Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch Co.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, i have a shim in my Spec 3, and probably will again with my spec 3+. The master in my car is stock, no drill mod, which is probably why im sticking in high rpm shifts.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

how recent are we looking at? I purchase mine a little while back but it hasn't been installed. is there a way to check before it is installed?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im guessing this was the problem w/ mine Steve?
Either way A+ customer service helping me w/ my problem. I have a feeling this was comming....since the begining no problems; then a weird rash. Steve stepped up to the plate BIG TIME for me. This is why i didn't post anything bashing anyone or anything..u have to give the vendor a chance to take care of u 1st. If ur an ***...it is a LOT harder to get help from anyone. 2 other vendors swore it was my bleed...however im no NOOB; Steve knew that and after i bled it good for 2 hours we knew the problem was internal.
Again thanks for taking care of my problem in the manor u did Steve A+!!!
P.S. The new clutch drives good...when i saw the disk i was like ****; it's gonna be a grabby **** lol, not near as bad as it looked. Part throttle when u shift it grabs; but in a good way...i have a total different feeling about this clutch i can tell in 150 more miles when i pwr shift the HELL outta it; it's gonna grab like a ****!!!
Thanks again.
And while most companys NEVER admit they somehow have a faulty product; u have stepped up to the plate my friend...keep this up and ur business will only grow farther than u ever thought of...
Old 09-05-2009, 04:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by miller456
That is true the tick is larger and flows more fluid to allow more pressure, and I made the post about the stocker being adjustable b/c it has been done and worked great for some people. Then I just got flamed for even insinuating the fact that you could even do it, when its posted right in the sticky.
?

Again, you are NOT reading or understanding what I am saying. I NEVER said that you could NOT do it, I just said it was SILLY to do it, to try and make a stock one adjustable, because it does NOT fix the problem

The adjustability of it is NOT (and will say it again, NOT THE PROBLEM WITH THE STOCK UNIT) it is fluid displacement (again, LACK OF) and you can throw in a 20 ft adjustment on it, and NOT gonna fix anything.

You add adjustment, for FEEL/Driver comfort...WHERE they want the pedal to release, and that's it.

If you want to make a stock one adjustable, go right ahead, and one thing I can guarantee is it will NOT make your clutch perform ANY BETTER.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
That is a great write up on how to make your stocker adjustable,, but thats about it....it does nothing to solve the high rpm shifting problem,, there just isnt enough room for the right amount of fluid to move the clutch parts. As mentioned by Gen414, the tubing for fluid travel is much bigger on the tick unit to allow alot more fluid flow, which means more pressure to move the TOB, etc, etc, etc. at those high engine speeds.

yes, you are EXACTLY right

Originally Posted by nocooler
Steve @ SNL - props for standing up and taking care of the issue.

I can't believe anyone would install a performance clutch and expect it to perform - without upgrading the hydraulics. The stock hydraulics blow period.

With my level 3 monster and tick master - all I have to do is bump the clutch to do a WOT powershift. I can shift it so quick the revs don't even go up. I've set at the tree @ 6000rpm as well and the car doesn't even move - so I have zero disengagement issues.

If I ever manage to kill this clutch - I'll order another monster immediately.

Glad you are enjoying, keep us updated.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Taken4granted
how recent are we looking at? I purchase mine a little while back but it hasn't been installed. is there a way to check before it is installed?

If I remember correctly, yours was bought @ 2 months ago...right? If so, no..you are good to go.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gen414
Again, you are NOT reading or understanding what I am saying. I NEVER said that you could NOT do it, I just said it was SILLY to do it, to try and make a stock one adjustable, because it does NOT fix the problem

The adjustability of it is NOT (and will say it again, NOT THE PROBLEM WITH THE STOCK UNIT) it is fluid displacement (again, LACK OF) and you can throw in a 20 ft adjustment on it, and NOT gonna fix anything.

You add adjustment, for FEEL/Driver comfort...WHERE they want the pedal to release, and that's it.

If you want to make a stock one adjustable, go right ahead, and one thing I can guarantee is it will NOT make your clutch perform ANY BETTER.
I already posted i knew that the tick and other aftermarket adjustable masters flowed more fluid. Not once did i ever say making the stock one adjustable would cure the problem or even help i just stated it could be done. Nor did i ever say i was gonna go through the work of doing it, b/c i think it would be a waste of time. However I have posted 3 or so times now asking why Jonathan at tick would use a shim in monster clutches when they are made not to use them and you have not answered? I know steve does not frequent this board so if he answers then great.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

Every car is a lil different...it is always a good habit to measure!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

I already posted i knew that the tick and other aftermarket adjustable masters flowed more fluid. Not once did i ever say making the stock one adjustable would cure the problem or even help i just stated it could be done. Nor did i ever say i was gonna go through the work of doing it, b/c i think it would be a waste of time. However I have posted 3 or so times now asking why Jonathan at tick would use a shim in monster clutches when they are made not to use them and you have not answered? I know steve does not frequent this board so if he answers then great.
Interesting, thats the opposite of what he says....

And below is a post from TICK.

In our experience:

Monster Clutches do NOT need shimmed
Textralia Clutches do NOT need shimmed
LS7 Clutches do NOT need shimmed
SPEC clutches do need shimmed

But don't take our word for it guys, when in doubt: measure!
www.TickPerformance.com
www.TICKshift.com
I think you are a whiner.... if yours is not one of the batch, why keep hounding them in this thread? It seemed like steve was willing to take a look at it, it's your problem if you dont take him up on it.

Seems like someone always wants a free lunch......
Old 09-06-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BADD SS
Interesting, thats the opposite of what he says....
I think you are a whiner.... if yours is not one of the batch, why keep hounding them in this thread? It seemed like steve was willing to take a look at it, it's your problem if you dont take him up on it.

Seems like someone always wants a free lunch......
and i think you need to read and not just jump in here and post your worthless opinion. Look i can do it too....I think you just came in here to try and prove me wrong(See this is the opinion part)....Now im gonna throw it right back in ur face. Try reading the quote from another thread that jonathon posted in that another member made about a monster clutch issue and have fun! Now unless your going to answer my question of the shim dont reply.

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
When you installed the clutch did you check the clearance between the tob and pp for a shim. I know Monster states that thier clutches don't require a shim but I have installed quite a few and I have installed shims with all of them. I have seen .25" of gap which is quite a lot without a shim.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:27 AM
10 Second Club

and i think you need to read and not just jump in here and post your worthless opinion. Look i can do it too....I think you just came in here to try and prove me wrong(See this is the opinion part)....Now im gonna throw it right back in ur face. Try reading the quote from another thread that jonathon posted in that another member made about a monster clutch issue and have fun! Now unless your going to answer my question of the shim dont reply.

Youre a real douche...

If YOU think you need a shim put one in instead of bitching about it you tool.... Obviously 1 person says you need it, 1 says you dont from the same company, thats interesting.....

Regardless, i'll reply to any dumb *** post I want.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BADD SS
Youre a real douche...

If YOU think you need a shim put one in instead of bitching about it you tool.... Obviously 1 person says you need it, 1 says you dont from the same company, thats interesting.....

Regardless, i'll reply to any dumb *** post I want.
I was going to make a reply, but since this is not the right place to start a bitch fest im just going to say this. I like how low you need to sink to try and call someone a name over an internet forum b/c you just got owned. Again if you did any real reading on these clutches, Steve from SNL himself has post that these clutches DO NOT NEED SHIMS, and if they measure to need one you should not install and contact him immediately. These clutches do not come with shims like specs do therefore obviously there is an issue if you do need one plus the additional cost of having to buy a shim b/c they arent supplied. So please dont respond unless your going to answer with a decent reply along with a logical answer instead of just calling someone a dumbass when you cant even explain the discrepancy.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

3 pages....2 of which it's 1 person bitching.
Get back on topic please. PM's work btw.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

However I have posted 3 or so times now asking why Jonathan at tick would use a shim in monster clutches when they are made not to use them and you have not answered? I know steve does not frequent this board so if he answers then great.
Could not tell you why Jonathan uses them, as I am not TICK.

I have never installed a shim, and never had any problems.

I am doing a Level VI on Tues this week, will update then, but again, I don't expect the need for one since I have yet to use one to this point.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Chris05ssTruck
3 pages....2 of which it's 1 person bitching.
Get back on topic please. PM's work btw.

Hey Chris...how did everything else turn out for ya. Send me a PM if ya will when ya get a chance.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

my heavily abused Tex OZ700 and 500+hp car has held up fine with well over 20k miles. stock MC and slave (its an 02) and no problems at all EVER! never missed any gears no sticking NOTHING at all. i really want to try a monster next as i think my Tex may finally may be showing signs of early slipping but these problems make me weary. i understand the excellent customer service but whats that mean if there are "normal" type problems with this clutch? i recal laying my disk on my pressure plate aslo and it was at full contact all around unlike some of the photos posted of some pucks not making 100% contact at rest. little things make me skeptical especially when it comes to clutches but hopefully some ppl can convince me to try out monster next.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by C Murda
. i really want to try a monster next as i think my Tex may finally may be showing signs of early slipping but these problems make me weary. i understand the excellent customer service but whats that mean if there are "normal" type problems with this clutch? i recal laying my disk on my pressure plate aslo and it was at full contact all around unlike some of the photos posted of some pucks not making 100% contact at rest. little things make me skeptical especially when it comes to clutches but hopefully some ppl can convince me to try out monster next.

Well, only thing I can tell you is that out of over 2000+ units out, they ran into a small batch (20+ units) that have had a problem, and 100% of those 20+ units are being addressed. So, 1980+ units out there before AND after that batch with nothing but good things to say....
This is the ABSOLUTE first hiccup that Monster has run into into the 18-24 months they have been out...pretty good numbers if you ask me.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gen414
If I remember correctly, yours was bought @ 2 months ago...right? If so, no..you are good to go.
yup in june
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

WOW, thats awesome customer service.......I know who im buying a clutch from when its time, MONSTER fo sho
Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Taken4granted
yup in june

yeah, your fine.

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch Co.