Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Remote one man bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tick Remote one man bleeder

Any body have One and if so What do you think of it. Pros,cons and how does it work thinking about picking one up soon Thanks.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Remote Bleeder

Yes I have one. I stuffed it on when I dropped my 454 to put in morel lifters.
Helps 100% as I had the end of the hose under the rocker panel while I was in the car pumping the clutch pedal. All the air escaped then I tucked the steel line up under the body ! Really nice as you don't have to try n get a socket on that damn bleeder @ the slave cyl......
Old 08-20-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got 1 as well....LOVE it. Sooooo much easier.Best like $50or whatever u can spend!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

bought it when i bought my tick and had the trans out and it made bleeding so much easier dont even have to jack the car up.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

We should have our bleeder's out this week, and YES, they make a huge difference in bleeding FBody setups.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

^hmmmm I can wait to see it because I need one.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Okay, I have a quick question about these.

I just bought one and put it on when I did my clutch swap yesterday.
Problem I'm running into is I'm not exactly sure If I'm bleeding my system right. I did the drill mod and put in a new slave, so I know that I have alot of air in the system. But I dont seem to be making any progress on it. I just spent 3 hours and 4 quarts of brake fluid today trying to bleed it with no luck.

I tried the traditional method of pushing the pedal, opening the bleeder breifly, then closing it and releasing the pedal. Then I tried putting the end of the line in some brake fluid, leaving it open, and pumping the pedal. But I still dont feel like I'm making any progress.

I've been doing both of these with the car jacked up and the line running under the car. Am I supposed to elevate it into the engine compartment? What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Monkey_fuerte

Problem I'm running into is I'm not exactly sure If I'm bleeding my system right. I did the drill mod and put in a new slave, so I know that I have alot of air in the system. But I dont seem to be making any progress on it. I just spent 3 hours and 4 quarts of brake fluid today trying to bleed it with no luck.

I tried the traditional method of pushing the pedal, opening the bleeder breifly, then closing it and releasing the pedal. Then I tried putting the end of the line in some brake fluid, leaving it open, and pumping the pedal. But I still dont feel like I'm making any progress.

I've been doing both of these with the car jacked up and the line running under the car. Am I supposed to elevate it into the engine compartment? What am I doing wrong?
Do whatever you can to get your hands on a Mity-Vac. Do a quick search and you should find some threads on it. I had my system bled in 20 seconds after installing my clutch, new slave and new master.

To the OP: A remote bleeder is a no-brainer when you replace your clutch.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

First, let me say, you have one VERY nice Avatar pic

2)When you explained the above, are you topping off the MC every 3-4 times of cracking it open? If you run that MC low at ANY time, you just let air back in, and back to ground zero.....So??
Old 08-23-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on the tick bleeder, crack the bleeder open about 1/4 turn and start pumping the pedal to flush out old fluid. make sure you dont run the reservoir dry. after your done doing a complete flush, close the bleeder and pump the pedal until there's no more air.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys does anyone have any pictures of how they have it routed
Old 08-23-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Launching!

cool will be picking one up this week gen414 keep us updated on your bleeder
Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Grifter
Do whatever you can to get your hands on a Mity-Vac. Do a quick search and you should find some threads on it. I had my system bled in 20 seconds after installing my clutch, new slave and new master.
Took your advice and may I say it worked like a charm. Only took me about an hour to get all the air out after I borrowed my brother's mityvac. Got my car running finally and I'm already 50 miles into breaking in my new Monster clutch and Tick t56.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nukeemall454
cool will be picking one up this week gen414 keep us updated on your bleeder
I suggest capping the end of the bleeder, like the ones on the caliper. Mine leaked a little and ate some paint.

Took your advice and may I say it worked like a charm. Only took me about an hour to get all the air out after I borrowed my brother's mityvac. Got my car running finally and I'm already 50 miles into breaking in my new Monster clutch and Tick t56.
Awesome. It's a must when bleeding our hydraulics.

Quick Reply: Tick Remote one man bleeder