Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
0.2 what ? miles, inches, mm, thou ?
0.020 thou
Old 08-21-2017, 05:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

20thou tested as they show in the video, or are you just doing the flywheel/floater plate at present ?

20thou may just be enough...in reality though when everythings warm I doubt it would be

And you can see in their video from the actual gap, its a lot more than 20thou
Old 08-21-2017, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Just the flywheel and floater. I took it all off and remounted it and it seemed better, until the stud snapped anyway...
Old 08-23-2017, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am running an RST twin disk with an aluminum Fidanza flywheel. My understanding is that a small amount of "hiss" is normal when you spin it, so long as it spins freely. However, the build isn't finished yet, so if I am wrong, I'm in the same boat as you are.

A tip for installing the pressure plate nuts at the end: the clutch alignment tool will sag under the weight of the assembly--if you tighten it down with the crank horizontal to the ground like most people, anyway. If this happens, the trans input shaft will never slide in, so you will have to do it over. You can probably lift up on the clutch alignment tool, but since I had the engine and trans out of the car, I just put the trans input shaft in and used it as the alignment tool while I tightened down the pressure plate. Once I added the bell housing, everything went together, no problem.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AlexLSx7
I've e-mailed a couple of places hopefully they will get back to me tomorrow.

Yeah, not been hugely impressed by their support/customer service to be honest.
In my defense I answered every single email this customer sent in a timely manner. I also sent him replacement studs no charge to England. Customer did not mention any dissatisfaction over our conversations. I did however recommend him contacting a local area dealer in England to see if the studs were available,as well as gave him the studs specs to find at a local area source for instant gratification. I guess that was my down fall to poor customer service.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I am not sure what he was referring to specifically. I have called you guys when I was getting some measurements on my clutch to see if shims were necessary (they weren't) and the support was really very down-to-Earth and knowledgeable. He actually went out in the shop and got some measurements for me based on the components in my build, and he was patient in answering all of my questions, such as procedure for adjusting my master cylinder.

The only part I felt could be improved, is in the instructions as I stated above, where I had trouble with the clutch alignment tool. I have never replaced a clutch before, so this may apply to all clutches, or at least all twin clutches, but it would have been helpful to know beforehand. It wasn't such a big deal, since the engine was out of the car, but if I had to align the transmission by lifting it up from underneath, that would have been quite a lot of effort. Once I figured that out, everything went together smoothly.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Billy M
In my defense I answered every single email this customer sent in a timely manner. I also sent him replacement studs no charge to England. Customer did not mention any dissatisfaction over our conversations. I did however recommend him contacting a local area dealer in England to see if the studs were available,as well as gave him the studs specs to find at a local area source for instant gratification. I guess that was my down fall to poor customer service.
Hmm OK.

To be fair to you, you did e-mail back quite quickly - Once you decided to reply to my e-mail last Thursday asking for help, only after having to chase you on Monday for a reply. I imagine you are fairly busy, but not that busy that you cant tell me that...

You told me you didn't want to send the studs as postage would be too much for a $1 dollar part. Considering I paid a lot of money for this clutch i would have thought a few $ on postage for a tiny part FOR A BRAND NEW CLUTCH wouldn't be an issue to keep a customer happy, considering that part failed with little to no effort as well. If you had said i had to pay for it i would have been happy to, I wasn't given the option.

The only reason you sent the studs was because you found this thread and then asked me to remove my comments about customer service.

If i hadn't, i still think i would have been trying to find a resolution to this.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

All parts from anyone are not perfect. Some break from shipping, manufacturing defect or "user error".

Your location is +8 hrs ahead of McLeod (Billy M) which likely did not speed up any communication on your initial email. I doubt your email was the only customer service email Billy had to respond to

Fortunately a new stud was sent and you should be good to go soon.

Last edited by BALLSS; 08-24-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

So it's McLeods fault YOU broke the stud and you then expect them to send one out FOC from a few thousand miles away ?

Yes it would be a good gesture, but did you offer to actually buy the replacement studs and pay postage ? Or just expect them to send them out ?

It's hardly a warranty issue ?
Old 08-24-2017, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
So it's McLeods fault YOU broke the stud and you then expect them to send one out FOC from a few thousand miles away ?

Yes it would be a good gesture, but did you offer to actually buy the replacement studs and pay postage ? Or just expect them to send them out ?

It's hardly a warranty issue ?
I've never once blamed them for it breaking. All i said was it broke extremely easily, so there must have been something wrong with it.

No i didn't expect them to send it FOC, if you read my earlier post properly you would see that.

I asked if they could send me some he said no. So i tried looking for some over here first.

Back up your truck.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AlexLSx7
Hmm OK.

To be fair to you, you did e-mail back quite quickly - Once you decided to reply to my e-mail last Thursday asking for help, only after having to chase you on Monday for a reply. I imagine you are fairly busy, but not that busy that you cant tell me that...

You told me you didn't want to send the studs as postage would be too much for a $1 dollar part. Considering I paid a lot of money for this clutch i would have thought a few $ on postage for a tiny part FOR A BRAND NEW CLUTCH wouldn't be an issue to keep a customer happy, considering that part failed with little to no effort as well. If you had said i had to pay for it i would have been happy to, I wasn't given the option.

The only reason you sent the studs was because you found this thread and then asked me to remove my comments about customer service.

If i hadn't, i still think i would have been trying to find a resolution to this.
I agree.

Seems like McLeod stepped up to the plate being more reactionary than helpful initially. Glad its now being taken care of though.

It would be a warranty issue if a piece broke off a brand new part.

Hopefully this isn't a reflection of the performance of the product. lol

Last edited by tictakman; 08-24-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Quick Reply: McLeod RXT Street Twin install question