Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Adaptor available for F-body clutch master cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adaptor available for F-body clutch master cylinder?

Hi folks,
I'm putting a T-56 (and LS-1) in my '66 Mustang, and am sorting out the hydraulics for the clutch now. I have the original master and slave cylinders from the 2001 Firebird the drivetrain came out of, and intend to use them. I don't, however, have the clutch hydraulic line. Most likely, it wouldn't be the right length anyways, so no big deal - I'll just put a flexible line on there!

I've found an adaptor fitting for the slave-end of the line, to convert the funky push-lock fitting to an AN-3 connection, but I don't have anything for the master end. Is anything available to adaptor the strange o-ring fitting to something more common?

Alternatively, does anyone else know of another common solution to this problem on conversions?

Thanks!
-Matt
Old 12-11-2014, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Try Kessler as they make several "conversion" packages & components.

McLeod also has several hydraulic MC/slave and may have some components that you can use. I got a few parts to connect their braided line from MC to OEM slave for my Twin Disc clutch

Going LS into a Ford...cool

I suspect you will have some fabrication to connect the dots. Hopefully someone who has traveled this swap will post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You're better off just using a hydraulic Tilton kit. That way you don't have to work around that funky master cylinder mount angle.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oange ss
You're better off just using a hydraulic Tilton kit. That way you don't have to work around that funky master cylinder mount angle.
$600 for a clutch hydraulics kit?! No friggin' way, not if I can help it! That's absurd. I've got the mounting figured out; all I need is a strange, one-off fitting.

Oh, and yes, there's been an impressive amount of fabrication thus far, and there will be plenty more before I'm done. No worries; I'm really enjoying it!

-Matt
Old 12-15-2014, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went to my local Car Quest (Chicago Heights) with my original 4th gen f-body clutch line and their machine shop was able to cut of the master cylinder end and a replacement with a NPT-1/8" end. It cost me $20. Another $5 got me a 90-degree swivelling 1/8 Male to 1/8 female adapter. The whole thing worked very well with my Wilwood master cylinder.

Not all Car Quests have a hydraulic hose shop, so you'll have to do a bit of research in their "find a location" page online first.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mateospeed
$600 for a clutch hydraulics kit?! No friggin' way, not if I can help it! That's absurd. I've got the mounting figured out; all I need is a strange, one-off fitting.

Oh, and yes, there's been an impressive amount of fabrication thus far, and there will be plenty more before I'm done. No worries; I'm really enjoying it!

-Matt
You don't need a full blown kit just an $80 master cylinder and a An to GM quick disconnect hose that can be had on Ebay pretty cheap.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/LS1-an...ing,25017.html
Old 12-21-2014, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

http://moderndriveline.com/catalog/hydraulics.htm
Old 12-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Yes, I found that for the slave cylinder end.

Is it the same fitting for both ends, perhaps?

Quick Reply: Adaptor available for F-body clutch master cylinder?