless in my opinion because you can only gain a fraction of an inch of stroke because they have modified the internal stop. You can litterally adjust it until you preload the clutch and the master bottoms internally and you still aren't gaining anything really.

Our cylinder used a Tilton cylinder with a larger bore and equal stroke overall. By adjusting the pedals travel (or stroke) you have the capability of moving more fluid that the stock, Ram, or Mcleod cylinders. You can tailor the stroke of the cylinder to get just the right amount of release for those high rpm shifts.

Our cylinder also uses a true -4 line with absolutely no restrictions to be drilled out. As for lasting, that has really yet to be seen as its a new kit for us however Tilton has been making these cylinders for use in various racing applications for years. The cylinder itself if fully rebuildable for just a few bucks.
Just the infor I needed thank you! Im gonna put my order in before spring for sure. Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Any word on when we can get the bracket?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you guys for all the questions and the orders. They are MUCH appreciated and I hope you guys are all shifting much better than ever before.
Originally Posted by isenegger
i got my tick master and ls7 clutch kit installed over the weekend and got it back today. what a difference. the car shifts like butter. 150% better. thanks joey. oh btw, what kind of warranty does my master come with?
No official warranty, but if you have any trouble at all, give me a buzz and we'll get you taken care of. We haven't had a cylinder fail yet, but when/if we do, they're all 100% rebuildable, as Jonathan mentioned, for just a few dollars.
Originally Posted by Chris05ssTruck
Any word on when we can get the bracket?
We'll be starting the swap-out program VERY soon.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
Thank you guys for all the questions and the orders. They are MUCH appreciated and I hope you guys are all shifting much better than ever before.
No official warranty, but if you have any trouble at all, give me a buzz and we'll get you taken care of. We haven't had a cylinder fail yet, but when/if we do, they're all 100% rebuildable, as Jonathan mentioned, for just a few dollars.
We'll be starting the swap-out program VERY soon.
cool just wondering

Quick Reply: SNEAK PEEK: The New CNC Billet Aluminum Master Cylinder Bracket from Tick Performance