Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Pedal Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Pedal Stuck

Last night my clutch pedal was stuck on the floor while I was on the freeway after doing a few runs. In order to get it back up I had to put my foot underneath it and pull it up. Does this mean that my clutch is done for and if so what's a good recommendation for a new good long-lasting one.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

anyone?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Week azz pressure plate and a combo of other issues adding to this main problem. Clutch upgrade is the only real cure. Textralia is amongst the going favs these days.
Robert
Old 08-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Well, it depends on the symptom - If the clutch pedal stays on the floor when disengaged then it could be a few things: Binding release fork or release bearing or a faluty clutch master cylinder or release cylinder. A new clutch isnt required...

If the clutch pedal fails to release (pedal pressed to the floor - shift lever does not move freely in and out of reverse) then it could be alot of things from the clutch being contaminated with oil, clutch plate warped, your diaphram spring worn, leaking hydraulic fluid from your clutch, air in clutch, pistol seal damaged, insufficient pedal stroke or even lack of grease on your pilot bushing. Now the worst - damaged transmission input shaft splines
Old 08-02-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear about this all the time, more than likely since you have a 99, it is your master and slave cylinder-get a 01-02 master an slave, gm doesnt make the old ones anymore. basically what it is, is the fluid gets hot and doesnt flow thru the lines very well causing the pedal to stick, a must if you upgrade your clutch, do the drill mod also you can find that here www.installuniversity.com
Old 08-02-2005, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

It's a pretty common thing. The hydraulic fluid gets too hot and creates problems. Drain the entire system and replace it with a heavy duty fluid.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have done a lot of research and had the sticking clutch also. There are some temporary fixes, but crappy GM disc/pressure plate are the real culprits. The Textralia kit comes with an F-body slave a Z06 flywheel, their own clutch disc and Press Plate. No reports of any pedal sticking to the floor and they say drill mod is not needed. Drill mod has never been needed on Z06 clutches. The later F-body slaves are the same internals as the Z06 with just different fittings. As a matter of fact the Textralia for the Z06 comes with a f-body slave and you must change out both fittings from the old Z06 slave. On Z06 forum there is a clutch thread that has been going for a few years, and here it is for insight. There are so many claims that this fixes it, then it's this that fixes, and so on. replacement is about the only real permanent fix. You won't find this issue with the aftermarket clutches and that should tell us something.
Clutch thread
Old 08-07-2005, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
Last night my clutch pedal was stuck on the floor while I was on the freeway after doing a few runs. In order to get it back up I had to put my foot underneath it and pull it up. Does this mean that my clutch is done for and if so what's a good recommendation for a new good long-lasting one.
Same exact thing is happening to me. When i had just a cam, everything was fine and i had no issues. since i got heads and bigger cam put in, every run i do, it will stick in. it usually comes back up on its own, but tonight i had to put my foot under it and lift it up. i guess its new clutch time
Old 08-07-2005, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

This happens all the time. Who ever said that was right. Happened to me in my girls car at the track a few weeks ago. Daily driving is fine, but at the track the clutch pedal stuck to the floor! I'm guess it's the crappy master/slave junk, cuz it's a bone stock 2000 SS. With 70k miles on it, were just gonna get all new stuff since the tranny has to come out. Spec 3, Fidanza fly, updated master/slave, dunno what shifter yet.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Stuck