Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Question for Monster Stage 3 users

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
I started with the clutch pedal about an inch below the level of the brake pedal. I could shift ok but it was slightly notchy getting into 1st and reverse from a stop, passed the rev test though. Went home and adjusted it to the height of the brake pedal and now it's perfect for me. If I were you I'd bring the clutch pedal down to the level of the brake pedal and see if it still goes into 1st smooth and all the other gears. No need to over extend the pressure plate fingers if you don't have to. Plus I tried mine with the clutch pedal higher than the brake pedal at one point just to see what it would be like. Shifting was no better for me, and having the clutch throw that long felt awkward.
Thaks for the post. I may try this. I mean, where it's at now is fine and I'm able to get into all gears very smoothly, but with the clutch engagement at the top of the travel, I think having less clutch pedal travel would be better and the only way to do that is adjust the clutch pedal closer to the floor. I haven't removed the panels to look at how I adjust this thing, but from what I've read, it's fairly easy. I guess I can just play around with it and see what feels best; just don't want to **** anything up.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't mess anything up. Just remove the under dash panels and look up there with a flashlight. You'll see how it works. Once you loosen the two jam nuts holding the adjustment arm in place, you can turn the adjustment arm left or right and you'll physically see the clutch pedal go up or down as you turn it. Drop the clutch pedal to the level of the brake pedal, tighten the jam nuts, and leave the dash panels off. Go for a cruise down the street. If it feels just as easy to get into 1st and reverse and shifting while driving is the same call it good and put your dash panels back on when you get home.

But if shifting is notchier and/or its slightly harder to get into 1st or reverse, put it back up to where you had it.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
You won't mess anything up. Just remove the under dash panels and look up there with a flashlight. You'll see how it works. Once you loosen the two jam nuts holding the adjustment arm in place, you can turn the adjustment arm left or right and you'll physically see the clutch pedal go up or down as you turn it. Drop the clutch pedal to the level of the brake pedal, tighten the jam nuts, and leave the dash panels off. Go for a cruise down the street. If it feels just as easy to get into 1st and reverse and shifting while driving is the same call it good and put your dash panels back on when you get home.

But if shifting is notchier and/or its slightly harder to get into 1st or reverse, put it back up to where you had it.
Thanks for the great advice. That is what I'll do.

Quick Reply: Question for Monster Stage 3 users