Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Street Twin Stripped Splines and Messed up Input Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
It is good service...

BUT....it's something that should never have happened in the first place. And it has then damaged the input shaft on the gearbox which needs replaced.

And why were both discs not returned for replacements or repair ?

It is always good ( and expected ) that faults are rectified...but it's much better when they never occur in the first place.
It sucks that it happened, but it does. McLeod took care of it under warranty. I'm good with that.

I should've sent both discs in the first time, that's my bad.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

While I also have a McLeod Street Twin and also have had McLeod promptly and with courtesy do repairs under warranty.....stuff breaks.

These Twin disc clutches don't have sprung hubs and a twin disc clutch has twice the friction surface a single disc clutch has. a higher RPM clutch dump will certainly transfer more force on the input shaft of the tranny than a single disc sprung hub.

If the clutch kit was purchased used its previous use is likely not known. IDK if the input shaft took out the disc hub or the other way around but shiat happens and it is good McLeod stood by their product
Old 10-17-2016, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hrcslam
It sucks that it happened, but it does. McLeod took care of it under warranty. I'm good with that.

I should've sent both discs in the first time, that's my bad.
Everything is back together and installed. Runs great! It doesn't chatter at all anymore either. Like it used to at low rpm clutch slips (like stop and go traffic).

Thanks again Billy M!

Quick Reply: McLeod Street Twin Stripped Splines and Messed up Input Shaft