Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Tick Master Cylinder Leaks!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Tick Master Cylinder Leaks!

I have a tick master cylinder on my car and I love it! I am doing a build for my friend and just tried to bleed his clutch. Turns out master cylinder is leaking fluid all over the floor and it wasn't from the reservoir hose. It is brand new so hopefully you guys at Tick Performance can tell me how to fix it. I am going to pull it out and check it out tomorrow. Looks like it is leaking where the braided line connects to master.

His build thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...c-build-5.html

Last edited by AFASTYZFR1; 03-18-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

No one has anything to say? Especially from Tick Performance...?

I mean my buddy bought a tick master cylinder and you sent one for a vette even though it said 2000 camaro on the receipt. He had to pay the extra shipping costs to return the first one and then you send one that leaks and can't respond to a thread....WTF
Old 03-21-2010, 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well their shop is closed on Sundays I am sure. This is not a way to contact a business, thur a forum. I would call them and leave them a voice mail with a return and number with your issuse, and I am sure that they will return your call Monday morning. I would like to see pictures if you can get a camera down you where you say it is leaking.
-Sean-
Old 03-21-2010, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RsSean
Well their shop is closed on Sundays I am sure. This is not a way to contact a business, thur a forum. I would call them and leave them a voice mail with a return and number with your issuse, and I am sure that they will return your call Monday morning. I would like to see pictures if you can get a camera down you where you say it is leaking.
-Sean-
I will be giving them a call next week....and if you noticed I posted this last Thursday.....If it was a positive thread about their product they would have already jumped in but hopefully we get it straight because I love the tick master cylinder on my car!
Old 03-21-2010, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They will make it right. Joey and Jonathan are both stand up guys.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RsSean
-Sean-
+1. A call to the vendor would have been the way to go. That is a direct means and chances are you would have had your answer by now.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
I have a tick master cylinder on my car and I love it! I am doing a build for my friend and just tried to bleed his clutch. Turns out master cylinder is leaking fluid all over the floor and it wasn't from the reservoir hose. It is brand new so hopefully you guys at Tick Performance can tell me how to fix it. I am going to pull it out and check it out tomorrow. Looks like it is leaking where the braided line connects to master.

His build thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...c-build-5.html
If its leaking where the braided line attatches tighen it up.

I usually log on here atleast once a day to check pm's, but I rarely search the board for threads that mention us.....
Old 03-22-2010, 09:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
If its leaking where the braided line attatches tighen it up.

I usually log on here atleast once a day to check pm's, but I rarely search the board for threads that mention us.....
Its straight....I will try to tighten it up and hopefully that fixes it and I don't have to pull it out....If it doesn't work I will call later this week
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Its straight....I will try to tighten it up and hopefully that fixes it and I don't have to pull it out....If it doesn't work I will call later this week
Theres a blue earls fitting that screws to the end of the master than can be tightened with an 11/16" wrench. Then a braided -4 line screws to that and can be tighened with a 9/16" wrench.
I tighten them all before they leave so they are positioned correctly (on the f-bodies). Theres a chance it could have been broken lose when installed....
Old 03-22-2010, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Theres a blue earls fitting that screws to the end of the master than can be tightened with an 11/16" wrench. Then a braided -4 line screws to that and can be tighened with a 9/16" wrench.
I tighten them all before they leave so they are positioned correctly (on the f-bodies). Theres a chance it could have been broken lose when installed....
Motor was out of the car when it was installed and it slid right in without knocking anything loose but thanks, I will check it out later today
Old 03-22-2010, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

Haha, I know there was a reason I posted this here......even if you want to call them the line is always busy
Old 03-22-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, I know there was a reason I posted this here......even if you want to call them the line is always busy
I called today and got thru right away as I ordered my MC....looks like luck isn't on your side there. I think this thread is the ONLY complaint I have read on the MC and Tick.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Titanws6
I called today and got thru right away as I ordered my MC....looks like luck isn't on your side there. I think this thread is the ONLY complaint I have read on the MC and Tick.
Don't get me wrong.....I love my tick master cylinder in my car.....but first I am sent a corvette master cylinder and now a leaking f-body one.....that's just ridiculous .....then when I got them on the phone all they could say was get a picture.....uhh the brake fluid is everywhere and it's kind of in a tight spot for a camera......I will most likely just take it off the car and let owner deal with them
Old 03-23-2010, 04:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

So you posted here before calling them and seeing if they would take care of it?

Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Don't get me wrong.....I love my tick master cylinder in my car.....but first I am sent a corvette master cylinder and now a leaking f-body one.....that's just ridiculous .....then when I got them on the phone all they could say was get a picture.....uhh the brake fluid is everywhere and it's kind of in a tight spot for a camera......I will most likely just take it off the car and let owner deal with them
When you order a cylinder for a vette, thats what we send you. It amazes me how many people will order the vette one because its cheaper, then call back to ask why it doesn't fit their camaro...

As for the leak, I have told you what to do to fix it. We get a lot of calls, and we've only got one line and one guy answering it. I'm not sure when you got us on the phone, but the way this thread reads it seems that I've given you the suggest method to fix your issue before you even tried to call.

I appologize for any trouble you've had getting us on the phone, but until you try to tighten the line theres not much else anyone can do...
Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

When you order a cylinder for a vette, thats what we send you. It amazes me how many people will order the vette one because its cheaper, then call back to ask why it doesn't fit their camaro...

As for the leak, I have told you what to do to fix it. We get a lot of calls, and we've only got one line and one guy answering it. I'm not sure when you got us on the phone, but the way this thread reads it seems that I've given you the suggest method to fix your issue before you even tried to call.

I appologize for any trouble you've had getting us on the phone, but until you try to tighten the line theres not much else anyone can do...
It said 2000 camaro on the receipt but I'm not here to argue anymore....its a great product , I just want it sorted out..... I did try to tighten the braided line ect and that was not where it is leaking from. It is leaking from the white plastic piece that the reservoir connects to. But my buddy who owns car will be giving you a call to sort things out. I am going to remove it from car today
Old 03-23-2010, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Got master cylinder out...looks like the white plastic piece that the reservoir connects to has a hairline crack. I don't know if got damaged while installing it or if was damaged before hand. Either way Tick is sending a replacement cap

Edit: Got a magnifying lens on it and it has a pin size hole in it......maybe was a manufacturing defect

Last edited by AFASTYZFR1; 03-23-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Tick Master Cylinder Leaks!