Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pro 50 junk Leaking trans atf

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pro 50 junk Leaking trans atf

My pro 50 that i have has been leaking my atf like crazy. Blows past the base and the seal anyone else have this problem??? time to get a MGW....
Old 10-20-2010, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Could try smearing some silicone sealant on the base of the shifter. Give it time to dry and it should be good to go.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know how the MGW would solve this, seeing as it bolts to the trans in the exact same fashion as the Pro 5.0. What are you using to seal the base? It sounds like you need to remove it, and put some more silicone in there to seal it.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

its leaking from the shifter handle and the base not the base i am no fool or tech dip ****. its the plastic piv point thats leaking so silicone wont fix it. and a mgw will fix it if its a better part. un like this 50 junk.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

You said it was leaking from the base so i figured it was leaking from the base since i've had that problem and fixed it with some silicone. I have not however had my shifter leak through the handle. Sounds like you already know what to do though...
Old 10-20-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whatever is leaking they may sell a part to replace it. I know you can get a spring rebuild for the Pro 5.0.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you saying its blowing up through the grease and all??

There's not much to the shifter. I used some rubber sheet to seal the base to the trans, and nothing else besides the silicone sealant that they goob in there from the factory. No leaks what so ever. I didnt even know that much fulid came up into the shifter box area.

Pretty simple in there.

J.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
I didnt even know that much fulid came up into the shifter box area.
From the looks of his signature picture the car leaves really nice! So the fluid is going to slosh inside the transmissions causing a lot of fluid to end up in the shifter box. A thin piece of rubber with a small hole for the shifter rod to come through would do the trick to keep fluid off the bottom of the shifter itself, and it would act as a gasket between the shifter and transmissions.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
From the looks of his signature picture the car leaves really nice! So the fluid is going to slosh inside the transmissions causing a lot of fluid to end up in the shifter box. A thin piece of rubber with a small hole for the shifter rod to come through would do the trick to keep fluid off the bottom of the shifter itself, and it would act as a gasket between the shifter and transmissions.
yeah i was thinking about that Jeremy. Car leaves good i am just kinda pissed because i also drive the car alot. And from the fluid leak the whole under side of the car is caked after every track trip 200+ miles round trip and yes i drive my car to the track race it and drive back. and after that drive trans fluid is leaking out of it..... And what is Rpm want for a bad *** M6 now i am looking at going face plated???

Rob
Old 10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
yeah i was thinking about that Jeremy. Car leaves good i am just kinda pissed because i also drive the car alot. And from the fluid leak the whole under side of the car is caked after every track trip 200+ miles round trip and yes i drive my car to the track race it and drive back. and after that drive trans fluid is leaking out of it..... And what is Rpm want for a bad *** M6 now i am looking at going face plated???

Rob

Driving it to and from the track is the only way to go! I loved driving my SS to the track running 11.0s with the trailered bracket cars and driving it home.

Are you running straight ATF in the transmission? I run Royal Purple synchromax in my faceplated T56, granted my car only 60ft in the mid 1.5s but I never had any slosh issues or leaks with my Pro 5.0 shifter.

As for the faceplated T56 Ill work you up a total in the morning. Faceplating my T56 was the best money I ever spent on it (it was actually cheaper because my entire transmission was worn out hahaha), I'll never have a synchronized transmission in a drag oriented car again!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Driving it to and from the track is the only way to go! I loved driving my SS to the track running 11.0s with the trailered bracket cars and driving it home.

Are you running straight ATF in the transmission? I run Royal Purple synchromax in my faceplated T56, granted my car only 60ft in the mid 1.5s but I never had any slosh issues or leaks with my Pro 5.0 shifter.

As for the faceplated T56 Ill work you up a total in the morning. Faceplating my T56 was the best money I ever spent on it (it was actually cheaper because my entire transmission was worn out hahaha), I'll never have a synchronized transmission in a drag oriented car again!
Good deal i am looking to do low 1.3x 60's next year with my new setup and i want my trans done as well because it still stock haha

Quick Reply: Pro 50 junk Leaking trans atf