Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
View Poll Results: Are you happy with your textralia clutch?
Yes
74.42%
No
25.58%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Textralia poll are you happy with it..

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 11:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my pedal engagement was very low for the first 50-100 miles then it came up to where it currently is. Never slipped or had trouble
Old 10-28-2005, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very happy with mine. Great clutch. Slip it all you want leaving from a light and then hold on when you stomp it. It does engage 2 inchs off the floor. Also has anyone noticed a slight bump when you shift in to gears? real slight maybe a grind. Is this normal for the z06 with an aftermarket clutch? I just had a rebuild on the trans, but cant honestly remember if it did it before. all in all a great clutch. I have the laser billet FW.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

So far I really like it. Ive been trying to take it easy breaking it in. Im about 300+ miles now. But I seem to have the famous "low engagement" issue. We bled it a few times, and this was the improvement. But it engages about 2 inches off the ground, altho its been driveable, it doesnt feel close to stock like I know it should. Soft travel for a few inches, then it gets harder around the engagment point. I'm assuming I should just have the system bled again? I hope thats the quick fix. And no break in huh? Maybe I'll hit the track tonight. 300 plus should be good enough.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

So far mine seems to be pretty good.. I probably have about 2000 miles or so on it, and about 30 passes.
Best is 11.17 @ 130mph with 1.9sec 60ft on Nittos.

Still feels nice and light under foot. Has a little bit of chatter, but nothing that annoys me.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SaintNJ
So far I really like it. Ive been trying to take it easy breaking it in. Im about 300+ miles now. But I seem to have the famous "low engagement" issue. We bled it a few times, and this was the improvement. But it engages about 2 inches off the ground, altho its been driveable, it doesnt feel close to stock like I know it should. Soft travel for a few inches, then it gets harder around the engagment point. I'm assuming I should just have the system bled again? I hope thats the quick fix. And no break in huh? Maybe I'll hit the track tonight. 300 plus should be good enough.
mine felt the same way within the first 500miles of break it...its a combonation of the engagement point differance and just the fact your getting used to a totally new and differant clutch....i have over 2300miles on mine and it all that gradually went away....it grabs up a little higher (with the ability to let it slip a little) and its a smooth travel from top to bottom <--(referance to your feeling soft than gets hard halfway down) mine did the same thing. you can try and bleed it somemore, it wont hurt, but just give it some time and it'll eventually it'll feel normal to you.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love all the feedback saying how great the clutch is when most people are still in break in or has 700mi or less. hell...every clutch i've tried was great for the first 1,000mi or so. it's after a full year of street driving and street/strip racing they all seem to go out. lets see this clutch or any clutch hold for two years on what i do to them,then you have a great clutch on your hand. lets look at this clutch in two years and see how many people can keep one in pounding it w/no problems. if not then it's no better then ram or spec.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
mine felt the same way within the first 500miles of break it...its a combonation of the engagement point differance and just the fact your getting used to a totally new and differant clutch....i have over 2300miles on mine and it all that gradually went away....it grabs up a little higher (with the ability to let it slip a little) and its a smooth travel from top to bottom <--(referance to your feeling soft than gets hard halfway down) mine did the same thing. you can try and bleed it somemore, it wont hurt, but just give it some time and it'll eventually it'll feel normal to you.

lol actually you seem to be dead on. now with almost 500 on the clock, its starting to feel much better, smoother, closer to stock. :-D might need to be bled, im having some slight issues with the slave i believe or possibly the clutch fluid boiling. but other than that, DD its been great. the track use i had a few issues. but grib sure wasnt one of em. my 2nd run spun em in 2nd and saw the wall for a few seconds. that was a real wake up call. lol great clutch tho. hands down.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Teching In

I'm happy with mine....

Last edited by Z28SSMAN; 07-16-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

I've had low pedal engagement since the clutch went in ~6K mi ago. Now it is REALLY low (less than 1/2" off the floor) and I can no longer get into gear when shifting above 3K or with anymore than a very light throttle. I think something is dragging. I replaced the master cylinder with a new stock unit to no avail. The whole thing comes apart tomorrow for inspection. I'm so glad that the guys at Textralia are so responsive. Pete assured me that they'd take care of me. That is good peace of mind. I'll know more soon.

Before the dragging started it seemed to work great. Never slipped. It hasn't been to the track yet, but it has held up to some pretty aggressive street driving and 400 whp all summer.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TurboDan
I've had low pedal engagement since the clutch went in ~6K mi ago. Now it is REALLY low (less than 1/2" off the floor) and I can no longer get into gear when shifting above 3K or with anymore than a very light throttle. I think something is dragging. I replaced the master cylinder with a new stock unit to no avail. The whole thing comes apart tomorrow for inspection. I'm so glad that the guys at Textralia are so responsive. Pete assured me that they'd take care of me. That is good peace of mind. I'll know more soon.

Before the dragging started it seemed to work great. Never slipped. It hasn't been to the track yet, but it has held up to some pretty aggressive street driving and 400 whp all summer.
Pressure plate was warped and there were some problems with the pressure plate case where it bolts to the flywheel. Jeff is sending a replacement clutch next-day air. Great service and warranty! Too bad the whole thing had to happen, but I couldn't have asked for better help after it did.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TurboDan
Pressure plate was warped and there were some problems with the pressure plate case where it bolts to the flywheel. Jeff is sending a replacement clutch next-day air. Great service and warranty! Too bad the whole thing had to happen, but I couldn't have asked for better help after it did.
Today I found out that the original installation was done with incorrect torque specs. For the '04 GTO GM had an incorrect cover-to-flywheel spec of 27lbf. They later issued a TSB for 52lbf. My mechanic used the original factory specs (missed the TSB) and no directions shipped with the clutch. This may have contributed to the problem.

Everything seems AOK now. Again, a big thanks to the guys at Textralia. I dropped the car off at the shop yesterday. They had a replacement clutch to my mechanic today. The car was only down two days. Outstanding!!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I've got about 1500 miles on it now, and gone to the track twice, and its holding up great! Feels well, grabs well, works well. No complaints! And they were some of the nicest most helpful guys I've ever come across.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mike c.
i love all the feedback saying how great the clutch is when most people are still in break in or has 700mi or less. hell...every clutch i've tried was great for the first 1,000mi or so. it's after a full year of street driving and street/strip racing they all seem to go out. lets see this clutch or any clutch hold for two years on what i do to them,then you have a great clutch on your hand. lets look at this clutch in two years and see how many people can keep one in pounding it w/no problems. if not then it's no better then ram or spec.
I agree. I want to see HOW LONG these last before I will plop down a grand for a clutch !!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

Good information in this thread. The customer service stories make me feel confident with the purchase. Anyways clutch is being installed tomorrow. I plan on breaking it in that night and racing it later this weekend. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

I fitted mine about 3 days before I was racing. No time to break it in, as many would reccomend. Still worked fine for me.
I just drove it and slipped it as much as I could in normal driving before I raced. ( Without excessively slipping it of course )
Old 11-03-2005, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

How many miles is reccomended for break in? 200 stop and go? Any problem with putting all of it on in one night?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have well over 100 hard launches at drags and many street miles to boot. Works wonderful. Yea, a couple hundred break in miles is all I did and then to the drags.
Robert
Old 11-03-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VINCE
Well I am happy with my Tex Clutch. So far I have sprayed 630rwhp/700rwtq thru it and it feels great. If I have time I will hit it with over 700rwhp this coming week.

its been a week......... UPDATES!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28SSMAN
Holy crap! WHat do you have done to your ride? PM me please!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

150 miles on it, it grabs lower than stock. I haven't gotten into it yet but so far it feels really good. I will report back when the break in is complete and I give it hell.

Quick Reply: Textralia poll are you happy with it..