Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

advice? slave and master changed

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default advice? slave and master changed

so i paid a friend of my uncles, who works at a local GM dealership with transmissions $400 to install my 01 GM slave and tick MC... he started sat. afternoon. and pulls the in around 5 or so when he gets off...called monday he said they were going back in with the tranny and makin the way to the master... its now friday and hes not answering... now from what i have read. it shouldnt take 4 days to install the MC or bleed the clutch i wouldnt think. especially a GM transmission guy. im not rushing it because i want it done right. but am startin to get a little antsy
Old 03-13-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well hes probably just taking his time, Im sure he has alot else going on at the dealership. Honestly though in theory if everything goes correctly it shouldnt take more than a day to get it all rolling.
Make sure you wrap the **** out of the clutch lines with heat wrap!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Teching In

well he told me no later than tuesday. it will be done... nmot that im worried about it though... didnt plan on wrapping the clutch lines?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It took me from 9am to about 5:36pm to just do the slave by myself. A few days before that I did the master, probably just took a couple hours and I had never done the installs before. If I did it again, I could probably install a master and slave starting at 8am, and ending around 6 or 7pm. Basically sun up to sun down, and that's by myself.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Teching In

got it saturday night! i love it...solved all my problems next is the rebuild now that i can shift! lol
Old 03-17-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear you got it back and it's workin out for you. If someone's doing you a favor and working on something after hours for a cheaper price than you'd be paying the dealership, it's to your benefit that you allow them to take their time so they don't feel pressured (or get pissed) and they do it right.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Good to hear you got it back and it's workin out for you. If someone's doing you a favor and working on something after hours for a cheaper price than you'd be paying the dealership, it's to your benefit that you allow them to take their time so they don't feel pressured (or get pissed) and they do it right.

Well put. I know how he was feeling though. Iam the type of person that if I call you just to check on things, just give me the courtesy of a call back. No big deal. Iam not the one to pressure someone anyway, especially if its a good friend of mine and there helping me out. Glad you got it back. Now go enjoy it
Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Teching In

pedal still sticking!!just did some street racing and it stuck every gear... guessin there is still air in the lines..