Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Best clutch hydraulics/clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best clutch hydraulics/clutch?

Its me again. Should've just posted everything in one big long post. But I'm having clutch trouble, which seem to be getting worse over time. I'm thinking its the hydraulics. Not sure if its the return spring in the master cylinder, or if the hoses/connections are leaking and sucking in air, or if the "slave" cylinder is going out. But if you hold the clutch pedal all the way to the floor for about 10-15 seconds, it loses its pressure and the clutch starts to engage and pull the car forward or backwards and you have to yank it out of gear or hold the break down until the car stalls. Then when you let off the pedal its very slow (like its stuck) and takes a couple seconds to come all the way back up. But it works fine while you're shifting between gears and cruising down the road. Any idea's? Whats a good after market clutch disk and hydraulics?
Old 05-30-2015, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

I have a monster stage 2 clutch and a tick performance master. In my opinion they are the best out there right now.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I am moving this to the Manual Transmission section.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm assuming this is on an F-body? If so, get a tick unit and be done with it. As far as the clutch is concerned, monster, diamond, or spec would be decent I prefer monster.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackandgold
I'm assuming this is on an F-body? If so, get a tick unit and be done with it. As far as the clutch is concerned, monster, diamond, or spec would be decent I prefer monster.
Yes it is an fbody. Ill look in to that. Im thinking that the fluid starts boiling as the car heats up. When I pulled the cap off the master reservoir the fluid looked black. Any way flush all the old fluid out with new fresh fluid?
Old 05-31-2015, 02:31 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Yes you can flush it. You bleed the slave and fill the reservoir until it runs clear. What you described, bleeding won't fix

If you still have the factory master it probably needs to be replaced. Consider the tick master even though it's expensive. One of the best F body mods available.

You can get complete clutch and hydraulic kits from several sponsors like tick performance or Colorado speed
Old 05-31-2015, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Yes you can flush it. You bleed the slave and fill the reservoir until it runs clear. What you described, bleeding won't fix

If you still have the factory master it probably needs to be replaced. Consider the tick master even though it's expensive. One of the best F body mods available.

You can get complete clutch and hydraulic kits from several sponsors like tick performance or Colorado speed
Will do. Just had to replace the whole hydraulic system on an 83 z28 and im not looking forward to doing it again.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up the TDP diamond stage 2 kit for $745 shipped to my door. Can't really beat that honestly.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whatsa347
I picked up the TDP diamond stage 2 kit for $745 shipped to my door. Can't really beat that honestly.
How do you like it? How much power can it handle?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MajeSStic_
How do you like it? How much power can it handle?
I dunno, haven't installed it, still trying to decide what cam to buy. But you can do a search on it, I have never seen one bad review.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whatsa347
Not to start a p*ssing contest, but I would disagree with that.... I paid less than that, delivered straight to my door, for the Monster Level 2, complete with the new Slave Cylinder.

Of course I bought it during SNL's big Tax Break Sale that just ended... And it's good for 550 Ft LBS of TQ. Just rolled a 100 miles on it, still doing break-in; but thus far, I LOVE the clutch!! Well worth every penny that it cost!!

Quick Reply: Best clutch hydraulics/clutch?