Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster clutch stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 897 Likes on 639 Posts

I installed my stage 2 this weekend. So far I love it. Great pedal feel, smooth engagement.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to knock the monster stage 2 but, Ive had it for almost 900 miles now and it chatters, reverse is bad chatter. I have to rev it up to around 1500-2000 rpm to get a smooth engagement on both ends. I called monster and they said to beat on it slaming through the gears a couple times to get some of the glazing off, which I did, but didnt really help much. i did this a couple of times. Once driving it feels good, like stock. This clutch has kinda let me down and left me with out $800. I did research about it and thought it was a good choice but now im not very happy. I think Im going to change it soon and go with a 02-04 LS6/ZO6 clutch set up. I have many friends w this clutch and have great success.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C4fly
Not to knock the monster stage 2 but, Ive had it for almost 900 miles now and it chatters, reverse is bad chatter. I have to rev it up to around 1500-2000 rpm to get a smooth engagement on both ends. I called monster and they said to beat on it slaming through the gears a couple times to get some of the glazing off, which I did, but didnt really help much. i did this a couple of times. Once driving it feels good, like stock. This clutch has kinda let me down and left me with out $800. I did research about it and thought it was a good choice but now im not very happy. I think Im going to change it soon and go with a 02-04 LS6/ZO6 clutch set up. I have many friends w this clutch and have great success.
This isn't the norm.

Have you checked for leaks?

Give me a call or shoot me an email at steve@monsterclutches.com and we'll go from there. This unit has been proven time and again to be a great daily clutch that will hold power and provide excellent drivability. If your setup is chattering that bad something is amiss.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
This isn't the norm.

Have you checked for leaks?

Give me a call or shoot me an email at steve@monsterclutches.com and we'll go from there. This unit has been proven time and again to be a great daily clutch that will hold power and provide excellent drivability. If your setup is chattering that bad something is amiss.
I have absolutly no leaks anywhere, no master leaks, slave leaks or rear main...none.
I cleaned the flywheel and presure plate very good with brake cleaner and followed the 500 mile break in procedure of a lot of stop and go. Ill try to contact you soon Steve.

Quick Reply: Monster clutch stage 2