Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

rebuilding an Mcloed ADJ master

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 05:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rebuilding an Mcloed ADJ master

Yesterday at the track. On my first pass as I went to shift in to fourth gear the pedal hit the floor and didn't come up. After jacking it up and seeing that the line was still connected to the tranny and while my friend pumped the clutch and all the fluid was coming out towards the master I realized that either the line has a hole in it or the master is gonna need a rebuild cause I have no pedal pressure at all. I went ahead and ordered a rebuild kit and line from mcloed. Is there any special tool or knowlegde I need to have or know to rebuild the master? Oh ya I have a Mcloed adj master if that makes any differance.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where exactly is the fluid coming from?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:52 PM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P Mack
Where exactly is the fluid coming from?
Ya same question, is the resevoir hose still holding on the master? If you rebuild it I recommend getting a wheel cylinder hone & cleaning the master's bore up w/it.
I have had great results doing them like that.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club

While under the car and my friend pumping the clutch pedal its coming from under the heat shield that covers up the line right before the tranny.

Right after I just wrote the line above I went out to double check the leak from the under the hood and now I have pressure in my clutch WTF!!!!! Who knows , all I know is that somehow I losted all pressure yesterday at the track around 6:00 and still had no pressure at midnight when I left to go home and now my girlfriend gets in the car and pumps it so I can see where the leak is coming from and now there is pressure and no leaks, woman work wonders!!!!!!! Either way my still rebuilding the master so all advice would be nice.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:58 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by wrencher
Ya same question, is the resevoir hose still holding on the master? If you rebuild it I recommend getting a wheel cylinder hone & cleaning the master's bore up w/it.
I have had great results doing them like that.
If it's as simple as rebuilding a old wheel cylinder, it should be easy than. I've done many off them. Or is it more involved than that?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:59 PM
wrencher

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
While under the car and my friend pumping the clutch pedal its coming from under the heat shield that covers up the line right before the trans
You need a new line then. You can only get it with a master & line from GM
Did you do the drill mod? Have seen sometimes when drilled to much heat builds up & damages the line. But either way it sounds like your gonna be needing one. As long as it is not leaking at the sealing washer from line to master also check that....
Old 06-18-2005, 08:02 PM
wrencher

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
If it's as simple as rebuilding a old wheel cylinder, it should be easy than. I've done many off them. Or is it more involved than that?
It is basically that easy, I just use a pan & alot of brake fluid to hone it & assemble it.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:04 PM
9 Second Club

You need a new line then. You can only get it with a master & line from GM
Did you do the drill mod? Have seen sometimes when drilled to much heat builds up & damages the line. But either way it sounds like your gonna be needing one. As long as it is not leaking at the sealing washer from line to master also check that....
Thats what I figured. I knew it had to of been one of the two. Either way I've already bought them both. Ya I did the drill mod. But like you said I need a new one that why I bought one from Mcloed with mod already done.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:06 PM
9 Second Club

It is basically that easy, I just use a pan & alot of brake fluid to hone it & assemble it.
Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard that Mcleod sells the lines by themselves but i'm not sure.

Quick Reply: rebuilding an Mcloed ADJ master