Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal position sensor - 1998 PCM to 411 PCM

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Clutch pedal position sensor - 1998 PCM to 411 PCM

Hi all, I'm needing some help and am not sure if this is the right area to post this in, but here goes and hopefully I don't miss any pieces of information...

I have a 1998 Z28 with the 6-speed. I'm tearing into the car for a few other mods, and decided on switching to the 411 PCM simply for peace of mind since the existing PCM is so old (original) and replacements are hard to find/expensive. I have the new PCM tuned for my car (thanks to Frost), and everything figured out except one piece (I think). The re-pinning instructions I have indicate "The clutch pedal position sensor needs to be wired in. If not, code P0704 should be disabled and a grounded pigtail inserted in the blue C1-32 connector." I'd prefer to wire it in rather than turn off the code but the problem is, I don't know how to "wire it in". This thread shows how to do it if you have the four-wire switch (#28 in the diagram below), but I have #25: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...on-wiring.html

The research I've done indicates the 1998 PCM does not have this wire, but the 411 does (hence, wiring it in to Blue C1-32). This is consistent with what I find in the pinout diagrams (I checked multiple sources which are consistent). My current wiring at the clutch pedal uses #25 in the below diagram. Additionally, #25 and #27 are wired together before going off under the dash somewhere. Since #28 is 1999+ and has four wires, I'm guessing the two wires I'm missing on my 1998 with #25 are what I need to "wire in". My questions are:
  • How do I do that?
  • Do I need to change the switch altogether and add two wires (one to ground and one to Blue C1-32)?
  • Am I even looking at the right "clutch switch" wiring?
Thanks for any direction you can provide.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal position sensor - 1998 PCM to 411 PCM