Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
View Poll Results: Are you happy with your textralia clutch?
Yes
74.42%
No
25.58%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Textralia poll are you happy with it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

My Tex recently started feeling a bit odd, and biting quite close to the floor. Clutch pedal felt ok when engine was off, but felt a little odd when it was running.

This made selecting gears when stationary, a bit difficult. Driving it was fine, and it gripped perfect though.

I took my engine out as I'm working on things, and discovered the problem. I was sure it wasnt a hydraulic problem, and I was correct. Pete suggested some of cover bolts might be loose, although I didnt honestly think they would have been.

When I took the engine out, I did discover 3 of the cover bolts had started to work loose. Not much, but obviously it was enough. Worst was about 2 full turns to tighten again.

I will admit that when I fitted it, I didnt torque them up, but I did put a bit of thread lock on them. I just buzzed them up with an air gun. Next time they will def be torqued properly and plenty of thread lock !!

After about 2500 miles and 30 passes, the clutch isnt even bedded in fully !!! Looks like it is going to last a long time, and grip like hell !!!

So far I'd say the clutch is excellent. Just do pay attention when fitting it.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got my car running today, bled everything, and it feels awesome. Seems to be holding fairly well, and the pedal felt so light, i thought something was wrong. Is easier to push than the one in my CRX, and grips like crazy. There was a little bit of chatter whenever i first started going, but a good part of that is getting used to driving a camaro again, after 7-8 months.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Mine's at about 1.5k miles and has started making rubbing noises on take off and downshifting, kind of a metallic ringing sound like the high pitched 'wrrrrrrrr' that a semi's trailer brakes make, but doesn't necessarily sound like metal-on-metal. Also still bit of chatter on take-off, any ideas?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Mine's still holding great, and driving equally as well...

Wonder can I better that 10.54 @ 145mph next time out, with some decent tyres

Must be about 4000 miles now, and 50 passes.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Z28SSMAN]I'm happy with mine....
Old 07-16-2006, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Update:

Survived 7 hot lapped 4k drops on Mickeys
Old 07-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SeaHawk
Mine's at about 1.5k miles and has started making rubbing noises on take off and downshifting, kind of a metallic ringing sound like the high pitched 'wrrrrrrrr' that a semi's trailer brakes make, but doesn't necessarily sound like metal-on-metal. Also still bit of chatter on take-off, any ideas?

I've been getting the same noise for the past few months. It is getting worse as time passes. The chatter is getting worse also. I'll be putting in an X-grip clutch plate to replace the Z-grip to see if that cures the problem. Pete says the X-grip is smoother for the daily-driving that I do.

Should be here in a few days. Will post results...
Old 07-16-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still going strong after 125 or so 1/4 passes, and second season of racing. just had my entire driveline out and was checking clutch disc, no problemo, it stayed. I will be going for higher rpm launches and stickier tires.
Robert
Old 08-10-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be using the Exo-Skell Dual Disc very shortly...I'll post results as they become available. From what I've read over the past couple of years Textralia is going to be one very hard clutch to beat! I've used everything from the McCleod DD to my current Spec 5 that didn't last 600 miles...I'll keep everyone posted...

Special thanks to Jarrod for all his help!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TurboDan
I've been getting the same noise for the past few months. It is getting worse as time passes. The chatter is getting worse also. I'll be putting in an X-grip clutch plate to replace the Z-grip to see if that cures the problem. Pete says the X-grip is smoother for the daily-driving that I do.

Should be here in a few days. Will post results...

The X-grip is in and it is SMOOTH. The clutch is back to feeling like the stocker. The pedal engagement is much higher now. I like this. So far so good!! Pete and Jarred were very good about getting me back on the road quickly. Hats off to their customer service!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TurboDan
The X-grip is in and it is SMOOTH. The clutch is back to feeling like the stocker. The pedal engagement is much higher now. I like this. So far so good!! Pete and Jarred were very good about getting me back on the road quickly. Hats off to their customer service!
I will second that, they have helped me more than a couple times and in a quick manner, my hat is off.
Robert
Old 08-14-2006, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

5-6k launches with a hard hooking car and mine is fine. I think I have around 700-800 miles on it now. Prolly over 60 launches on it.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So the x one is ok for some high hp use and doesn't make noises like the zgrip.
I am needing a new clutch soon in my car and think going textralia but not sure if single or new twin.
I will be likely around 500 to 600 in daily driving rwhp and once in awhile 700 or more for a couple of runs but not much constant track use. Mostly just daily driving.

I want light pedal and decent holding and minimal to zero chatter.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im needing a new clutch as my RAM is slipping to no other. Where can i find and purhcase a Tex clutch?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bought one, for daily driving it was great, slight chatter at first.......... THEN came the track.... i broke it in properly and after only 10 passes, the flywheel was TOAST. I will not put one back in after seeing that. And YES it was properly installed WITH locktite. These things seem hit or miss, i duno
Old 10-12-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BYUNSPEED
Maybe you could tell us which vendor you bought this brand new from?
Actually, I bought it from an individual who bought it directly from you, never installed it. I PM'ed you asking you if it was authentic and you in fact verified this. So the ORIGINAL vendor was you.

Last edited by FSUNole17; 10-12-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

PLease answer my pm.....
Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No you did not buy it from me. You bought it used from someone else that probably did buy it from me and not used?, how do we know. Plus even buying it used, this is the first anyone has heard of you having an issue. It's not fair to say what you are saying. Even if it was used, Textralia would have helped in any way or you should have contacted me. Either way I'll leave it that and say what you will.
Yes, you are correct, I did not buy it from you but I never stated that I did in my original post. I am not trying to start a fight here, you asked me who I bought it from and I said a man who bought it directly from you which i PM'ed you to verify and you did verify it. And no, I have posted a LONG time ago about having issues with it after the track. Why is it not fair to say what I am saying, a thread was started asking if people are happy with the Textralia and I responded by saying I am not happy. Is this a crime?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have no issues about you posting your grievences as long as you bought it new from a vendor but you bought it used (this is why I don't think it is fair), that is the only problem I have and like I stated, this is the first time I think I know of you complaining of the clutch. You should have called Textralia or called me.

And you did say you bought it from me, which is why you edited your post.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=118
What I edited was the very last sentence which originally stated, "So it was from you." I meant the ORIGINAL vendor was you, the very first sentence of my post said I bought it from an individual. The phrase "I bought it from you" was never mentioned. And honestly, what would you or Textralia have done since I had no receipt or proof of purchase or anything? Not saying that you wouldn't have, but I have never heard of a vendor in any business who would back up a product bought from someone else and not directly from them.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Next time feel free to at least try and ask even if bought used, can't hurt can it? But like I said you bought a used clutch, you can't really give a critique on it when you bought it used.

I would ask anyone to do a search on Textralia here and see what customer has not been taken care of. Textralia is the only clutch company I know of that sends out a replacement FIRST before asking to send the old one back so there is no down time for the customer. Textralia knows you are racing your car with this clutch and has no problems about it.
Point taken, I probably should have mentioned it directly to you or Textralia. For me though, I just felt that putting an LS7 in was a better alternative after simply because being an M6, I didnt want to drag race my car anymore and keep changing clutches. The LS7 was a stock clutch and for normal driving is good, but likewise, teh Textralia is a GREAT stock like/driveability clutch. I will say this good abotu the Tex, when I DID race it at the track, it held my 5-6k rpm clutch dumps like a champ.

Quick Reply: Textralia poll are you happy with it..