Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

01' z28 ls1 m6 clutch slave help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01' z28 ls1 m6 clutch slave help

Ok let me start: new clutch master cylinder new fluid bleed great quite a few times lol , stock clutch everything stock, when car is off has no problems putting in any gear when started pedal feels pretty good but sometimes it will go into first and sometimes it won't also sometimes when in any gear it won't come out of gear....... Moving on anything over prolly 3k and sticks in gear..... When pedal is on floor still acts like it in gear won't die but seems like about to bc clutch still engaged possibly,..... Is it my slave???? Sorry guys trying to explain best way I can
Old 02-16-2013, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the fluid in the master cylinder resavior? Does it ever get low indicating that either the master or slave may be leaking? I'd first look under the dash around the firewall area where the master cylinder comes through and check for leaking. Unfortunetly a bad slave or master won't necessarily leak so it can be a crap shoot where you have to throw parts at it in order to get it fixed.

So the car was fine before the new master? Or did you install a new master because it was having this current problem?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately got the car with this issue ill double check on the leaking and double check on pumping the clutch a few times to see if it engages to see if air is getting in it

Quick Reply: 01' z28 ls1 m6 clutch slave help