Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster level 2 issue...Damn

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the most infuriating to me through this whole situation, this bit taken right from Monsters website.

"And in the end we bring it to you, the consumer, the guys and gals out there spending hard earned money of your own to get every single ounce out of your six speed car! Hoping that, “this is it; this is the last clutch I’m gonna have to buy for a while.” I’ve heard it time and time again, “I put a -brand x- clutch in my car and it only lasted 2,000 miles, when I called them they said I installed it wrong and don’t want to help out!”

Well, now you don’t have to worry! Every clutch we sell at Monster Clutch Co. has been tested, both in a controlled environment and in the real world. We’ve spent a lot of our own hard earned cash so you don’t have to, we’ve spent a lot of man hours testing, re-testing, making sure that the end product will do everything we say it will and more. We are so confident in our product that we back it with an industry leading 12 month warranty! No other clutch company can come close, no other clutch company can boast what we can, abuse their clutches like we can, and still have them functioning for the consumer that drive their Monsters daily. We do, because we can.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The clutch didn't release because the disc was bent.

After two discs and two pressure plates the car was still having issues, to say we didn't provide customer service is a bit unfair. One I could see having an issue but after the second clutch causes the disc to warp after less than 100 miles I have to draw a line in the sand and see what the issue actually is.

In the end, the customer isn't happy and has moved on to another clutch. This is a one off situation that isn't the norm for Monster, you can research us and clearly see that customer service is our #1 strong point. I've repeated myself a few times in this thread, it's obvious he's not happy. He's voiced his concern and his review of our product and I've posted my rebuttal. I'm done.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

But you still have his clutch.... And his money...
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
The clutch didn't release because the disc was bent.

After two discs and two pressure plates the car was still having issues, to say we didn't provide customer service is a bit unfair. One I could see having an issue but after the second clutch causes the disc to warp after less than 100 miles I have to draw a line in the sand and see what the issue actually is.

In the end, the customer isn't happy and has moved on to another clutch. This is a one off situation that isn't the norm for Monster, you can research us and clearly see that customer service is our #1 strong point. I've repeated myself a few times in this thread, it's obvious he's not happy. He's voiced his concern and his review of our product and I've posted my rebuttal. I'm done.
Steve,

I am trying to figure out where you are getting 2 pp and 2 disks from?

Other than the original kit installed, there was 1 pp and 1 disk.

I didnt say there was no customer service, it was just bad service. Instead of test this, try this..The entire kit should have been swapped out at the very beginning.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HYPEracing
But you still have his clutch.... And his money...
I dont even want the clutch at this point. No point in getting a paper weight sent back to me.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate it when a manufacturer tells me to keep spending my $ to fix his problem. Who would want another clutch from these guys? It's too late to get the OP a clutch and that part I get completely. Why not send him a refund in good faith and recoup some PR out of this deal?

My expereince is that $ spent on making a customer happy is money well spent. Continued defense of why you didn't do more is not winning points in my book. Hell, do SOMETHING that the OP, (YOUR CUSTOMER) finds acceptable and make some PR points out of all this.

Good Lord, is good PR not worth a couple hundred bucks???
Old 03-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dbs1
I hate it when a manufacturer tells me to keep spending my $ to fix his problem. Who would want another clutch from these guys? It's too late to get the OP a clutch and that part I get completely. Why not send him a refund in good faith and recoup some PR out of this deal?

My expereince is that $ spent on making a customer happy is money well spent. Continued defense of why you didn't do more is not winning points in my book. Hell, do SOMETHING that the OP, (YOUR CUSTOMER) finds acceptable and make some PR points out of all this.

Good Lord, is good PR not worth a couple hundred bucks???
UMMMMM YES what he /\ said!!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd like for anyone to name just one clutch company that has not had a single problem. Stuff happens...

I've had my Monster Stage 2 in my car for over 2 years of daily driving and a lot of WOT abuse. Very happy with it. Will be calling Monster up when it's time for a twin disk.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I'd like for anyone to name just one clutch company that has not had a single problem. Stuff happens...

I've had my Monster Stage 2 in my car for over 2 years of daily driving and a lot of WOT abuse. Very happy with it. Will be calling Monster up when it's time for a twin disk.
i have a stage 3 in my car and i like it.... but.... i just think a refund is in order in Scooby's case

Quick Reply: Monster level 2 issue...Damn