Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

those who daily drive/drag races with m6

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
why would yall replace the master with a new stock unit when they are known to cause issues?
Because at the time, a stock unit is what fixed my problem. There was no such thing as a Tick master then. Mcleod failed on me. Rebuilt it. Failed again. Ram adjustable is basically a stock adjustable unit and was never right from the get go. So I went with a cheapo from OReilly's and it solved all of my grinding issues and the shifts are smooth as butter. I'm not complaining that I spent $50 bucks on a master to fix my problem when other's are having to spend 300-400 or however much a Tick costs and are still having problems. Not blaming the Tick at all. I think it's a great product, but some people don't know how to diagnose problems other than throwing money at it til it stops. Not smart at all. Work the problem not your wallet. And I'm not trying to start an arguement bud, just explaining my reasons for running the setup I run.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just an update with my sticky clutch pedal. I recently installed the tick master cylinder and instantly the sticky pedal went away. i recommend if anybody is having the sticky pedal issue, replaces the stocker with a tick master or any other aftermarket master.

Last edited by CaliboyTA; 01-11-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From reading your thread I was gonna recommend a tick m/c. Looks like you already figured it out though. Nothing but good comes from ticks. See

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

loll fixed
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

oops! wrong tick
Old 03-17-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just an update. the problem has came back. the tick master help dramatically on the sticky petal but the underlying problem of shifting at high rpms is still there. i've exhausted all the options beside inspecting the clutch. come to the conclusion that its the ls7 clutch
Old 03-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Cali,

I do not have an LS7 clutch but here is what I read that may help you.

The reason you are having the problem shifting into gear now is due to the LS7 pressure plate is self adjusting. The problem with that is the fingers on the pressure plate self adjusted to the original Master that was on the car after the clutch was installed. Now that you have the Tick, the pressure plate is still adjusted to the other Master and the clutch will not fully disengage.

There are 2 options(from what I read), 1 is to order a new pressure plate or have the fingers reset to original position and re-install.

This has even happened to guys with Ls7 clutches that only did the drill mod too since the fluid flow has changed.

ANYONE: If I am wrong please correct me on this.

I will try and get some links so you can read up on it.

Here ya go:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ew-master.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...hift-help.html

Last edited by Scoobysnacks; 03-17-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

Just to clear up a common misconception. The factory blocker rings are carbon fiber. This is not an upgrade. Dont shoot me, just giving the facts. Ask any other rebuilder on here or call GM. Alot of rebuilders like Tick say its an upgrade in their stage 2 for LS1 and its not. It is for the LT t56 and other though soooo not sure. Tick does have great customer service.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by freefallen.1
Just to clear up a common misconception. The factory blocker rings are carbon fiber. This is not an upgrade. Dont shoot me, just giving the facts. Ask any other rebuilder on here or call GM. Alot of rebuilders like Tick say its an upgrade in their stage 2 for LS1 and its not. It is for the LT t56 and other though soooo not sure. Tick does have great customer service.
Carbon blocker rings are an upgrade if you've got a 98,99, or 00 which came with paper lined blocker rings.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i wanted to exhaust any issues with the hydraulic system before i tap into the clutch itself. now i will just buy a mcleod rst clutch and re use my stock flywheel.

Last edited by CaliboyTA; 03-18-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Quick Reply: those who daily drive/drag races with m6