Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch Twin Discs-Released!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LedfootLarry
I had one of your stage 3 single discs in a c5 z06, it held 520 to the wheels no problem, But I found chatter awful, especially in stop and go, and taking off on a grade, it sounded like a gaggle of geese !
I am now in the process of uprading everything, including a tr 6060 transmission , and am having your twin disc level 2 installed.
How streetable will this be ? I hope it won`t be as noisy as my last setup Steve , I`m ok with a little chatter , but that was ridiculous
I had that issue with that stage 3 until it was broken in. I had squeeling every now and then if i didnt beat the glaze off it.

The Twin will be quiet compared to the stage 3 and not feel much different in terms of left leg feel.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

I have a Monster Level 1 Twin w/ 28lb flywheel in my GTO,just installed by Tick perfomance,and after less than 150 miles of city driving the chatter in 1st is almost gone and it never really had much in all the other gears... chugging around town and getting into the gas it did at first but now that is almost gone too...and
EFFORTLESS CLUTCH PEDAL !!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weldermike27408
I have a Monster Level 1 Twin w/ 28lb flywheel in my GTO,just installed by Tick perfomance,and after less than 150 miles of city driving the chatter in 1st is almost gone and it never really had much in all the other gears... chugging around town and getting into the gas it did at first but now that is almost gone too...and
EFFORTLESS CLUTCH PEDAL !!
Is the chatter suppose to be completely gone after break in? I have the single stage 3 and its noisy and chatters quite a bit.

Last edited by irocz1228; 02-19-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by irocz1228
Is the chatter suppose to be completely gone after break in? I have the single stage 3 and its noisy and chatters quite a bit.
Itll quiet down for the most part after 500 miles. Its just the puck material.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
As Exidous said, reduced MOI increases power output but decreases drivability. There is a fine line in what works well on a street/race car and what doesn't. If you're looking at the twins/triples then get the 28lbs unit unless the car is pretty much a dedicated road race setup.
Rising from the dead! How is everyone's twin doing these days?
I'm trying to figure out which way I want to go with my build. In the interest of keeping things as light as possible I'd either like to go with the aluminum flywheel or have the steel one drilled out around the circumference. It will be driven on the street often but is not my daily driver.

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch Twin Discs-Released!