Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tick master cylinder problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tick master cylinder problem

i have a tick master cylinder installed and it works great, BUT, there is an inch or maybe more of dead play at the top of the pedal that i cannot seem to get rid of.

suggestions for how to solve this???

thanks
tony
Old 03-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Launching!

Is your clutch pedal slightly lower then the brake pedal?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

no, its much lower

its so much lower, that the cruise control isn't working because the pedal doesn't come up high enough to engage the sensor.

tony
Old 03-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Launching!

I would try bringing it up so the clutch pedal is only slightly lower then the brake pedal then go from there. From what i have read on here that is the starting point for adjusting the clutch pedal.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can pop the end of the sensor out for the cruise, has two peices that fit through where it holds it in. Squeeze them together then its out and you can adjust it.

The play in the clutch pedal is about the same on mine so i think its fine. I think if you twist the sensor in far enough that it will restrict the play in the pedal, I don't care enough to do it myself but if it bothers you that much then that is what i suggest to fix it.

Hope this helps man.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:28 AM
TECH Regular

yeah its pretty annoying.

i have the cruise control adjusted all the way out, and its still about 2 inches short of the pedal.

not too worried about the cruise, i can rig something up later. but would like to get all this free play adjusted out.

tony
Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 AM
11 Second Club

Mine is the same way. I tried a mity vac thinking I still had air in the system, that didnt help. Now there is a noise coming from were my tc is, it sounds like fluid bubbling. I hope I didn't reverse a seal in the mc.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
yeah its pretty annoying.

i have the cruise control adjusted all the way out, and its still about 2 inches short of the pedal.

not too worried about the cruise, i can rig something up later. but would like to get all this free play adjusted out.

tony
Good lord man you must have the pedal on the floor, mine is right at where the brake pedal is and its working great but to each his own. I really dont know what else you can do.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're gonna get a CEL if you leave your cruise control sensor that way. At least I did.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

nmass399,

with it adjusted that far out, how much play do you have before the pedal grabs?

what made you adjust it that far out? the directions tell you to adjust it all the way to the floor, and then lengthen the rod until the shifter will slide into gear. then go drive, and lengthen as necessary for high rpm shifts.

tony
Old 03-27-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
nmass399,

with it adjusted that far out, how much play do you have before the pedal grabs?

what made you adjust it that far out? the directions tell you to adjust it all the way to the floor, and then lengthen the rod until the shifter will slide into gear. then go drive, and lengthen as necessary for high rpm shifts.

tony
It has about 2 inches of travel before it starts to disengage the clutch from the top. If i come from the floor its about 3 and a half inches before the clutch starts to grab and move the car. The clutch pedal is almost dead even with the brake pedal.

I will note that my clutch will not fully disengage and i think the cause is the quicktime bellhousing with the motor plate is a little longer than the stock one. This is causing the slave to not have enough travel to fully disengage the clutch thus needing a shim. Just a theory.

But i can shift like a **** at high rpm without liffting but its very very hard to get into reverse and not as easy as it should be to get into first.

Quick Reply: tick master cylinder problem