Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch Co.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to single out Derrick @ Morris Motorsports and thank him for fielding these questions for you guys. Derrick is one of our best dealers, hands down!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Steve - just to update you.

I have about 1500miles on my clutch and well over 50 passes at the track (half of them are hotlaps).

My Level 3 just continues to take the punishment I give it.

I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nocooler

I have about 1500miles on my clutch and well over 50 passes at the track (half of them are hotlaps).

I couldn't be happier.
Thanks a ton man!

I know some will take this recall as a declining moment for Monster. I, on the other hand, think of this as a way we are showing you guys that we do in fact back our product and will do everything in our power to take care of you guys!

The fact that our clutches are bad *** and take tremendous amounts of abuse at the track is just icing on the cake.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve this is Josh that bought from mike yeagar... i will be giving you a call tomorrow as i have had a lot happen since then :-/
Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by miller456
I do realize there are other adj. masters out there, in fact you can make the stock master adjustable if you want to for pretty cheap. There was a write up somewhere on that also. However if a company is going to claim that just b/c their clutch is beefier than my last setup and that i will most likely need an adjustable is absurd and costly if you want a decent unit.

This still does not answer my question as to how many people use a stock master on spec level 3+ and 4s with no problems which are in fact above a monster level 3. It also does not answer the discrepency in why tick installs shims on monster clutches when they are specifically designed not to use a shim. My car shift through the gear just fine during normal driving. The problem is WOT, it simply will not hit the gear unless i let up on the throttle to shift. The clutch has pressure even with the brake pedal which is exactly where it should, however the clutch does not actually feel like its disengaging till half way to the floor. To me this feels like a shim should be installed, but once again the motor is out of the car and does me not good to look at this point.
I see that Steve has already handled your situation but I have seen you make this claim that Spec clutches are above Monster.. do you have any proof of this or are you just saying that because you are one of a very minute percentage that have had problems with a Monster clutch?

Steve as always you have the best customer service of any clutch company I have seen and if my problem turns out to be in the clutch I have and not in the tune than you will be receiving a call from me
Old 09-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Banned

I couldn't be happier.
Same here.

On the stock hydraulics too, no problems. Getting a good bleed and keeping clean fluid is important.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
I'd like to single out Derrick @ Morris Motorsports and thank him for fielding these questions for you guys. Derrick is one of our best dealers, hands down!

Thanks Steve....I try and do my part to hold teh fort down @ here. I know you guys are swamped beyond belief, and is hard for you to get on here and respond on a daily basis. But, I do it for a few other reasons as well:

To show the guys (and gals) on LS1tech that we (my shop) try and provide the absolute best customer service as well, and if you buy a Monster Clutch FROM ANY VENDOR, I will be happy to assist them in anyway that we can if the vendor they bought from is unavailable (or if they just want to talk to us instead). I will MAKE TIME for ANY MONSTER customer, regardless of where he/she bought from (and really, if you have a problem of any sort, regardless of what product it is, I make time for you guys and gals).

And, because I am a firm advocate of Monster (obviously), and that is the only clutch I sell, I want our current (and future) customers to know that when it comes to a clutch for their car, there is just but one choice, Monster, because of the product AND customer service.

So, many props to Steve and guys for stepping up, and tackling this head on, and not dodging it. As long as you guys continue to offer this type of service, I will continue to "do my part" as well.
Thanks all!
Derrick
Old 09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

tried to call you earlier Steve and left a msg. Please call me back whenever you get a chance
Old 10-01-2009, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Steve I just sent you an email. I believe some of your clutches may have been having the same issues that were shipped last year.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by -=Modified=-
Steve I just sent you an email. I believe some of your clutches may have been having the same issues that were shipped last year.

Uh, no.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks a ton man!

I know some will take this recall as a declining moment for Monster. I, on the other hand, think of this as a way we are showing you guys that we do in fact back our product and will do everything in our power to take care of you guys!

The fact that our clutches are bad *** and take tremendous amounts of abuse at the track is just icing on the cake.
Steve,

just another update.

I made seventeen passes at the track on Sunday - yes 17!

The clutch didn't even flinch - it begged for more. Powershifting it was a breeze.

Jeremy
Old 10-13-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Steve,

just another update.

I made seventeen passes at the track on Sunday - yes 17!

The clutch didn't even flinch - it begged for more. Powershifting it was a breeze.

Jeremy
Steve just a quick update for you,

My new clutch is still wrapped in the packaging havent even cut the tape to open them. The clutch hasnt even flinched imagine that. Power shifting has been a little tough lately though, might have to call you bout that LOL j/k man.

On a side note, steve got me taken care of and got the new clutch out to me. I think he's gonna be reaming UPS a new hole though for leaving my clutch in front of the wrong apt. complex for one and two just leaving it sit on the floor in the hallway and not even having to sign for it.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second this 100%. I bought my clutch from Monster directly, and it was installed in Washington State. And when I moved back to Houston TX, I contacted Derrick from Morris Motorsports and Derrick offered to help me in any way he can. He's ABSOLUTLY going above and beyond. He realizes that we're not all experts with this stuff, and takes the time to talk to me making sure I completely understand everything we're doing.. I've built many many many hot rods and race cars, and I've commissioned many of the top mechanics and tuners to help me from all over America, literally. And after dealing with Derrick, I've definitely added him to my arsenal of builders for my next project...

Thanks Derrick "Morris Motorsports" and Steve and the guys from Monster.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Do these clutch need an adjustable master or can you use your stock one? if so what master would you guys suggest thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99 black ss sj
Do these clutch need an adjustable master or can you use your stock one? if so what master would you guys suggest thanks
Absolutely not. You do not need an adjustable MC for a MONSTER clutch.

Read this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-its-done.html
Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True, an adjustable mc isnt required. But a nice Tick MC would enable you to take FULL advantage of the performance of your performance clutch.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i will have derrick rebuild my t56 and i will move up a monster for next clutch.
my spec started slipping bad and im sure contributed to the damage caused to my t56
Old 10-16-2009, 11:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by charlie c5
I second this 100%. I bought my clutch from Monster directly, and it was installed in Washington State. And when I moved back to Houston TX, I contacted Derrick from Morris Motorsports and Derrick offered to help me in any way he can. He's ABSOLUTLY going above and beyond. He realizes that we're not all experts with this stuff, and takes the time to talk to me making sure I completely understand everything we're doing.. I've built many many many hot rods and race cars, and I've commissioned many of the top mechanics and tuners to help me from all over America, literally. And after dealing with Derrick, I've definitely added him to my arsenal of builders for my next project...

Thanks Derrick "Morris Motorsports" and Steve and the guys from Monster.

Thanks Charlie for the kind words (again), means ALOT coming from people such as yourself...down to earth, good people, very friendly, and just all around, good guy. My pleasure taken care of you...we will get you wrapped up soon enough and enjoying that bad boy...

No, you do not, BUT....(see below)

Originally Posted by Fun-Formula98
Absolutely not. You do not need an adjustable MC for a MONSTER clutch.

Read this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-its-done.html
This is true^^^^, but so is this (read below)

Originally Posted by charlie c5
True, an adjustable mc isnt required. But a nice Tick MC would enable you to take FULL advantage of the performance of your performance clutch.

That is correct (what Charlie jsut said), and you guys can check my thread (Monster level 6 and stock MC) for better details in the morning, and I will explain my "testing" that I performed on this very topic, for this very reason. Stay tuned (again, follow my thread, and check in morning)

Originally Posted by NemeSS
i will have derrick rebuild my t56 and i will move up a monster for next clutch.
my spec started slipping bad and im sure contributed to the damage caused to my t56

I am ready when YOU are
Old 10-17-2009, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Steve- I bought my Lvl 3 clutch and flywheel from you in Feb. I put about 500 miles on it in 3 days, loved it.
Made 4 or 5 passes on it at the track in march, clutch didn't even flinch, and then my rear decided it didn't like the clutch. So we'll see how it holds up on the new setup after my deployment is over.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by IWGF
Steve- I bought my Lvl 3 clutch and flywheel from you in Feb. I put about 500 miles on it in 3 days, loved it.
Made 4 or 5 passes on it at the track in march, clutch didn't even flinch, and then my rear decided it didn't like the clutch. So we'll see how it holds up on the new setup after my deployment is over.

Not that I am Steve (well, some may argue that ) I am glad you are enjoying your clutch, even though your rear end is bye bye...

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch Co.