Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal is sticking

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal is sticking

my clutch pedal has been sticking for a few months now and its getting worse. When i get on it at high speeds it does it more. the clutch doesn't come out all the way, it comes out about half way and i have to pull it out with my foot the rest of the way. Is this just my clutch going bad or is something else wrong
Old 04-27-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

How many miles on what type of clutch? It could be a worn clutch that is slipping more this causing excess heat. If it isn't old try the drill mod. It could also be a bad hydraulics. If your clutch is stock and old, and your car is a 2000 or older, you may need a new clutch and hydraulics, but without more info thats just a guess
Old 04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easiest thing to do first is bleed the clutch and make sure thats not the problem.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Default info

my car is a 2000 SS i still have the stock clutch with 22k miles on it, thats why i'm not sure its the clutch because its really not that old
Old 04-27-2004, 04:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00BadaSS
my car is a 2000 SS i still have the stock clutch with 22k miles on it, thats why i'm not sure its the clutch because its really not that old
like i said. bleed the lines, its easy, cheap, and dont take long. if you have air or not enough fluid it will act stupid like mine did with the new clutch until i bleed it.
good luck
Old 04-28-2004, 04:46 AM
TECH Resident

My 00 WS6 has a similar issue. Occasionally when I jump on it and then shift the clutch pedal will stay on the floor. I can hit the pedal multiple times with my foot pushing it against the floor in a jabbing motion and the pedal remains on the floor until I reach down and pull it back up. When I pull it up and then push it back in like to check pedal pressure; the pedal semms to have very little pressure at first then slowly builds back up. I have a SPEC stage 3 carbon clutch and an updated slave but the master is stock. Someone had mentioned the clutch pedal return spring may be weak, but it sounds to me more like a hydraulic issue than mechanical.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like you need the drill mod.
If you skim this article you will see how they do the drill mod, they may expain it also.
http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...r_cylinder.htm
Old 04-28-2004, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Same thing was happening here until one time the pedal came up, but my clutch won't engage now. Should I bleed the system/check fluid? I was thinking it was the pressure plate, but the guy said it has a new clutch in so I am kind of stuck.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal is sticking