Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

mcloed rxt

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mcloed rxt

i just installed a mcleod rxt clutch with hinson motor and trans mounts in my c6 corvette. I'm getting a lot of neutral noise... when i push in the clutch it goes away. is this normal? does anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

mine makes no noises, I would look into it before running it more, might be something loose.
No idea on thouse mounts, I have polys and the 1st few days they vibrate a little but dose not change with the clutch in or out so I dont think they have anything to do with it.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slowc6
i just installed a mcleod rxt clutch with hinson motor and trans mounts in my c6 corvette. I'm getting a lot of neutral noise... when i push in the clutch it goes away. is this normal? does anyone else have this problem?
Sounds like backlash on the gears if it's only doing it in nuetral.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Billy M
Sounds like backlash on the gears if it's only doing it in nuetral.
It only happens when in neutral with the clutch out. When you push the clutch in it goes away. Is that normal can anything be done to make it go away. Some people tell me it's normal with a twin disk

Last edited by slowc6; 05-23-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Subscribing... I have an RST that does this. I havent had it installed long.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

my rxt makes no noise. i installed it, but i have to tell myself its not a stock clutch because it is that good lol.. i dont know how with the clutch out a clutch would make noise since the pressure plate is engaging the disks??
Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
my rxt makes no noise. i installed it, but i have to tell myself its not a stock clutch because it is that good lol.. i dont know how with the clutch out a clutch would make noise since the pressure plate is engaging the disks??
Do you think it could be the trans it only happens when the clutch is out. i Just put in a new Zr1 t6060 and z06 diff also. It drives great other than the clutch out neutral noise.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like an input problem?? i know from my last visit at the track my trans is whining a little bit with the clutch out in neutral and in gear going down the road. but 650 rwhp and stock everything t56 with et street slicks i guess i cant complain too much. mine sounds like input bearing.. hoping the gears arnt messed up! its definitely not the clutch in my situation though
Old 05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Teching In

In earlier days a loud noise in neutral was indicative of a bad throw-out bearing.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowc6
Do you think it could be the trans it only happens when the clutch is out. i Just put in a new Zr1 t6060 and z06 diff also. It drives great other than the clutch out neutral noise.
I have the same setup in my c5 only I have pfadt mounts. I had an issue with driveshaft runout (prob not your prob) but it caused multiple pilot bearing failures and did similar to what you are describing.

Originally Posted by midnitejam
In earlier days a loud noise in neutral was indicative of a bad throw-out bearing.
I agree with this, is there a vibration in the shifter? If the pilot is bad it will allow the disc's to miss align and cause a slight vibration or noise. It will get worse when the bearing starts to wear out more.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ghost-1
I have the same setup in my c5 only I have pfadt mounts. I had an issue with driveshaft runout (prob not your prob) but it caused multiple pilot bearing failures and did similar to what you are describing.

I agree with this, is there a vibration in the shifter? If the pilot is bad it will allow the disc's to miss align and cause a slight vibration or noise. It will get worse when the bearing starts to wear out more.
I guess its normal with twin disk clutches. I thought i maybe had a problem with my torque tube. Heres what they said on the vette forum.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...rque-tube.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...rque-tube.html

Quick Reply: mcloed rxt