Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ws6store short shifter

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To 7camaro7 and other members on LS1Tech
that might have read my post regarding Monster Clutch ...

I will first start by apologizing to the principal and staff
directly affiliated with SNL Performance and Monster Clutch.

Secondly I also apologize to 7camaro7 and other members on
LS1Tech.

I was making posts based on what I thought was true and accurate information. However I was apparently wrong and misinformed.

After having an extensive telephone conversation with the proprietor of SNL Performance and Monster Clutch, I learned the truth about what has gone into the Monster Clutch series and what continues to go into Monster Clutch.

Alot of effort, time, R&D, investment, testing and marketing goes into these Monster Clutches. After learning the truth and what goes into the product, you can be sure that you are receiving a top quality clutch.

Peace

Old 06-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Vik
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
good luck and do NOT use loctite like someone above did lol
Haha, yea, I'll be sure to not sure the loctite.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bearcatt
To 7camaro7 and other members on LS1Tech
that might have read my post regarding Monster Clutch ...

I will first start by apologizing to the principal and staff
directly affiliated with SNL Performance and Monster Clutch.

Secondly I also apologize to 7camaro7 and other members on
LS1Tech.

I was making posts based on what I thought was true and accurate information. However I was apparently wrong and misinformed.

After having an extensive telephone conversation with the proprietor of SNL Performance and Monster Clutch, I learned the truth about what has gone into the Monster Clutch series and what continues to go into Monster Clutch.

Alot of effort, time, R&D, investment, testing and marketing goes into these Monster Clutches. After learning the truth and what goes into the product, you can be sure that you are receiving a top quality clutch.

Peace

Thanks a ton man, I appreciate the phone call and the post!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

lol I'll give you guys a shot if SB ever lets me down
Old 06-16-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Thanks a ton man, I appreciate the phone call and the post!
No problem, I am very glad to do it.

I am glad we had our conversation.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

When my LS7 gives out, I will surely consider a Monster.

The SB is still a great product but so is the Monster.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Vik
Staging Lane

I've got problems shifting into 1st from a stop light and I have to release and reapply the clutch to get it into gear. My reverse will also sometimes wont go into gear making me grind. I'm hoping a simple trans oil change will fix it but if not, I've been told to replace the clutch. I'm not sure how many miles this clutch has on it. I do eventually plan on decent heads, cam, w/ tune and 150 shot of juice on WOT. So with that info, what would you pick up?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vik
I've got problems shifting into 1st from a stop light and I have to release and reapply the clutch to get it into gear. My reverse will also sometimes wont go into gear making me grind. I'm hoping a simple trans oil change will fix it but if not, I've been told to replace the clutch. I'm not sure how many miles this clutch has on it. I do eventually plan on decent heads, cam, w/ tune and 150 shot of juice on WOT. So with that info, what would you pick up?

Vik,

It sounds like you may have a disengagement issue. Sometimes cleaning the hydraulic fluid will help some. An easy way to clean the fluid is with a Mity Vac or turkey baster. Basically draw as much of the old fluid as possible... than add ...draw ... add ... until you get your fluid as clean as possible.

I wouldn't mess with bleeding at this point because you might make it worse.

Changing the trans oil might help a little. I think ultimately the solution might be a new clutch.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Vik
Staging Lane

Vik,

It sounds like you may have a disengagement issue. Sometimes cleaning the hydraulic fluid will help some. An easy way to clean the fluid is with a Mity Vac or turkey baster. Basically draw as much of the old fluid as possible... than add ...draw ... add ... until you get your fluid as clean as possible.

Changing the trans oil might help a little. I think ultimately the solution might be a new clutch.

Apperciate it. I'll do that thursday. How do I cycle the fluid? Just pump the clutch? Thanks!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a WS6Store short stick, and love it. I put one on my factory shifter and loved it. Then, put it on my SLP short shifter, and was pleased with it at the time. Now, with one on my Hurst Billet/Plus, I couldn't be happier. I do most of all my online business with WS6Store though. Mike seems to be a pretty cool guy, and takes care of business really well. My best friend became friends with him, when he was living out in Des Moines. So, whenever I need something, I can always just have my buddy give Mike a call or text to get stuff taken care of. Even before that, I handled all my business with them. Mike's always on top of things, and usually has my tracking info emailed to me within a half hour of an order being placed, and it's on my doorstep the next morning.

Originally Posted by Vik
Apperciate it. I'll do that thursday. How do I cycle the fluid? Just pump the clutch? Thanks!
Yep. The way I've heard to do it, is pump the clutch 20-30 times, then repeat with the Mighty Vac or baster. That's what I always do, and it works like a charm.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like the same setup I have with the hurst and short shifter. I love it. Wish I could of gotten some store stickers though lol
Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tspence45
Yep. The way I've heard to do it, is pump the clutch 20-30 times, then repeat with the Mighty Vac or baster. That's what I always do, and it works like a charm.
I don't recommend the pump method because mine doesn't even actually and truly cycle unless I drive it some. For me I just go for a little drive and afterwards if it is going to get dirty, it will do it. If it is clean and you were driving easy it will still be clean.
Vik,

I don't think bleeding it will help either. I've tried to bleed mine in the past when having these problems and all I got was dirty.

Originally Posted by Vik
I've had your issue WAY too many times and I think I've found a great fix for it. It is called preventative maintenance.

For now, to get the car moving from a stop you can clutch in, start the shifter toward 2nd then immediatly put it into 1st. Works like a charm. Or while moving and coming to a stop put it into 1st before your wheels stop and that works.

Cause... Hydraulics... most likely the slave
If you're getting a slave installed you might as well go ahead and put a clutch in too unless the one you have is new and doing a good job. Changing tranny fluid I don't THINK will do you any good. It could but it never helped me.

If when your car is apart check the clutch visually and see what it looks like for life and if its stock or aftermarket. Since you intend on getting some badass mods later on I suggest you go ahead and get a good clutch(do your own research and a lot of it).

I say get a clutch and brand new hydraulics. My opinion is get a new master cylinder(stock). Do the drill mod on it.(keep your old one too incase you mess up). Get a new slave cylinder. Get a Southbend Stage III clutch w/cryo. Lastly, get an experienced installer like a dealership so you know its right the first time. That's what I did besides the drill mod but I'm going to do it... again lol

How to keep from having this issue again...

Get a mix miser from walmart. It is a plastic syringe used for mixing weed eater oil and fuel. Use it to suck out the old clutch fluid about everytime you fill up with gas. Wipe out the reservoir with a lint free towl. Wipe the rubber seal and the lid. Then get some dot 4 brake fluid and fill it up to the ledge that goes across to the metal. Put the seal in and lid on and you're good to go.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Vik
Staging Lane

Wow, thanks a TON! Thats quite a bit of wisdom. I really appreciate it! I will try out those tips tomorrow after I install the short stick!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Launching!

When you order a WS6store short stick, you can tell Mike you want a bent stick so it is not so far north when trying to shift and slaming your hand into the AC controls. I ordered one long ago and when I installed the strait stick I didnt like it at all. I called Mike back and he said he will send a bent one. Sent me a new one at no cost and didnt even want the old one back. Told me to keep it for my troubles. So far I have done about 23 orders with WS6store and have always had superior customer service, thats why I go back every time.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks man!

No problem, I am very glad to do it.

I am glad we had our conversation.

Me too man!

When my LS7 gives out, I will surely consider a Monster.

The SB is still a great product but so is the Monster.

Agreed, the guys out at South Bend are nice people!

Originally Posted by Vik
That is a hydraulic issue without question. You can try the methods outlined by the guys in this thread, however, you will need a new clutch with the setup you plan on doing. Give us a call and we'll get you taken care of, not only do we have a great product, we also have a great sale going on right now!

Steve A.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lt1camaro95
When you order a WS6store short stick, you can tell Mike you want a bent stick so it is not so far north when trying to shift and slaming your hand into the AC controls. I ordered one long ago and when I installed the strait stick I didnt like it at all. I called Mike back and he said he will send a bent one. Sent me a new one at no cost and didnt even want the old one back. Told me to keep it for my troubles. So far I have done about 23 orders with WS6store and have always had superior customer service, thats why I go back every time.

That's good to know that the WS6store can send thier short stocks bent.

I too have dealt with Mike at the WS6store many times.
Yes thier customer service is excellent and they are very reliable.

Last edited by bearcatt; 06-17-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vik
I didn't mean bleed it, just draw the old fluid out and put new fluid
in until you can get it as clean as possible.

Like I said, at this point, I wouldn't bleed it as you might make it worse.

What 7camaro7 said in post #72 made a lot of sense.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/11768557-post72.html

I think ultimately you might need a new Monster clutch. ( KABOOM )

Last edited by bearcatt; 06-17-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lt1camaro95
If he has a stock hurst like I do I doubt he'll have the trouble you had. Mine is a stock hurst with a ws6store 6.5 straight stick, with a hurst ball. Mine never comes close to hitting anything.

I'm thinking you had the base shifter which throws way longer right?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he has a stock hurst like I do I doubt he'll have the trouble you had. Mine is a stock hurst with a ws6store 6.5 straight stick, with a hurst ball. Mine never comes close to hitting anything.

I'm thinking you had the base shifter which throws way longer right?
True.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Vik
Staging Lane

I just installed the stick and it feels great. I dont have any problems with it hitting anything. Yea, Im not going to bleed it. However, I do not see the hydraulics fluid holding bottle or anything that will contain clutch fluid.

Quick Reply: ws6store short shifter