Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP, were can I find hydraulic fittings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, were can I find hydraulic fittings?

Im in the process of installing my clutch.

Im trying to install the tick remote bleeder But the CTS-V slave has a diffrent size and thread then the vette and f-body slave ...

Tick told me they havent installed one on a ctsv slave in my packing slip, wish they told me before they shipped but owell...

Were can I find a fiting like this ? I need the male/male one that goes from the slave to the hose...

Im going to check my hardware store, and maybe F.W.webb but i was wondering if someone knows were I should check .

Thanks

Last edited by maxspeed96ct; 11-03-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find a local hydraulic hose shop. Like a company that would make hydraulic hoses for heavy equipment. They normally have alot of special fittings too. If they don't have it on the shelf they should be able to order it. Hope this helps
Old 11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

the guy at my local hydrolic shop looked at me like I was crazy, they guy didnt realy seem very helpfull.

Looks like Ill be bleeding the old way, and im going to have to send this thing back to tick...
Old 11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had to make a few this year.It can be done but you needto weld 2 fittings together.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:16 PM
FormerVendor

Call the guys at Monster Clutch, I know they have some custom fittings but not sure if its the one your needing.

Last edited by Gforce Engineering; 11-03-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:39 PM
FormerVendor

Can you post a picture of the fitting in question? We offer the std GM quick disconnect fittings in both male and female versions. We also have the older roll pin style fittings as well as the new o ring style fittings.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

After searching all day all making lots of phone calls, I lost hope .

Put the trans together with the new slave and the original old school bleeder...

Billy its not a o ring style, its threaded... The tick male to male fiting I got has M10 threads then the other end threads into the bleeder hose
The V slave have very fine M8 threads... Ill take a pic tomoro of what I have just to maybe help someone else, I cant have anymore down time i need to get the car back on the road.

And monster runs the LS7 slave so they dont run into this problem, wish I spent the extra cash on the LS7 slave but I wasnt 100% on fitment and shims ... ( not sure what monster does to make it work)

one again I just gotta add again the stock bleeder is in a tight fucken spot !!

Will I have to re-bleed after a few hundred miles or if Im thorough with it the first try I should be ok ?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
After searching all day all making lots of phone calls, I lost hope .

Put the trans together with the new slave and the original old school bleeder...

Billy its not a o ring style, its threaded... The tick male to male fiting I got has M10 threads then the other end threads into the bleeder hose
The V slave have very fine M8 threads... Ill take a pic tomoro of what I have just to maybe help someone else, I cant have anymore down time i need to get the car back on the road.

And monster runs the LS7 slave so they dont run into this problem, wish I spent the extra cash on the LS7 slave but I wasnt 100% on fitment and shims ... ( not sure what monster does to make it work)

one again I just gotta add again the stock bleeder is in a tight fucken spot !!

Will I have to re-bleed after a few hundred miles or if Im thorough with it the first try I should be ok ?
If you get ALL the air out the first time around, you should be good to go. Dean
Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

If you didn't install a new slave, and haven't installed trans yet, I would get a new slave. With the problems they can cause, fairly cheap insurance, in my opionion. Lots of work for $125 part . Just my opionion, Dean
Old 11-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DeanJ
If you didn't install a new slave, and haven't installed trans yet, I would get a new slave. With the problems they can cause, fairly cheap insurance, in my opionion. Lots of work for $125 part . Just my opionion, Dean
it yes I did put a new slave ...
I didnt realize How importnat a remote bleeder was till i got my hands in there..

and I didnt notice the threads were diffrent till I pulled the trans out and went to install the tick
Old 11-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Banned

UPDATE : i think tick just sent me the wrong fitings, they must have sent me the F-body bleeder when the CTS-V has the same salve fiting as the C5 vette and Z06 , i keep resaerching and the LAPD c5 bleeder fits the CTS-v ...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
UPDATE : i think tick just sent me the wrong fitings, they must have sent me the F-body bleeder when the CTS-V has the same salve fiting as the C5 vette and Z06 , i keep resaerching and the LAPD c5 bleeder fits the CTS-v ...

from what I have learned, that is correct maxspeed, CTS should be teh same as teh Vette.

yeah, that standard bleeder is a PIA!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Banned

Ended up bleeding old school and everything is working fine for now, just took it out for a short ride.... but I hope I never have to do it again..

you guys dont know how good you have it with remote bleeders lol