Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch for 558rwhp SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch for 558rwhp SS

Wow i have been away from the car world for about a year + with some family sickness and starting a buisness but now i'm back. Just seeing my SS sitting in my driveway with a bad clutch has been upseting....Oh well
I need a clutch to hold 558rwhp with possible more hp in the future. Not sure how yet but i would rather get a clutch a little overkill just in case. Car is a weekend driver that will be beat on with maybe 5-10 track days a year. Any help is good
Old 06-21-2009, 09:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by destroyerSS
Wow i have been away from the car world for about a year + with some family sickness and starting a buisness but now i'm back. Just seeing my SS sitting in my driveway with a bad clutch has been upseting....Oh well
I need a clutch to hold 558rwhp with possible more hp in the future. Not sure how yet but i would rather get a clutch a little overkill just in case. Car is a weekend driver that will be beat on with maybe 5-10 track days a year. Any help is good

Monster Clutch Level III is what you need! AND it is on sale until teh end of July. You can hop on my link below for prices.

The III will handle 700 HP/TQ @ tires, and it our most popular clutch since it is a dual purpose clutch (good for street and track) that handles alot of power
ANY questions, let me know, thanks!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gen414
Monster Clutch Level III is what you need! AND it is on sale until teh end of July. You can hop on my link below for prices.

The III will handle 700 HP/TQ @ tires, and it our most popular clutch since it is a dual purpose clutch (good for street and track) that handles alot of power
ANY questions, let me know, thanks!
This guy speaks truth. I can tell my level 3 monster is way overkill with my measly 425 at the tires.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this out!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...view-pics.html
Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tex Oz 700 here. Works wonders and is PROVEN. Monster has about at least all of this year and next year before reliability reviews can come out.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
This guy speaks truth. I can tell my level 3 monster is way overkill with my measly 425 at the tires.

Another satisifed customer! Thanks for teh feedback, glad you like!

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Monster has about at least all of this year and next year before reliability reviews can come out.

Uhh, ok.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Gen414
Uhh, ok.
Thats right, ok.

I have talked with Monster on this and they talked about a "No Questions Asked" return pol for a little more $$$ which is really appealing and for most it would be a good option. As far as I know they have not started it, if they have, I'd be happy to be corrected.

Once you get a good group of people putting on 10k miles and racing the clutch and getting true feedback, there is not a track record of reliability, period.

I will be up front about the Textralia clutch. I had a high RPM drag issue that was due to the stock design of the clutch master and I even used a Ram (stock with an adj rod end), and ultimately the Tick Perf. Master Cyl fixed that and has been one of the best peices ever offered. But dont be fooled, some of the prototype units have failed already, but Tick has already fixed it and people have had a very low failure rate, if not non exsistant.

As I end my rant, the buyer ultimately has the option to make the choice that is best for them. I am not a parts slinger, I am not a shop, just a guy with very little money to blow on things that are not needed or unproven and before I spend my hard won dollars, I am going to make sure the investment is warrented.

/rant.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 06-22-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Thats right, ok.

I have talked with Monster on this and they talked about a "No Questions Asked" return pol for a little more $$$ which is really appealing and for most it would be a good option. As far as I know they have not started it, if they have, I'd be happy to be corrected.

Once you get a good group of people putting on 10k miles and racing the clutch and getting true feedback, there is not a track record of reliability, period.

I will be up front about the Textralia clutch. I had a high RPM drag issue that was due to the stock design of the clutch master and I even used a Ram (stock with an adj rod end), and ultimately the Tick Perf. Master Cyl fixed that and has been one of the best peices ever offered. But dont be fooled, some of the prototype units have failed already, but Tick has already fixed it and people have had a very low failure rate, if not non exsistant.

As I end my rant, the buyer ultimately has the option to make the choice that is best for them. I am not a parts slinger, I am not a shop, just a guy with very little money to blow on things that are not needed or unproven and before I spend my hard won dollars, I am going to make sure the investment is warrented.

/rant.

Fair enough, and you have every right to say what you want, BUT, there ARE clutches out there with 15K-25K (and possibly more by now) miles on them, both street miles AND track abuse with NOTHING but positive feedback. You can do a search here AND the GTO forums if you want.
Do not take this any way other than I agree with you about your skepticism about "newer" products, BUT, in this case to think that Monster needs ANOTHER 1 1/2 years to prove anything is pretty silly.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will agree with BlackScreamin' on this one. I was going to order a Monster clutch but I was able to get an awesome deal on a used Textralia, it was just too cheap to pass up.

I would not hesitate for a second to buy a Monster but the truth is only time will tell how well a product is. When Tex's first came out there weren't many bad reviews, then they slowly started coming. Lets also not forget about our crappy hydraulic system.

I still find it hard to believe that so many people have problems with clutches in these cars. I don't know if it's due to their hydraulics, install or user error. I still haven't had my Tex at the track, for all I know it will grenade on the first launch but it doesn't give me any problems on the street; whether I'm cruising or ripping on it.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Grifter
. Lets also not forget about our crappy hydraulic system.

I still find it hard to believe that so many people have problems with clutches in these cars. I don't know if it's due to their hydraulics, .

Amen. Amazing that the hydaulics ever managed to leave the production line (or teh drawing board I should say )
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Stage 3+ all day long when it comes to capacity and daily drivability. Of course, I am a bit biased...I suppose. Do you need a flywheel too? We offer Steel and Aluminum versions. Let me know and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks,
Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

We are a relatively new company and there will be some guys that are going to want to see some "time" on our units and I have no problems with that. I know they are great setups and so do the guys running them, in time guys will see, no biggie.

As far as our "No Questions Asked Warranty", we have started that and offer it over the phone, once our new website is up and running you will be able to purchase that as an option.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

I'm looking to make around that much power when my D1SC is installed...I plan on going with the McLeod street twin...
Old 06-23-2009, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by stang56k
I'm looking to make around that much power when my D1SC is installed...I plan on going with the McLeod street twin...
That's a little overkill, but, I respect your choice as McLeod is a good setup.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
That's a little overkill, but, I respect your choice as McLeod is a good setup.
Well... I actually got a good deal on a Textrialla OZ700 so I went with that...
Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by stang56k
Well... I actually got a good deal on a Textrialla OZ700 so I went with that...
Completely understandable.

Last edited by SNLPerformance; 07-01-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

i had a spec stage 3 and freaking loved it
Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

i have a spec stage 3+ now, but i think i wil be going with the monster stage 3 next time around.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rpmauto
i have a spec stage 3+ now, but i think i wil be going with the monster stage 3 next time around.

Wisconsin huh? I have some family in Minnesota, and a LONG time ago, I worked in Wahpetan (sp?) North Dakota (few miles south of Fargo), and also have family in Chicago, so i drove through Wisconsin and caught a Milwaukee Brewers game when they were still an American Leagure team playing the White Sox. Wisconsin out in teh hill country, was BEAUTIFUL.
OK, sorry for off topic.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rpmauto
Let us know, we'll get you taken care of!

Quick Reply: Clutch for 558rwhp SS