Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed Tick Master and now....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update. The guys at Tick know their sh*t.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a stage 3 spec with about 800 miles on it... i thot i could just use the stick master for a while but i was way wrong... Finally ordered the tick MC and put it on... Like a night and day difference... I would recommend the tick anyday... Only problem... is adjusting it... i dont know what im looking for or what it is suppose to feel like when adjusting... i just kinda adjusted it ti where it could go into gear at all and then went from there til i could get it into gear smoothly... that wrong?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshuaCole67
i have a stage 3 spec with about 800 miles on it... i thot i could just use the stick master for a while but i was way wrong... Finally ordered the tick MC and put it on... Like a night and day difference... I would recommend the tick anyday... Only problem... is adjusting it... i dont know what im looking for or what it is suppose to feel like when adjusting... i just kinda adjusted it ti where it could go into gear at all and then went from there til i could get it into gear smoothly... that wrong?

Did your stock master have the drill mod?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaCole67
Sounds like you adjusted it right man.

Well my car is shifting smooth and the clutch peddle feels good again. What a relief.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Launching!

No i was gonna ask yall wat that was!?! I have heard about it but never really seen or talked about it...
Old 05-08-2010, 11:20 AM
9 Second Club

So another update. Pedal still feels ok however, it is sticking at high rpm's. The clutch only has about 5k on it but it is a stock LS6 replacement. I did spray a 100 shot on the car a few times recently, think that could have toasted the clutch? When I had the tranny out a few weeks ago everything on the clutch assembly looked perfect. I am kicking myself for not replacing the slave when the tranny was out, but could that cause the problem of a sticking pedal too? Everything has been replace besides that.

Also when the car is off and I push the clutch in and get a "squeak" sound coming from somewhere. Sounds like it is coming from the tranny area. There is also a clunk noise coming from the firewall/master area. I am going to take out the master and reinstall it to see if that fixes the clunking sound. The squeak I am not sure about.

Any ideas? I will report back once I get the master out and reinstalled. Thanks guys.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the squeak is probably the pressure plate springs actuating. youll have to check the clunk...
Old 05-08-2010, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

I would recommend not to take it back to the same shop if you found the problem was exactly what they said it couldn't be...

Side note...my dad didn't listen to me when I told him this and he has had his mustang back to the same shop 4 times now and it is still having issues and the shop is still taking money from my dad...just saying that thick headed people don't get very far...dad=fail for giving away money to transmission shop...shop=win/fail cause they get a repeat customer giving them money so they can keep f%cking up the trans...

Just saying it is your hard earned money. good luck in your venture sir!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:05 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah I never took it back to that shop.

Everything was fine after we got everything back together. Now all the sudden I am getting the sticky pedal on the 3-4 shift. Tick master, clutch that has maybe 5k on it, and I still get the pedal sticking. The slave is the original and I should have changed that when I had the tranny out but didn't. Can that cause the pedal to stick when it is on it's way out?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Next time your drop your transmission, replacing the slave is a good idea.

Luk is the company that produces the OEM pressure plates for GM.
Valeo produces the OEM disc most of the time.

For a street driven car the LS7 clutch is fine.
For more extreme driving conditions many folks here on Tech and abroad have had great success
with the Monster line of clutches.

This link may also help keep your shifting performance optimal.
http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html

Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Launching!

tha link actually kinda helped a little... only problem i am having is if my clutch is suppose to make a whine noise.. kinda like a supercharger when i take off somewhere between 1500-?... i cant hear it over my exhaust past like 3000

Quick Reply: Installed Tick Master and now....