Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Disengage Issue..Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Disengage Issue..Please Help

Ok, I want to start off and say I have a 00 Ta with a freshly rebuilt t56....I put a brand new textralia clutch in it, with a Tickshift master cylinder and a new slave cylinder with the speed bleed setup.
I was driving the car one night really hard on the street...donuts and such things and high speeds.

When I pulled up to a light...I pulled the car in neutral...When the light turned green I tried to put the car in gear.....PEDAL WAS SOFT...wouldnt go back into gear.

I therefore had to start the car in second gear and cruise to my place which was only down the road.

I bled the fluid hoping it would stiffen the pedal back up....but I am still moving fluid through the speed bleeder line...My question is could the slave cylinder still be my problem possibly? It was brand new with maybe 3,000 miles but probably hard miles....Have you guys ever heard of one failing so new? Or could this be a clutch problem? Thank you for looking...
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is your pedal, relative to the brake. Might have over extended the slave.

The master could still be flowing fluid through the lines, but the seal on the slave is bad and not allowing it to build pressure and/or disengage the clutch
Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Teching In

I dont have a tick MC so i cant speak from experience, but ive heard of others over-extending the slave because it was not shimmed properly or the tick MC was not adjusted correctly. Might wanna look into that.

Is there a way to replace the seal on the slave or do you just keep buying up new ones every time you replace the clutch. seems like a waste of money.

Last edited by Brians602; 02-26-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brians602
I dont have a tick MC so i cant speak from experience, but ive heard of others over-extending the slave because it was not shimmed properly or the tick MC was not adjusted correctly. Might wanna look into that.

Is there a way to replace the seal on the slave or do you just keep buying up new ones every time you replace the clutch. seems like a waste of money.
May seem like a waste to you, but it seems like cheap insurance to me.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems like your master
Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Teching In

I have a question though, If my slave cylinder is over extended wouldnt I see clutch fluid underneath the transmission? I do have a blow proof bellhousing, but there isnt a gasket between the transmission and the bellhousing so dont you think the fluid would seep through?
Thanks for all the help!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 00JDAws6
Ok, I want to start off and say I have a 00 Ta with a freshly rebuilt t56....I put a brand new textralia clutch in it, with a Tickshift master cylinder and a new slave cylinder with the speed bleed setup.
I was driving the car one night really hard on the street...donuts and such things and high speeds.

When I pulled up to a light...I pulled the car in neutral...When the light turned green I tried to put the car in gear.....PEDAL WAS SOFT...wouldnt go back into gear.

I therefore had to start the car in second gear and cruise to my place which was only down the road.

I bled the fluid hoping it would stiffen the pedal back up....but I am still moving fluid through the speed bleeder line...My question is could the slave cylinder still be my problem possibly? It was brand new with maybe 3,000 miles but probably hard miles....Have you guys ever heard of one failing so new? Or could this be a clutch problem? Thank you for looking...
It does sound like the slave. There doesnt have to show signs of fluid leak outside of the transmission. If in fact the slave was over extended then there could be an internal leak. As far as replacing them every time there is a clutch install.... well, I look at it like I can replace the slave OR the tranny and clutch. Keeping a fresh slave is a no brainer for me.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah replace it everytime.

They're only around $65...unless you like pulling the tranny

Quick Reply: Clutch Disengage Issue..Please Help