Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

keep my monster 11inch or go rxt???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default keep my monster 11inch or go rxt???

so ive been starting my build thread and curious as to what i should do. i currently have a monster ceramic 11inch with 18lb flywheel with only 600 miles on it. should i keep it? didnt have any problem with it loved the clutch. or should i go with the rxt?? the car is going to be drag raced id say 10 times a year and go to roll race/half mile events occasionally. other than that the car only goes to local car meets. the car is a 00 camaro with a 403 and f1a. max boost is 18lbs but 12lbs on the street most of the time. or should i keep the monster and put the money elsewhere?
Old 12-09-2015, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SStressin
so ive been starting my build thread and curious as to what i should do. i currently have a monster ceramic 11inch with 18lb flywheel with only 600 miles on it. should i keep it? didnt have any problem with it loved the clutch. or should i go with the rxt?? the car is going to be drag raced id say 10 times a year and go to roll race/half mile events occasionally. other than that the car only goes to local car meets. the car is a 00 camaro with a 403 and f1a. max boost is 18lbs but 12lbs on the street most of the time. or should i keep the monster and put the money elsewhere?
If you like the clutch you currently have, I would put the money somewhere else.

However if you want to upgrade, give us a shout and we can get you a good deal on one of our street twins.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Based on what you're saying about the current Monster setup, I don't see any reason why to change it. If you're unhappy, make a change. If not, don't. Oftentimes people make a change when they are happy and come to find out the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
If you like the clutch you currently have, I would put the money somewhere else.

However if you want to upgrade, give us a shout and we can get you a good deal on one of our street twins.
do you think it would hold the power once i start cranking up the boost? could i reuse my flywheel for the street twins? or does it take its own flywheel?
Old 12-09-2015, 04:50 PM
FormerVendor

do you think it would hold the power once i start cranking up the boost? could i reuse my flywheel for the street twins? or does it take its own flywheel?
Its rated for 850WHP/TQ, so it should hold depending on how much your going to turn it up. The LT1-XX series twins do take a very different flywheel.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its rated for 850WHP/TQ, so it should hold depending on how much your going to turn it up. The LT1-XX series twins do take a very different flywheel.
is the only difference between the ceramic 11 inch and the iron 11 inch the disc? how is the iron 11 inch in street driving?
Old 12-11-2015, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

is the only difference between the ceramic 11 inch and the iron 11 inch the disc? how is the iron 11 inch in street driving?
Yes, the only difference in the 11" units is the disc. The Iron is not recommend for daily driving, as it is very aggressive.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, the only difference in the 11" units is the disc. The Iron is not recommend for daily driving, as it is very aggressive.
Mines not daily driven. Only take it out 2-3 times a week to car meets and back. Too aggressive for that?
Old 12-12-2015, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Mines not daily driven. Only take it out 2-3 times a week to car meets and back. Too aggressive for that?
If you are comfortable with the 11" Ceramic, the Iron will be more aggressive but not night and day compared to what you already have.

Give us a shout and we can go over more details. (817-750-2000)

Quick Reply: keep my monster 11inch or go rxt???