Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

MGW Shifter - No Limit Stops

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
well it is good you can get around in Oklahoma snow. up here in iow we have real snow. your right you can get around in snow as long as the tires are good. good job on giving your tech information that YOU found out. WAIT, ****, we cant do that in here. remember the OP. yeah didnt he give out info that he found out. **** mike. you out of luck.
Way to fail at a sorry attempt of being a dick, LOL.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
MASS seller approved

lmao this is a great thread lol but i can tell you that mike drives that car everyday and ya the snow here isnt like iowa but who the **** cares if it snows he drives it if its 105 he drives it isnt this thread supposed to be about a shifter?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Banned

^^^ yeah it is. so why mike bring up all weater car?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you guys serious!? Seeing how this forum is free and the owners are kind enough not to take membership fees (I know this because I just offered to send in support), why are you guys wasting good bandwidth on such a pointless 6th grade argument. It was a good technical argument in the beginning, and I find myself siding with the masses, but this "my turbo setup is better than your cam setup and I spent more that you did," is now just playground B.S.!

DM
Old 05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Are you guys serious!? Seeing how this forum is free and the owners are kind enough not to take membership fees (I know this because I just offered to send in support), why are you guys wasting good bandwidth on such a pointless 6th grade argument. It was a good technical argument in the beginning, and I find myself siding with the masses, but this "my turbo setup is better than your cam setup and I spent more that you did," is now just playground B.S.!

DM
Agreed, which is what I was getting at when he threw in the whole turbo/super charger comment.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

^^^ yeah it is. so why mike bring up all weater car?
It floated that direction along with your dumbass comment about turbo & super charger set-ups.

If you don't understand that then please refrain from posting until you get some common sense man. Good lord.

I'm done with this thread. Someone post up when your MGW shifter ***** up a stock shift fork & it isn't from power shifting the **** outta it constantly instead.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

mike, you said you know your **** cause you did YOUR own head and cam in a buddies grage. that is you knowledge level.

i said i do head/cam and superchargers and turbos in my shop. that is my knowledge level.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

mike, you said you know your **** cause you did YOUR own head and cam in a buddies grage. that is you knowledge level.

i said i do head/cam and superchargers and turbos in my shop. that is my knowledge level.
Wow, if you think just b/c I only did a H/C set-up on my car thats the limits of my knowledge on these cars & motors your sorely mistaken sir, very mistaken. I only did H/C cause thats all I wanted in my daily driver for the time being & it didn't cost very much to do.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

Say goodnight folks...... Goodnight folks!

DM
Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

This thread is a joke.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mannn, **** is getting serious bra, yall started out by talking smack about eachothers shifters, then it went to talking **** about eachothers rides, yall need to take it to the strip and have a raceoff,, haha did i say raceoff
Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ATLSS
That's like saying the Architect who designs the structure doesn't have a clue how it goes together and works.

But the contractors building it know more about it... yet they had NO input on the design....

Aren't you a genius.

Go **** in someone elses thread.
It depends...if you're talking about the architechts and/or engineers who have either worked in a trade/craft in their particular field before becoming one; or worked long enough to have gained true experience and expertise in their respective field and can actually design something with complex mathematics, a slide rule, etc. and not some computer program that they think is the gospel. Those I would trust. They're usually worth their weight in gold.
Or are you talking about 24-32 yr old kids who have no experience and are fresh out of school and only have a job because they'll work for peanuts and design all their stuff on computer programs that tradesmen like me have to go behind and fix and/or re-engineer to get it to work? If that's the case then they couldn't carry some of the tradesmens jocks that work for these "contractors".
The majority of prints I see on jobs now days are nothing more than very expensive toilet paper or kindling.
Now which was the one you talked to at tremec?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 05-24-2009, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

LMFAO &
Old 05-24-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Oh wow, this makes sense.... now you're telling me that they DO make a T56 shifter WITH stops but they don't recommend using them...... great....

Now it's quite obvious that MGW needs some help.
The F-Body shifter is there newest shifter so it would make sense for them too remove a feature from it that they DON'T recommend using on their other shifters.

ATLSS, I do thank you for actually taking them time to make the calls and find out this information, but like others have said you need to be careful who you talk to. This thread also reminds me of a thread I just read by a guy who called the old makes of the T56 and asked them what Tranny Fluid to use.

The guy posted the results of what the company said and spent a page or two being flamed because people didn't agree with what the company said.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Just thought everyone should know I called tremec today because I couldn't understand how they would say you need shift stops when nether the cars they where put in are the transmissions when you order from them came with shift stops. They said that the t56 has them built in and not only do you not need them but they recommend that you don't use them. I understand that they might be covering there own a** because they didn't use them but maybe they are just telling the truth. Don't try and get me going on some stupid argument. If you don't believe me call them. I don't even have this shifter yet but I am ordering it.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Technical information in this thread stopped on page one. If you want to continue the pissing contest, take it to email or PM.

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter - No Limit Stops