Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

TR6060 Installation in '68 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TR6060 Installation in '68 Camaro

I've installed a TR6060 MT in my '68 behind the LS3 it came with from a 2010 Camaro SS. I've used the original OEM clutch master cylinder. It took quite a bit of work to install this in the '68 but it is in and seems to fit great. My next step is to fill and bleed the system. How difficult are these systems to bleed?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Routing the fluid into the reservoir will make quick work of any air bubbles **If** the bleeder is barely open and prevents fluid from pulling back into the slave. A poor man's one-way valve if you will. And one of those is an option too.

If it's cracked wide open and bled, it will be a circle jerk of zero accomplishment.

Bleeding through the highest point in the slave (the bleeder) is the way to do it. All the "suction at the reservoir" methods aren't going to do it as effectively.

P.S., what's your trans. tag # and serial out of curiosity? Did you maintain the fixed-yoke?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jmd
Routing the fluid into the reservoir will make quick work of any air bubbles **If** the bleeder is barely open and prevents fluid from pulling back into the slave. A poor man's one-way valve if you will. And one of those is an option too.

If it's cracked wide open and bled, it will be a circle jerk of zero accomplishment.

Bleeding through the highest point in the slave (the bleeder) is the way to do it. All the "suction at the reservoir" methods aren't going to do it as effectively.

P.S., what's your trans. tag # and serial out of curiosity? Did you maintain the fixed-yoke?
Great answer and just what I was hoping to hear. Here is a picture of the trans tag but I don't know where the SN is? As far as the yoke goes, I think you're referring to the flange that comes off the rear of the trans. I am working right now with a local drive line shop to come up with ideas. Have you tackled that before?
Thanks,
Paul
Old 08-19-2013, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tremec # tuet10860
gm# 92246731
Built Apil 13 2010, 1st shift
SN 1021
Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by calhoon
Tremec # tuet10860
gm# 92246731
Built Apil 13 2010, 1st shift
SN 1021
Ok thank you. Is this all good or bad or is it just information?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:09 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm most familiar with conversion of the trans to slip-yoke style.

The 10860 is a replacement for the TUET10150. The early serial nos. of the 10150 had potential mainshaft issues.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There really is not enough spline at the output to proerly use a slipyoke. Yokes are generally soft/ not heattreated and this spline is....you will wear anotch in the yoke and a clunk will be the result at on/ off throttle positions after awhile. If you could get a billet or inherently-hard yoke, you might get better life .
Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jmd
I'm most familiar with conversion of the trans to slip-yoke style.

The 10860 is a replacement for the TUET10150. The early serial nos. of the 10150 had potential mainshaft issues.
So I lucked out getting this updated trans... That is fantastic! Thanks you.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by calhoon
There really is not enough spline at the output to proerly use a slipyoke. Yokes are generally soft/ not heattreated and this spline is....you will wear anotch in the yoke and a clunk will be the result at on/ off throttle positions after awhile. If you could get a billet or inherently-hard yoke, you might get better life .
So it sounds like I'm probably better off living with the output shaft the way it is. What are people doing to create a one piece old school driveshaft with this flanged shaft. By old school, I mean one or two u joints and a slip joint?
Thanks for your help!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Teching In

I have finally found time to bleed the clutch system using the old method of pushing the pedal and cracking the bleeder valve. Now is the weird part. The pedal almost feels like a brake pedal in that if doesn't travel to the stopper any more. It builds pressure and about ⅔ or the way down, it feels very solid, like a brake pedal. What could be causing this? Any clutch pedal I've ever pushed goes all the way to the stop and you can feel the clutch separating.
Thanks,
Paul

Quick Reply: TR6060 Installation in '68 Camaro