Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just had to bleed mine with a mighty vac, no problems since, works flawless
Old 05-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same problem. I have no problems with any other gear but even if i shift it into my other gears it is extremely hard to get into reverse. Is this everyone else's problem, need some advise.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by liss87
I am having the same problem. I have no problems with any other gear but even if i shift it into my other gears it is extremely hard to get into reverse. Is this everyone else's problem, need some advise.
I am having the same rpoblem, but from a dead stop, if i put it in neutral and push the clutch back in, its also hard to get into first sometimes , i usually have to go to another gear and then back to first, reverse is a biotch too, but sometimes it goes right in smoothly, im pretty sure i have to bleed mine, because its done it ever since i took the tranny out and put it back in, must have gotten a little air in the system when i disconnected the quick disconnect from the slave
Old 04-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Any follow up on this? Running a T56 behind a Poncho in a 78 TA. Solid , no issues for the past 4 years and approx 10k miles. Towards the end of last season and currently, I have issues getting into reverse when engine is running. Have to stop engine, put into rev then start engine. Lockout is wired via on/off switch. No PCMs. Skip shift was eliminated during build. Could it be clutch is wearing out or slave not shimmed enough? No issues in any other gear. Trans is based on a C5R main section and Viper tail.
12" Centerforce DF clutch
4th gen Fbody master & slave w/ drilled hose. Master cyl adjusted to stop just prior to bottoming out.
Extended remote bleeder.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Originally Posted by takid455
Any follow up on this? Running a T56 behind a Poncho in a 78 TA. Solid , no issues for the past 4 years and approx 10k miles. Towards the end of last season and currently, I have issues getting into reverse when engine is running. Have to stop engine, put into rev then start engine. Lockout is wired via on/off switch. No PCMs. Skip shift was eliminated during build. Could it be clutch is wearing out or slave not shimmed enough? No issues in any other gear. Trans is based on a C5R main section and Viper tail.
4th gen Fbody master & slave w/ drilled hose. Master cyl adjusted to stop just prior to bottoming out.
Extended remote bleeder.
The reverse lockout solenoid needs power to release, otherwise it is active. Can you hear it click when you use the switch? Double check the wiring...

Andrew
Old 04-19-2016, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by takid455
Extended remote bleeder.
This same thing happened to me after an engine was built and put back I'm the car. The reverse worked fine before but after the shop put the tranny back in reverse was hard to get in and sometimes
Wouldn't go in. Not long after my clutch suddenly died while I was cruising. Replaced the it with a new one and reverse has been working perfect since .

Quick Reply: Hard to get T56 into reverse??