Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ALL McLeod LS1 Hydraulics (Master and Slave)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm probably blind, but I don't see the part number 1373 listed on that page. Is it just not on their site?

Dan
Old 06-12-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

Also, does anyone know what the little flat metal "U" shaped spacer looking thing for the McLeaod master is for?

Dan
Old 06-12-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

That a good set up but I recomand the master from FUTRAL because it comes full assemble with ported lines and everthing you need. All you have to is take out your stock one and put this and it is fully adjustable and the price is $199. I recomand FUTRAL the are a badass company.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

The Bolt on Slave section shows you the picture, but Mcleod still hasn't updated the Website with the number. It is available though when you call. The flat 'U' shaped peice of metal is a tool to release the quick coupler on the line where it connects to the slave.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:04 AM
10 Second Club

Cool, Thanks!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

It has been ten months and 10,000 miles on the All Mcleod Master and Slave. The Spec 3 has been great and really gets rid of all the slip the Z06 clutch had. With my Moser rear and Detroit Truetrac Differential, I've been banging gears hard with no problems. No crashed pedal syndrone and very precise shifts without all that sloppiness the stock clutch hydraulics have. Pedal effort is more than stock but not as hard as the Ram Clutch setup I had.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Staging Lane

Time to update the old thread. Finally after six years the hydraulics need a rebuild. The master is apart and it looks like spring metal particles and of course the cup seal is worn out. I am rebuilding it with a new AN to quick coupler line. If it doesn't work I'll get the new McLeod master. I will soon send the McLeod street twin out and rebuild it along with the McLeod slave. I'll update on the condition of the individual parts. This is a long term test of the all McLeod clutch and hydraulics and I say it passed with flying colors. All street driving six years and at least 60,000 miles. Understandably not everyone gets this much out of a clutch. I never have and that's on F-bodies for over 26 years. ALL heavy street driving and yes I have had SPEC 3, Ram, and LUK (GM). The McLeod easily beats them all. The others only made it 30,000 miles. I considered the new McLeod twins but why change a good thing. By the way Billy is probably the best technical clutch contact there is.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:09 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Someone who not only knows the hydraulics but also how to drive. Great work.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AtlantaRTA
Time to update the old thread. Finally after six years the hydraulics need a rebuild. The master is apart and it looks like spring metal particles and of course the cup seal is worn out. I am rebuilding it with a new AN to quick coupler line. If it doesn't work I'll get the new McLeod master. I will soon send the McLeod street twin out and rebuild it along with the McLeod slave. I'll update on the condition of the individual parts. This is a long term test of the all McLeod clutch and hydraulics and I say it passed with flying colors. All street driving six years and at least 60,000 miles. Understandably not everyone gets this much out of a clutch. I never have and that's on F-bodies for over 26 years. ALL heavy street driving and yes I have had SPEC 3, Ram, and LUK (GM). The McLeod easily beats them all. The others only made it 30,000 miles. I considered the new McLeod twins but why change a good thing. By the way Billy is probably the best technical clutch contact there is.
I'm glad to hear that you have had such a great experience with our product. This is the type of experience and durability we strive for with all our customers that choose our clutches. Ohh and thanks for the kind words personally, I think you just made my day.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does the McLeod slave use an o-ring seal or a hydraulic symmetrical type seal?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan
Does the McLeod slave use an o-ring seal or a hydraulic symmetrical type seal?
We use a ethylene propylene quad ring seal.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

^ I've had my McLeod master and clutch in since summer 2006 and haven't had one problem. Installed it back then and haven't touched it since. And are rebuild parts available for the Master if I would need them in the future?

As far as the stock masters letting air in, I was wondering how common/rare this is? My buddy's got an 02 SS that looses its pedal frequently. Wondering if the McLeod slave would work for him.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds great on their clutches. I have a twin(rst) waiting to be installed. Always seen great reviews on these. Thanks for the update.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Veteran

^ I'm thinking about doing a twin when this one burns out..... It's taking long enough..
Old 12-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Staging Lane

The master rebuild worked fine. A good bench bleed on it and I'm in business. I only made one mistake when I installed my slave, I over torqued the bleeder. I wanted to use my vacuum bleeder and clean out the slaves hydraulic fluid also. I need to finish my Z28 and pull the trans out of my WS6. When I send the Street Twin to McLeod I will buy a new bleed line. This time I want a longer bleed line that hangs out of the trans for access and of course torque it correctly. For anyone that has fooled around with the stock slave and master save yourself a lot of work and invest in good hydraulics. It's a lot of work to pull this stuff apart and I did many times before I bought quality stuff.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Billy M
We use a ethylene propylene quad ring seal.
Billy you wouldnt happen to have a cutaway slave to post pics of would you?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

hey guys, quick question.

I bought a mcleod street pro a few months back P/N 75123. came with everything flywheel, bearing, slave, i bought a stock master. i have 1500 miles on the clutch right now. the clutch will slip when i downshift and get on it or in first when i get on it real hard from a dead stop. Had a mechanic friend of mine put it in but he is no clutch expert. I went to installuniversity.com and checked out thier writeup on a mcleod clutch install. they used a shim in thier install and was just wondering if i might need 1. the kit did not come with 1 and my mechanic said he measured and was good

My car is a stock 2001 WS6
Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: ALL McLeod LS1 Hydraulics (Master and Slave)