Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster level 2 issue...Damn

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 03:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks
Time to call Steve again.... I just opened an email from my shop and they stated the New PP did not fix the issue. Had to tear it back down and found the clutch disk is warped as well... inside and out maybe from the heat?...
I'm waiting on Don to reply to my email. I saw the dark mark on the inner edge of the disc and asked for a straight edge to be put on it. I still haven't received the old pressure plate to verify it was the problem.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure he will get them to you soon and wants to get this resolved, the car has been there for three weeks and it's been a month with no car for me. I am worried most this may have affected the flywheel as well? I'm just stuck in the middle here.

I purchased a brand new GM slave/ throw out setup and pilot bearing and had him put those in with the new pp
Old 10-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Well this issue has basically came to a hault and still remains unresolved and me with no working vehicle.

I ended up buying a new disk from Monster and getting reimbursed for the disk which ended up being determined as fault.

When this new disk and the kit was reinstalled I replaced as many things as possible, complete master, slave, throwout bearing, pilot bearing. This time after about 200 miles I got the same problem. I couldnt even fathom this was happening. All the work has been done from soup to nuts on this car at Slowhawk Performance.

After finally getting the clutch removed I sent the entire kit back to Monster for testing. I was told it was operating properly and but unexplained what keeps happening to the disk in short time. I was told that both times the clutch must have been installed wrong.

Without the vehicle at SNL it will be unable to be determined. This is just a **** show...
Old 10-24-2012, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We've never seen an issue like that before, nevermind 2 disks warping. So I would say something was up with the PP.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is there anyway you might need a shim for the slave or an adjustable m/c to set up the clutch 100%. Hope you figure it out man it sucks not having ur car.

I purchased the whole kit from monster with stg 3, tick m/c , wish I got the lightweight flywheel but oh well , new slave speed blender etc. At first I didny set up the master correctly but I figured it out and wow this thing performs. I can hot lap the **** out of it , PowerShift the bageezez out of it without an issue, which is exactly what I wanted, and no pedal sticking to the floor! Only thing is if you slip it does make noise, but u get on it beat on it it shuts up. And thanks to my clutch.. I broke a 10bolt LOL! I've recommended many cause of my happiness.

THANKS MONSTER!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Just to update on this. After no resolution I cut my losses and went with a different clutch company. I have not had one issue with it after a couple months and about 1500miles.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Good to hear. I hate when this **** happens. Who installed your new clutch?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks to hear this man. I recently installed a monster clutch stage 2 aswell. Hopefully i dont have a problem with it before my next oil change.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by andrewss
Good to hear. I hate when this **** happens. Who installed your new clutch?

Slowhawk Performance.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks
Just to update on this. After no resolution I cut my losses and went with a different clutch company. I have not had one issue with it after a couple months and about 1500miles.
Glad to see your clutch problems are gone now. Too bad we had to pull it multiple times to finally correct the issue.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

This is a rare issue that stumped us completely.

I'm glad to hear the McLeod is working well in your setup, I sincerely apologize you had so many issues with our unit.

If there is anything else I can do just let me know.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I plan on getting a stage 2 soon.... hope mine doesn't do this :/
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jbridwelltransam
I plan on getting a stage 2 soon.... hope mine doesn't do this :/
LOL, I've got a few thousand Level 2's out there with -zero- issues, this is a very rare instance.

Give us a call and we'll get you taken care of.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

I had some issues with my 3.5 but I'm super happy with my stage 2. I have about 1500 miles on it and still love it.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I had some issues with my 3.5 but I'm super happy with my stage 2. I have about 1500 miles on it and still love it.
Awesome man
Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 AM
TECH Veteran

LOVE my Monster stage 2.

To the poster that hates his stage 3, ANYONE who puts a "puck style" clutch in anything do your research and EXPECT it to act like a racing clutch with an on/off switch, chatter and be loud as that IS the nature of that clutch....it's made to be in a race environment not a street environment.

A monster 2 will handle just about any "normal" head/cam LS.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
LOVE my Monster stage 2.

To the poster that hates his stage 3, ANYONE who puts a "puck style" clutch in anything do your research and EXPECT it to act like a racing clutch with an on/off switch, chatter and be loud as that IS the nature of that clutch....it's made to be in a race environment not a street environment.

Well said my friend. Thanks for the support!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Steve just wanted to tell you that your customer service looks great. I just went through hell w/ SPEC over 2 clutches that have failed at half their power levels. Will not do anything about it because warranty was only 120 days. Have installed your Monster clutches on customer carry ins and have had no issues. Had SPEC taken care of me like you do on yours they would have had many more clutches sold. They have lost me as a customer,period. Email being sent for race truck that makes 500hp N/A that killed a SPEC 3+/4 and hasn't been sprayed yet. Thx.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
LOVE my Monster stage 2.

Puck style does not have to be an on/off switch and make noise. Have plenty that are easy to drive and no squeel.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Puck style does not have to be an on/off switch and make noise. Have plenty that are easy to drive and no squeel.
These are the ones properly broken in, most won't take the time to do it.

I buddy has a SPEC 3+ in his road race car(was in the car when he bought it) and it drives good, it will have a Monster2 when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Monster level 2 issue...Damn